Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Drunken Thoughts

We walked back inside and I walked quickly down the hall to get into the room. “Hold on a sec Mel” Dean said as he grabbed my wrist to stop me and he spun me around to face him. “I didn’t just kiss you…just to kiss you…look, this isn’t easy for me to say okay but I just…I like you…” he said as I felt my back hit the wall and his face started to get closer to mine.

“I like you too…but I’m damaged goods…” I spoke slowly, trying to concentrate on my breathing.

“Then we can be damaged goods together…” His face got closer. “I want to be something more than just a friend…or another acquaintance on the job…it’s so much different this time…”

I stayed silent as his breath on my lips gave me chills. But I resisted the urge to kiss him. I couldn’t just let him in so easy. I reached behind me and turned the knob, swinging the door open.

“I think I’ll make you work for it a little longer” I smirked and then walked into the room. He chuckled as he walked in behind me and shut the door.

We walked over to where Sam was sitting in a chair facing the window. I heard the water running so I guessed Brit was in the bathroom. Dean and I walked over to the window to look outside and look down.

“There’s been another one. Some guy just hung himself in his room” I spoke, smiling to myself a bit and Dean was doing the same as he looked at me.

“Yeah…” Sam started. “We saw” Brit sighed.

“We’ve gotta figure this out, and fast. What’d you find out about Granny?” Dean asked.

“You’re bossy” Sam said, suddenly.

Dean and I gave each other weird looks and then turned around to look at him. “What?” Dean asked.

“You’re bossy…and short” Sam said and started laughing. “Are you drunk?” I asked him. “Yeah. So? Stupid” he said and I scoffed, giving him a look.

He looked away like a little puppy I just scolded. “He started being like this about ten minutes after we got back to the room” Brit sighed as she came out of the bathroom and over to us.

“Dude, what are you thinking? We’re working a case” Dean chided.

Sam suddenly became on the verge of tears. “That guy who hung himself…I couldn’t save him”

“What are you talking about? You didn’t know, you couldn’t have done anything”

“That’s an excuse, Dean. I should’ve found a way to save him. I should’ve saved Ava, too”

“Yeah, well, you can’t save everyone. Even you said that”

“No, Dean, you don’t understand, all right? The more people I save, the more I can change”

“Change what?”

“My destiny, Dean!”

“All right, time for bed” I decided, clapping my hands together.

“Come on, Sasquatch” Dean added and he and I got him up and led him to the bed.

“Ugh Sam, don’t breath on me” I complained.

“But you’re pretty…hook me up with your friend. She’s hot…and Dean called dibs on you already…but it’s not you I want anyway, it’s your friend” he slurred a loud whisper.

I laughed. Dean hit Sam's head on the wall as we were making our way over to the bed. “Oops” Dean said and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Then Sam looked at Dean. “I need you to watch out for me”

“Yeah. I always do”

“No, no, no. You have to watch out for me, all right? And if I ever turn into something that I’m not…you have to kill me” he said and my eyebrows went up as my face saddened.

“Sam”

“Dean, Dad told you to do it. You have to”

“Yeah, well, Dad’s an ass. He never should’ve said anything. I mean, you don’t do that, you don’t lay that kind of crap on your kids"

“No, he was right to say it. Who knows what I might become? Even now, everyone around me dies!”

“Well, I’m not dying, okay? And neither are you…”

“Melissa and Brittney might die. It’s a possibility”

“We’re not going anywhere Sam. We aren’t dying” I told him and Dean and I got him to sit down on the bed.

I went to back up so him and Dean could talk some without me standing there but Sam gripped onto my arm, keeping me there but he continued to just look at Dean. “No, please. Dean, you’re the only one who can do it. Promise”

“Don’t ask that of me”

“Dean, please. You have to promise me” Sam pleaded.

Dean stared down at his little brother with helpless eyes. “I promise” he finally said.

Then Sam looked at me and I looked back at him. “Then once I’m gone, you have to take care of him…”

“Sam you don’t have to ask that of me because you aren’t…” I started, smiling at him.

“No, Melissa…I need you to promise me you’re going to take care of my big brother…”

Then he pulled me closer. “And then I need you to make sure Brit knows she’s the most beautiful girl ever…and whatever you do…don’t hurt her” he whispered like it was a deep dark secret. Then he let me back up a little. “So promise me you’ll take care of him” he repeated.

I looked at Dean as he stared back at me. I looked back at Sam. “I promise Sam” I said lightly.

“Thanks” he said, putting a hand on my face. Then he clutched Dean’s face. “Thank you”

Dean pushed him away lightly and then Sam rolled onto his stomach and fell asleep. I looked at Dean with sad eyes as he ran both of his hands over his face in distress.

