Status: FINISHED! (: Go subscribe to the sequel!

I Must Be Dreaming

Diez+Cinco.

FF One Month.

It had been a month since Kennedy and I started dating, and I couldn’t describe how happy I was. I had no recollection of being this happy before, and it was all because of him. He made everything in my life less painful, and more beautiful. But college was a month away, and tour was a week away. Things were quickly changing, and it scared me. I didn’t have any fears when it came to Kennedy leaving; I knew I could trust him on tour; he wasn’t the guy who cheated on his girlfriends, or hooked up with random girls. I was afraid of college though, and everything in my life changing before I was ready for it.

Kennedy and I were sitting on the couch watching Criminal Minds reruns when he looked over at me. “I don’t want to leave.”

“I don’t want you to leave.” I mumbled, never pulling my eyes away from the television. “I just want to tell you to be prepared to lose me if Dr. Reid somehow appears at the house while you’re on tour. I’d leave you for him.” I smiled as

Kennedy laughed at me.

“I’m being serious here Dakota.” He muted the TV before turning his body towards mine.

“As am I dear.”

He smiled at me slightly before standing up and stepping in front of me. He grabbed my hands, pulled me to me my feet, and wrapped his arms around me.

“Just promise me you won’t forget about me when you go off to college okay?” Kennedy mumbled into my hair.

I pulled away to look at him, and I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Was he really going to pull this crap with me? “Kennedy, you know that isn’t going to happen. I’m going to be a half an hour away from home, and I’m going to be coming back all the time. Isn’t it supposed to be me saying, “Don’t forget about me”? I mean, you are going to go all over the country, and I’m not going to see you for awhile.”

“You should just go on tour with us.” He mumbled pulling me closer to him. “Jared won’t care, he hates leaving you here all by yourself.”

“Kennedy Brock, just knock it off okay?”
He sighed before detangling his arms from around me and sitting back down on the couch.

“I just don’t want to leave you.” He mumbled, crossing his arms across his chest, and frowning.

“I don’t want you to either, but it’s going to be perfectly fine. You guys come back from Thanksgiving, and then you’ll be here my entire winter break. We’ll still see each other.”

“We’ll go on a date next week before I leave for tour okay?” Kennedy asked.
He smiled at me slightly, before grabbing my hand and pulling me down on the couch next to him.

Even though I was telling Kennedy one thing, I felt completely different on the inside.

FF One week.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I yelled as I walked into the kitchen of my house to see all of The Maine, and A Rocket getting totally wasted.

“Hey babe.” Kennedy said as he wrapped his arm around me. “Sorry it’s so crazy.”

I scowled before pushing him off, and finding Jared in the crowd. He was the only sober one, like always, and he sent me a small smile.

“Do they always have to do this?” I asked Jared, as Kennedy trailed along behind me shooting Jared and me a small smile.

“Well it’s just their way of having a good time. But can you take Garrett up to the guest room? I need to drive John and Ella home.” Jared said before shooting me a sad smile. “I’m sorry that you’re night got ruined.” Jared’s eyes trailed over to Kennedy who was chugging a beer while talking to a slightly more than tipsy John. “Did he take you out for your date?” Jared asked, motioning towards my green dress, and perfectly done hair and makeup that I did early when Kennedy called me telling me we were going out.

“No, he didn’t.” I grumbled before giving my brother a hug. “Don’t let him do anything stupid on tour okay?” I sent him a small smile before kissing his cheek and walking away.

I found Garrett spread out on the couch next to Halvo and a girl I didn’t recognize. “How bad is he?” I asked motioning to Garrett who was giggling slightly.

“He’s gone.” Eric said laughing slightly before smiling. “Dakota this is my girlfriend Rhett. Rhett this is Dakota. She’s Jared’s younger sister and she’s dating Kennedy.”

“It’s really nice to meet you.” Rhett said extending her hand out to me.

I shook her hand before sending her a smile. “It’s nice to meet you too. Ella and I need some more girls to keep these boys out of trouble. I have a feeling we’ll be great friends.”

Rhett smiled at me before I kneeled down next to Garrett. “Hey Garebear, you wanna go up to the spare room? I think it’s time for you to go to sleep. You’ve got a big day ahead of you.”

Garrett nodded his head before throwing his arm around my shoulder. I wrapped mine around his waist, and pulled him up to his feet. We slowly made our way upstairs and into the guest room. He silently sat down on the bed while I helped him take his shoes off. Garrett was useless when he was drunk.

“Thanks Kota, I like that you help me.” Garrett slurred, obviously drunker than he usually got.

“No problem. It’s what friends are for.” I stood up and went to leave before Garrett grabbed my hand.

I turned back slightly only to be met with Garrett’s lips on mine. I stood there in shock, not sure what to do until I heard someone in the doorway. I quickly pushed Garrett away and flipped around to face the door to see an angry Kennedy standing there.

“What the fuck?” He yelled before slamming his fist into the wall. “I thought I could trust you!”

“Do you really think I would cheat on you Kennedy? Really? He’s fucking drunk! He KISSED ME!” I screamed back, tears already falling down my face.

“Don’t you fucking lie to me! I love you! How do you think this feels?” He screamed as he got in my face.

“Kennedy, I think you need to leave.” Jared appeared behind Kennedy in the doorway along with Nick and Eric.

“We’re over.” Kennedy spat at me before turning on his heel and walking out the door.

I started bawling as Jared made his way over to me, wrapping his arms around me. “It-it wasn’t what it looked like! Garrett k-kissed me!” I sobbed into Jared’s chest as Eric and Nick made their way into the room.

“It’ll blow over. Kennedy’s going to forgive you, I promise. He’s just overreacting right now.” Jared mumbled before stepping back from me.

“I think you should go to bed, okay?” I nodded before making my way out the door and into my room.

I curled up in bed without changing out of my dress and cried for hours. I hadn’t cried since I got together with Kennedy, and it felt foreign to me. I didn’t know what to do, because the one person I wanted to cheer me up was the person who had made me cry.

I fell asleep a few hours later, exhausted from crying. When I opened my eyes the sun was leaking through my blinds, and I rolled over to look at the clock. 7:38 AM. The boys should be here any minute to pick Jared and Garrett up.
I quickly through on a pair of sweats and an old shirt before running down the stairs, hoping that I could talk to Kennedy about everything that had happened last night.

John was sitting on the couch next to Jared, and Garrett was sitting in the recliner staring at the ceiling and they all turned to look at me when I hit the bottom of the stairs.

Ella made her way out of the kitchen, and she gave me a sad smile.

“Dakota I am so sorry about last night. I don’t know what came over me! I’m sorry I caused you to break up with Kennedy! I feel horrible.” Garrett looked absolutely terrified, and I couldn’t help but frown.

“It’s okay Garebear. You didn’t know what you were doing.” I mumbled flopping down into John’s lap.

We all sat there in silence waiting for the other two guys to get here so everyone could leave. Ten minutes into our silent mope fest the doorbell rang and I quickly jumped out of John’s lap to go answer it.

I opened the door to find Pat looking down at his feet. “He says he doesn’t want to see you, or hear what you have to say. I’m sorry.”

I slowly turned around and made my way up the stairs into my room past all of my friends. I collapsed on my bed, and ignored all the shouts of goodbye from my best friends downstairs.

I could feel my heart break as I realized I lost the best thing that ever happened to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END. So who hates me? I know, this is definitely not how you were probably expecting the story to end, I didn't think it would either, but this is where it ended up.

The sequel will be up in a couple weeks. Comment and tell me what you think!

PS. This is the first story I have ever finished!