‹ Prequel: Hopeless Hearts

After Everything's Said and Done

A Nice Dinner and Mixed Emotions

“Where are you taking me?” I asked Gerard.

He had just got me from his apartment and we were now in a taxi Gerard had had waiting for us. Gerard was wearing a black button up shirt, which was tucked into black dress pants. He had dressed up for once..and looked great.

“If I told you where we were going, it would ruin the surprise,” he said, smiling at me.

“Fine,” I said. After being in the taxi for a few minutes, it finally stopped. Gerard got out and offered me his hand to help me out. I accepted and got out of the car. He kept a hold of my hand and led me into a nice looking restaurant. He walked to where the hostess stood.

“Good evening,” said the hostess smiling. “Do you have a reservation?”

“Yes,” said Gerard.

“Ok. Name?” she said.

“Gerard Way,” he said. The hostess looked at the book on the podium-like thing she stood behind.

“Ok,” she said, grabbing two menus. “Right this way.”

She led us to a table near the dance floor where a few couples were slow dancing. The hostess set the menus on the table.

“Someone will be with you shortly,” she said.

“Thank you,” I said. Gerard and I both sat down. After looking over the menu for a few minutes a waiter came over and we ordered.

“Would you like to dance?” asked Gerard.

“Sure,” I said, smiling at him. He got up and grabbed my hand. I got up and he brought us
to the dance floor. He took my hand he was holding and put it up by his neck. I brought my other hand up to meet it behind Gerard’s neck as he slid his arms around my waist, placing his hands on my back and pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder.

“By the way,” Gerard said quietly into my ear. “You look beautiful.”

I smiled and we continued dancing.

We were now sitting at our table again. Our food had arrived a few minutes ago.

“So, what are we doing after this?” I asked.

“Well,” he said. “We’ll go back to my apartment where I’ll do a strip show for you.”

I just stared at him.

“I’m just kidding,” he said, laughing. I laughed too. “I invited some people to come over later.”

“Oh,” I said. “Who?”

“It’s a surprise,” he said, smiling.

When we got back to Gerard’s apartment, he told me we had a little while before anyone showed up. Gerard and I both changed our clothes and were now sitting on the couch in the living room.

“Gerard?” I said.

“Yeah?” Gerard said.

“Thanks for tonight,” I said. “I had a lot of fun.”

“No problem,” he said, smiling.

I don’t know exactly why I did what I did next. Maybe because I had drunk a little too much wine at dinner. Or maybe because Gerard just looked so adorable right now. Whatever the reason, I kissed Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. I'll try to post more or the rest of the sequel tomorrow.
~Sally