Dean went out for a walk around the hotel as he left us to watch over Sam as he slept. Brit and I sat on the other bed, side by side. We didn’t even know what to say. “Huh” I finally grunted.

Huh? After that all you can say is huh?” she snapped.

Uh huh?” I smirked. She scoffed and stood up. “Come on Brit, what do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know…but you heard what Sam said…he’s right, Dean will have to kill him if he turns into something dangerous…and I want you to do the same”

“Brit, he was drunk. He didn’t know what…”

“No. He did know what he was saying because he told me he really feels that way…and I feel the same…” she said and I stood up.

“No one is getting killed…not you and not Sam…” I said sternly as I got in her face. She didn’t reply. I backed up a little. “Sam has a thing for you though. You should be celebrating” I smirked.

She just shook her head and turned away to walk over to her laptop. I sighed and shook my head as well.

~~~~~

Morning came and Sam has been in the bathroom, hunched over the toilet, sitting on the floor for most of the morning. I found much amusement in it. Brit brought him a glass of water and then just sat on counter of the bathroom sink. They’ve been talking quietly for a while and I’ve been trying not to listen to give them some privacy. Here and there though, I would hear him throw up or groan and then I would make a crack about greasy foods and fattening desserts just to make him feel more sick…it was fun. I was staring outside when Dean came in. He looked over at Sam and grinned, looking back at me and I grinned too. He found just as much amusement in it as I did…and it was satisfying for us since he was stupid enough to drink on the job.

“How you feelin’, Sammy? I guess mixing whiskey and Jager wasn’t such a gangbuster idea, was it? I bet you don’t remember a thing from last night, do you?” he stated as he walked over to me and we both stared into the bathroom at him.

“Ugh, I can still taste the tequila” he groaned.

“You know what a really good hangover remedy is? A greasy pork sandwich…” I started. “Served up in a dirty ashtray” Dean finished for me and we both smiled more.

“Oh, I hate you both” he groaned again.

“We know you do” I smiled as we walked over to the bathroom and leaned against the door frame on each side.

“Hey, it turns out when Grandma Rose was a tyke, she had a Creole nanny who wore a hoodoo necklace” Dean said.

“So, you think she taught Rose hoodoo?” Sam asked.

“Yes, I do”

“All right. I think it’s time we talk to Rose, then” Sam said, standing up.

“You need to brush your teeth first” I stated and both Dean and Brit nodded, making faces.

~~~

Once we were all ready, we walked out and headed over to Susan’s room and knocked. “Hello? Susan?” Brit called.

There was no answer. “All clear?” I questioned. “Mmhmm” Dean mumbled as him and Brit turned around to be look out.

I looked up at Sam, asking him to pick the lock this time with my eyes. He gestured to the door with his hand. I picked the lock in a matter of milliseconds and I swung the door open lightly.

“Wow Sammy, I think she beat your record” Dean commented and we all walked inside.

We looked around and I felt creeped out just from all the dolls being around. We found another door and started climbing up. We reached the attic and saw an old woman sitting in the dark in a wheelchair, looking out the big circle attic window. “Ms. Thompson?” Brit spoke. There was no response.

“Ms. Thompson?…Rose?” Sam tried.

We started to approach her and we got to the front of her so we could see her face but she didn’t respond to our presence. She continued to look out the window as she looked very scared of something

“Ms. Thompson…we’re not here to hurt you, it’s okay…” I started saying but she still didn’t speak. “Guys…this woman had a stroke” I stated as we all backed up a little.

“Yea, but hoodoo’s hands on” Dean reminded. “Yea” Brit did a semi-sigh. “You’ve gotta mix herbs and chant and build an altar” Sam said.

“So, it can’t be Rose. Heck, maybe it’s not even hoodoo” I shrugged.

“You know, she could be faking” Dean suggested.

“Yeah, what do you wanna do? Poke her with a stick?” Sam asked rhetorically…but Dean nodded. “Dude! You’re not gonna poke her with a stick!” Sam scolded.

“Well it’s not the worst idea…” I mumbled.

“Melissa!” Brit chided.

Then before I could defend myself…I heard footsteps…and then Susan walked in. “What the hell? What are you doing in here?” she demanded.

