Sequel: Excuse The Obscene

First You Fall

Strike Two

Toni''s P.O.V.

"Okay what could possibly be wrong now?" Zacky asked, throwing down his fork and staring at me expectantly.

I just shrugged and looked down at my plate. Zacky had decided that the first place we should go in my new car was out to dinner. It wasn't until I was behind the wheel of the car that the euphoria wore off and I started to see everything that was wrong with this situation.

This whole thing had turned into exactly what I had been trying to avoid. Pressuring Zacky to let me move in with him, accepting an expensive car from him when he said no; I'd basically given off the impression that I was nothing more than a desperate gold digging whore. I figured this all out behind the wheel of a brand new Audi that I didn't want anymore.

I pushed the food on my plate around a little more before looking up at Zacky to find that he was still staring at me. I knew he wouldn't ask the question again but would keep that uncomfortable stare on me until I answered.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said, throwing in a smile. Zacky just raised one eyebrow and continued to stare.

"Look I'm just a little tired." I sighed.

"How many more lies and excuses do you have left before you spill the truth?" Zack asked and I just glared at him.

A short while later, Zacky had paid the check and we were heading out of the restaurant. I stopped in front of the car and turned to look at Zacky.

"Zack why do you think I'm dating you?" I asked and Zacky turned to look at me.

"Because I'm incredibly sexy, unbelievably powerful, and disgustingly rich." Zacky said with a playful smirk on his face.

I frowned and climbed into the passenger seat of the car.

"Is that really what's bothering you?" Zack asked as he climbed behind the wheel and took the keys from my hand.

I turned my face from the window to look Zacky in the eye.

"For the record, I'm with you because I like you. Not your money or your power. I like you." I said softly.

"And I know that. The guys know that. Val knows that. The only one doubting it is you." Zacky said, taking my hand in his as he drove. "Stop worrying about it."

I smiled at him and turned to look back out the window.

Val and Zacky are right. I should just stop worrying about it.

A couple of days later I found myself sitting on my couch eating pizza and flipping through that day's newspaper. It wasn't much of plan for the night but I really just wanted to relax so staying home seemed like a good idea.

I was just getting to the comics section when my phone started ringing. I threw my head back and sighed, contemplating whether or not it was worth getting up to answer it. Why the hell was the phone so far away from the couch anyway? After the third ring I decided I might as well answer it.

"Where the hell are you?" I heard Zack's voice ask.

"Home." I answered, walking back over to the couch.

"And why the fuck are you there when you were supposed to be here half an hour ago?"

"Newspaper caught my eye and I've been distracted every since." I replied, pretending not to know why Zacky called.

"Toni, get your ass over here now." Zacky growled.

"I told you already, I don't want to go." I whined. No point in pretending anymore. I knew Zacky was calling because I neglected the plans he made for us to go to another meaningless party tonight.

"You can come on your own or I can go there and drag you here."

"Or you can come here and we'll both just stay here. I'll do that incredible thing with tongue that-"

"No. You're playing dirty." Zacky cut me off. "Johnny talk to her." I heard him yell before Johnny came on the line.

"Toni." Was all he said.

"Fine." I sighed, knowing that they would all bug me until I got my ass over there.

I hung up the phone and threw on some shoes before heading out of my apartment. I walked the two blocks to the parking garage to get my car. Their prices are a little high but it beat parking in my neighborhood and having my car stolen.

Less than an hour later I was at Zacky's place. I climbed out of the car before I could change my mind and drive home.

"Hey Val." I said as I walked through the door.

She looked gorgeous in a dark blue dress that stopped just above her knees and dipped low at the top, coupled with a pair of silver heels.

"Couldn't find a way out of it?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Sadly, no." I replied as we made our way upstairs and into Zacky's room.

"Hurry up and pick one." Val said gesturing to the four dresses laid out on Zacky's bed.

"It doesn't matter, you pick." I replied as I walked over to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I wrapped a plush towel around me and stood in front of the mirror. I grabbed the blow dryer and a brush and started to fix my hair.

"A little faster." I heard Val shout from Zacky's room.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the blow dryer. I ran the brush through my hair a couple of times and deemed it done. My hair pretty much took care of itself anyway. I walked back into Zacky's room and grabbed my bag, quickly applying some light make-up.

"Here." Val said, handing me the dress she had chosen.

The silky green fabric of the dress slid over my body and stopped mid-thigh.

"Green Val? Really?" I said, grabbing the black heels sitting next to the bed.

