‹ Prequel: Hopeless Hearts

After Everything's Said and Done

Special

~Gerard’s POV~

I woke up the next morning, luckily with no hangover. I hadn’t drunk as much as I usually did. I sat up slowly and looked to my right to see Claire, still sound asleep. She would most likely have a hangover.

I just sat there, staring at her. I then started to think about our kiss after we had gotten back from dinner and before the guys came over for her party. I wondered if she had feelings for me. I knew I liked her. Loved her, actually. I had felt that way almost since the day I met her. I would have told her back then too, but she was happy with Frank. I didn’t want to ruin that because I didn’t want to see her sad. As long as she was happy, I was happy. I want to tell her how I feel, but I don’t know how. Well..there is one way..

~Claire’s POV~

I opened my eyes slowly, only to snap them shut immediately. After a minute, I slowly opened my eyes, leaving them open this time, despite my urge to close them again. I felt awful. No thanks to all the alcohol I had consumed the previous night. A groan escaped from my lips.

“Gerard?” I called, my own voice causing me to flinch in pain from my throbbing headache. I heard quiet footsteps coming toward me.

“Yeah, sugar?” Gerard said quietly, coming into view.

“Do you have any Advil?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’ll be right back.”

He left the bedroom and came back not long after with two Advil’s and a glass of water. I slowly sat up before I took the medicine and water from Gerard. I quickly took the Advil with the water. After drinking the water I handed Gerard the glass.

“Thank you,” I said.

“No problem,” he said, smiling at me. “You hungry?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“I’ll make us some lunch then, seeing as it’s already 1,” he said.

“Ok,” I said. “I’m gonna take a shower. I’ll be out in a little bit.”

“Ok,” he said. He left the room and I slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I got dressed quickly before joining Gerard in the kitchen/dining room for lunch. I felt a little better and my headache was starting to go away.

“So,” said Gerard. “Excited about tonight?”

“What’s tonight?” I asked, before taking a bite of the sandwich he had made for me.

“Our gig,” he said, smiling. “I can’t believe you forgot!”

“Oh yeah! I’m sorry,” I said. “But I am excited.”

“Good,” he said. “I think you’ll like it.”

~At the Gig~

I was sitting at the bar with Missy, drinking a beer. I wasn’t going to drink as much as I had last night though. We were waiting for Gerard and the guys to come on stage.

“So,” said Missy. “How do you know the guys?”

“I went to high school with them for a few months,” I replied. “How did you meet them?”

“Well,” she said. “I met Frank at a party. Then when we started dating, he introduced me to the guys.”

“Oh,” I said. I looked at the stage and saw the guys were on stage now. Gerard looked around the bar before spotting me and smiled. He then began to speak into the microphone in front of him.

“We’re My Chemical Romance,” he said. “And this first song is called ‘Vampires Will Never Hurt You’.”

They began playing and I sat and watched. It felt like when I used to watch them practice except there was more people watching. They played a few more songs I recognized from the rehearsals at Gerard’s house, before Gerard spoke again.

“This next song is our last one for tonight,” he said. “I wrote this a few years ago for someone very special to me. This one’s for you Claire.”

He looked right at me as he said the last line. They started playing a soft melody I didn’t recognize before Gerard started to sing softly. It was a song I had not heard them play before.

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets..."

As the song came to an end, I just sat there, stunned. I didn’t know I meant that much to Gerard. I quickly got up and went to the door that led to the backstage area. As I got closer I saw Gerard come out of the door. He saw me coming and smiled.

“Claire!” he exclaimed when I got closer. He grabbed my hand and brought me backstage. “How did you like the show?”

“It was great!” I said, smiling.

“What about the last song?” he asked. We were now standing backstage, Gerard staring me straight in the eye.

“I loved it,” I said. “When did you write it?”

“I started it after you left my house to go to Frank’s,” he said. “That night we drank together.”

“What?” said a voice from behind Gerard. I looked around Gerard’s body as Gerard turned his head to see who the voice belonged to. I saw Frank, not looking too happy. “First I find out that song was about Claire on stage tonight, and now I find out you wrote it while she was still my girlfriend?”

“What does it matter?” asked Gerard. “I didn’t tell her how I felt when you two were together.”

“I don’t fucking care,” said Frank. “You still wrote that fucking song while we were together.”

I couldn’t believe Frank was getting mad over this.

“What does it matter?” I asked Frank, stepping around Gerard. “It’s just a song and I don’t see why you would care that it’s about me.”

Frank just stared at me as I glared back. He averted his gaze from me and turned around, leaving Gerard and me alone again.

“Claire,” said Gerard. I turned around to face him.

“Yeah?” I said.

“That song’s just not a song,” he said. “I may have written it a few years ago, but everything in it is still true.”

“Do you really feel that way about me?” I asked quietly, stepping towards him.

“Yeah. I always have,” he said. “I’ll understand if you don’t feel the same way.”

I had moved my face close to his now and I moved it even closer, closing the gap between us. The kiss was soft but passionate. Gerard’s brought his fingers to rest delicately on the sides of my face.

I pulled away slowly and smiled at Gerard who was smiling back at me. Before I could say anything, Gerard had brought his lips back to mine, kissing me more roughly, but still passionate. He set his hands on my hips and made me walk backwards slowly till my back hit a wall. His tongue brushed over my bottom lip, wanting entrance into my mouth, which I allowed. His hands went to the bottom of my shirt, sliding under it, his warm hands burning the sensitive flesh. As his hands crept closer to the bottom of my bra, I pulled away from Gerard’s kiss and his lips quickly found my neck.

“Gerard,” I said.

“Hmm,” he sounded, his lips kissing my neck.

“We can’t do this here,” I said. He stopped kissing my neck and looked at me.

“Ok,” he said. He took his hands from under my shirt and grabbed my hand, leading us back into the bar area and out onto the sidewalk, where we headed toward Gerard’s apartment.

When we reached his apartment, Gerard hurriedly unlocked the door. As soon as we were in the apartment Gerard pulled me toward his bedroom. Once we were in the bedroom, Gerard attacked my lips with his while pushing me backwards till my legs hit his bed. I fell on top of the bed and Gerard quickly got on top of me. He removed his lips from mine and brought them to my neck. He kissed and bit the tender flesh of my neck softly. A moan escaped my lips and I felt Gerard smile against my neck. I grabbed the sides of his head and brought his lips back to mine, kissing him roughly before removing his shirt. After I had his shirt off, he quickly pulled off mine. We took off each other’s clothes till there was nothing left. Gerard reached into the drawer of the table next to his bed and grabbed a condom, which he quickly opened and put on.

He kissed me and positioned himself above me before entering me a second later.