Then we all started to talk simultaneously unsure of what to even say as she ran to her mother’s side. “Look at her, she is scared out of her wits. I want you out of my hotel in two minutes or I’m calling the cops”

~~~

Brit and I got in the truck as the boys got in the Impala and we showed Susan we were leaving…but then we just drove around the corner and walked back to the hotel, through the back. We were being very stealthy and we just needed to find some way to get some more answers…then we saw Susan was being threatened to be run over by a car that had no driver in the front seat while the merry-go-round started to spin and the swings started to move on the little playground. Sam ran and got her out of the way, saving her life and we got her safely inside. We got her a drink at the bar in the dining room and explained to her what was happening…we couldn’t ease her into it…she called us insane…same old thing. But then…we found out she only has one daughter…not two. That was when we all ran up to Tyler’s room. We ran in and she wasn’t there…but a lot of antique dolls were broken…it was more than just creepy to say the least.

“Susan, tell us what you know about Maggie” I said.

“Not much. Tyler’s been talking about her since Mom got sick”

“Okay, did you ever know anyone by that name?” Brit asked.

“No”

“Think, think. Maybe somebody that could have lived here, might have passed away?” Dean suggested.

“Oh my God. My mom. My mom had a sister named Margaret. She barely spoke about her”

“Did Margaret happen to die here when she was a kid?” Sam asked.

“She drowned in the pool”

“Come on” I grunted, racing out of the room as they all followed.

We reached the pool house and got to the doors, seeing Tyler on the ledge, ready to jump from the second floor down to the first where the pool was. “Tyler!” Susan yelled as the boys tried to break the glass doors. “Mommy!” Tyler screamed as she seemed to be pushed into the pool.

“Is there another entrance?” Dean demanded quickly.

“Around back!”

“Alright lets go” he said to Brit. “You two keep working” he said to Sam and I and he took off with Brit and Susan.

Sam and I continued to try and break the glass. Sam used an urn to try to break it but it cracked just a little. “Ugh!” I said in annoyance.

Then I started to back up. Sam stood back as I charged at the glass doors. They broke on impact and I kept running, jumping up on the ledge, doing a flip and diving into the pool. I looked around and saw Tyler on the bottom of the pool with the plastic covering around us. I swam down, pushing the plastic out of the way and I heard another splash. When I got Tyler, I looked up to see Sam there and I handed her off to him since he would get her out of the water faster than I would. As he headed for the surface, I got trapped in the plastic…but I made my way to the top. I resurfaced and saw Tyler was limp, lying beside the pool with Dean, Brit and Susan around her but then she started spitting up water. I smiled and sighed with relief.

“Oh thank God! Thank God!” Susan cooed, wrapping her arms around her daughter. “Mommy!” Tyler cried out. “Yea baby, I’m here” Susan sobbed.

“Tyler, do you see Maggie anywhere? “Sam asked.

She looked around. “No, she’s gone”

We got to Tyler’s bedroom and Susan and Tyler started climbing the stairs to the attic. “I don’t get it. Did Maggie just stop?” Dean asked. “Seems like it” Sam replied.

“Where the hell did she go?” I asked as I was shaking out the water from my hair with a towel that Susan gave me.

Then, we heard a scream and raced up the stairs. We saw Susan in shock and crying a little, holding Tyler close to her. We all looked over at Rose…she was dead.

~~~~~~

A few minutes later, the paramedics got there and covered Rose in a stretcher, taking her away. We all walked over to Susan. “The paramedics said it was another stroke. You think Margaret could have had something to do with it?” she asked.

“We don’t know” Dean said. “But it’s possible” Brit added. “Susan, I’m sorry” I said sincerely.

“God, you have nothing to apologize for. You’ve given me everything”

Tyler came outside and over to us. “Ready to go, kiddo?”

“Yeah”

“Tyler, you’re sure Maggie’s not around anymore?” Sam asked.

“I’m sure. I’d see her”

Then a taxi showed up, waiting for them. “Well, I guess whatever’s going on must be over” Dean said. “You two take care of yourselves, all right?” Sam said and Susan hugged him tight.

“Thank you. All of you” she said, letting go and then got into the taxi with Tyler and it drove away.

“I think you could’ve hooked up some MILF action there, man. Seriously, I think she liked you” Dean chuckled.

“Yeah, that’s all she needs”

“Well, you saved the mom, you saved the girl…well Melissa did but she isn’t the one who got the hug…not a bad day. Of course, you know I could’ve saved her myself, but I didn’t want you to feel useless…”

“All right, I appreciate it” Sam laughed. “Next time it’ll be Brittney’s turn” Dean joked. “That’d be cool” she shrugged. “Thanks guys” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at all of them and they laughed as we approached the Impala.

“Feels good to get back in the saddle, doesn’t it?” Dean smiled to himself.

“Yeah. Yeah, it does. But it doesn’t change what we talked about last night, Dean” Sam said looking at both me and Dean.

“We talked about a lot of things last night” Dean reminded him.

“You know what I mean”

“You were wasted Sam” I informed him in case he forgot.

“But you two weren’t. And you promised” he said and then eyed me.

Dean and I exchanged looked. We both wanted to say something but didn’t know what. Then, I saw Sam looking at Brit…there was something in his eyes…but I couldn’t tell what it was. Without another word, we walked over to the truck as the boys just got into their car and we drove off…unsure of what next crazy thing was in store for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333