"Hey you told me to pick." Val said with a smile and a shrug. "it looks great."

"And why is it that none of these dresses ever go pass mid-thigh?" I mumbled as Val pushed me out the door.

"Because you have great legs, now hurry up." Val said, shooting pass me and down the stairs. I just groaned and followed slowly behind her.

I leaned my head on Zacky's shoulder as the car sped along the empty streets. I was still a little pissed for the first half of the car ride before I realized it didn't matter anyway because we were already half way there. Sulking wasn't going to help at this point. At least I'd be able to drink the night away.

And drink is exactly what I did. An hour into the party and I was just starting to feel a slight buzz. Zacky seemed busy talking to one person or another so Val and I circled the enormous room just talking and grabbing drinks from waiters. Val was pointing out people to me on a level of either very important, mildly important or, expendable nobody.

"What about that guy over there?" I asked, pointing to a middle aged man sitting at the bar, surrounded by younger looking women.

"Pierce. Mildly important but well on his way to being an expendable nobody. The women clinging to him probably don't know that he's already on his way out."

"Why?" I asked, picking up another drink as a waiter passed by.

"He pissed off the wrong people. And by the wrong people I mean your boyfriend."

"Oh." I nodded before pointing to another guy, this one younger than the last. "David. He doesn't really qualify for any position yet because he's really only tacking onto his brother's weapons business. Nice guy though."

"How do you remember all of these faces, names and positions?" I asked Val with a short laugh.

"It just happens when you've been doing this long enough." She said with a shrug. "Now can we please sit, I'm tired of walking around."

"You go ahead. I have to go to the bathroom anyway." I said putting down my glass.

After a couple of wrong turns I finally found the bathroom. I checked my make-up in the mirror as I washed my hands. Shutting off the water I turned to leave the bathroom. Just as I opened the door a hand shot out and covered my mouth. Seconds later my vision was blurring.

Holy fucking shit.

I lifted my leg to try and give one good kick but before my leg could make contact with anything I felt myself fall.

Zacky's P.O.V.

"Val," I said, motioning for her to come over to me. "Where's Toni?" I asked when she reached me.

"Around here somewhere. She was feeling a little restless and just kept walking around." Val said, craning her neck from side to side trying to spot Toni in the crowded room.

"It's cool I'll find her." I got up and started to search the room, ignoring the people that tried to stop and talk to me.

I'd circled the room once and gave up, deciding to call her instead. Her phone rang four times and then went to voice mail. That's when this feeling started to creep up on me. I guess this is what panic feels like. I found Val and pulled her to the side.

"Where did you last see Toni?" I asked.

"She was on her way to the bathroom almost half an hour ago." Val said, and I could see her eyes start to fill with worry.

"Find the guys for me." I said as I turned to leave the room.

On my way out I spotted Johnny and grabbed his arm and motioned for him to follow me.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"Have you seen Toni?" I asked.

"No. Why?"

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

I made my way towards the bathroom with Johnny close behind. When I turned the corner that small feeling had before grew seven times larger and a burning rage followed it. The combination of emotions sent me running down the hall to the crumpled body on the floor.

I fell to the floor and wrapped Toni's limp body in my arms. The smell of chloroform hit me as I looked for wounds and found none. I was oblivious to the sound of running behind me and I barely noticed the guys and Val surround us.

"Shit." I heard Johnny say as he picked up a piece of paper taped to the side of Toni's dress.

I lifted Toni in my arms and started walking. The panic had died down when I realized she would wake up in about an hour or so but the feeling was replaced with an almost blinding rage. I'd just placed Toni in the backseat of the car when Johnny handed me the paper he had found.

Take better care of what's yours. You make it too easy for me. And once I've got her...l can dig a grave that no one will find. Consider this strike two.

"What the fuck is this?" I whispered, letting the paper fall from my hands.

"What does 'strike two' mean?" I heard Val ask from behind me.

"Zack man," Brian said "there's something you should see."
♠ ♠ ♠
To fill you all in:

So there were a couple of routes I was thinking of taking at this point in the story but I chose this one because...honestly I'm not sure. At least I didn't spring a pregnancy on you right? Point is I'm trying to put my own tiny spin on a bit of an old cliche. So it might seem like 'kidnapping, I'm not at all surprised' but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that way. The reason I'm saying this at all is because if I find that in the next two or three chapters I don't really like this route, I'm going to backtrack to the chapter right before this one and try something else. Doubtful but still a slight possibility.

Anyways comment please.