Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Retracing Steps

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
I’ve never felt like a bad person. I never was a bad person. I’ve never killed anyone…intentionally…I’ve never enjoyed killing…I was never a bully, I always knew right from wrong…I never even stolen anything until Brit and I had to go out on our own…and it got even worse when we met the boys. But now? I’m a wanted woman…and not in the good way. I was wanted now, not for just being an accomplice to the guys but now for holding up a bank at gun point. Yep. We were dealing with another shape shifter and this crazy guy, Ronald, who thought he was helping us find the ‘mandroid with laser eyes’ as he liked to think of it. He wasn’t all that crazy though…he was just a guy who stumbled upon something dangerous…but was certainly stupid, that was for sure. We had everything perfect, we were set up in the room that gave camera access to the whole bank as we posed as cops…and then this moron barged into the bank with a rifle shooting up into the air. He didn’t want to hurt anybody, he just wanted cooperation. So…we tried talking to him…he didn’t like Sam too much…but we got through to him…well Dean did…and we kept the ‘hostages’ in the bank’s safe. But anyway, as we continued to try and find this stupid thing, we had to let some people go…so that’s how my face and Dean’s face was seen on the news for everyone to see. It was bad enough for Dean since he’s already wanted badly but now it’s terrible for me since I’m wanted now too…and now all of this just sounds like a really dirty joke. In the end…poor Ronald was shot from an outside officer…and then they all began to pour in like no tomorrow. We’re so suave though, we managed to get our own SWAT team uniforms and get out alive. Then it hit us…we were so screwed. It was official.

Our next case…wasn’t exactly my favorite. As I grew up as a kid, my father taught me about God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Adam, Eve, angels and of course the Devil…Heaven and Hell…all that good stuff…and yea I used to be very religious…but how can I still be religious after what I’ve been through? Brittney and I disagree on some things and we agree on some things…this was something we agreed on…yet she still had this thing where she just had to believe in Heaven. She believed in it, yet she didn’t believe in it. Me? I wasn’t sure. You all must know by now how conflicted I really am…and how much of a contradiction I can be. I felt myself leaning toward not believing…but it was like my head was just telling me to believe. Let me ask you…if you’ve been through what I’ve been through and seen what I’ve seen…would you still believe? Sam did. He prays. I want to feel like I can just pray and hope someone is up there listening…I like to think my family is up there…but I’m just not sure if I believed it. Dean and I were on the same boat. He was just positive that he was completely against the whole believing thing…until the end of the case. We were investigating a town where angels were apparently telling people to kill other people. Dean and I thought it was all crap and we were skeptical about it…and I could see the wedge that drove Brit and Sam away from each other slightly since it was something close to Sam’s heart and Brit just couldn’t bring herself to believe it. In the end, it was some priest who was killed but thought he had become an angel. I was definitely shocked to hear Dean say maybe there were angels after all. It was all just over the top weird for me.

As the days continued to just push on, Dean and I had our fair share of…moments. We flirt whenever we can…well he starts it. I thought maybe we could actually start something…and I would’ve brought it up…if Sam and Brittney didn’t suddenly go missing…with my truck! While Dean was on the phone with Ellen for the sixth time in the passed half hour, I was pacing back and forth, just trying to think of what could’ve gotten into them. I mean, sure if they both have a thing for each other it’s okay to want some privacy but it’s not okay to just take off without telling us and it’s definitely not okay to use my truck in the process!

“Ellen, it’s me again. Any chance you’ve heard from him them?…I swear, it’s like looking for my dad all over again. I’m losing my mind here…and Mel’s doing no better…no, we’ve called them a thousand times. It’s nothing but voicemail. And I don’t know where they went, or why. Sam and Brittney are just gone…”

I realized he stopped talking, so I turned to face him and stared at him as he looked at his phones screen, pushed a button and put it to his ear again. “Sammy?” he said and I felt my breath stop. “Where the hell are you? Are you and Brittney okay?…hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Where are you two?…All right, don’t move. We’re on our way” he said and hung up. “Get in” he ordered and I quickly obeyed.

He took off. “What did he say? Where are they?” I asked quickly.

“Some motel…” was all he mumbled.

I tried to relax but it was so hard. Dean reached over and grabbed my hand. I looked over at him but he didn’t look back. He just kept his eyes on the road. But I gripped onto his hand with both of mine as I tried to focus on my breathing. The ride was tense and silent…but we both didn’t want or need to say anything…we just wanted Sam and Brit back.

We finally got to a motel and rushed inside. I followed Dean quickly to a door and he knocked on it. “Sam, Brittney, it’s us…guys!” Dean yelled.

No one answered but the door was unlocked. We both walked in and saw Sam and Brit sitting on the edge of the bed side by side. “Hey” I said. “Hey, guys” they both said quietly.

I sat next to Brit as Dean sat next to Sam. “Are you bleeding?” Dean asked, looking at their red-stained hands. “We tried to wash it off” Sam said.

“Oh, my God” I gasped seeing their shirts were bloody as well. “I don’t think it’s our blood” Brit said. “Whose is it?” Dean asked. “We don’t know” Sam answered.

“Brittney…Sam…what the hell happened?” I asked.

“Mel…we don’t remember anything” Brit answered and Sam had the same look she did. I looked at Dean and he just looked back at me.

~

While I stayed with Sam and Brit and I got them to change into clean clothes, Dean went to go find some kind of information. He came back a few minutes later. “What’d you find out?” Sam asked.

“You two checked in two days ago under the names Richard and Samantha Sambora. Of course, I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you’re Bon Jovi fans” Dean said. “Hmm” I nodded in approval.

“Dean” Sam said sternly. “Focus” Brit added, looking at me. “Your room’s been quiet. Nobody’s noticed anything unusual” Dean continued. “You mean no one saw us walking around, covered in blood?” Brit asked.

“Yeah. That’s what I mean”

“Then how the hell did we get here, Dean? What happened to us?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know, all right? But you’re okay, that’s what matters. Everything else we can deal with”

“Oh, really? ‘Cause what if we hurt someone? Or worse?”

“Sam”

“What if this is what John warned you two about?” Brit said.

“Hey, come on, man, let’s not jump the gun here. We don’t know what happened. And we’ve just gotta treat this like any other job. What’s the last thing you both remember?” I asked.

“Just you, me, Sam and Dean in that motel room in West Texas…” she started. “Brit and I went out to grab some burgers and…” Sam started.

“West Texas? That was over a week ago” I stated. “That’s it. Next thing we knew, we was sitting here…bloody. Felt like we’d been asleep for a month” Sam said.

I found it strange how Sam was kind of talking for the both of them…and saying we a lot…never I…maybe I was reading too much into it…it sounded planed though…I let the feeling slide.

“Okay. Retrace your steps. The manager said you left yesterday afternoon and never saw you come back” Dean said, walking over to the window. “Hey” he said we all stood to see blood on the latch of the window. Sam and Brit started to look even more worried.

We got outside and into the parking lot. “Recognize anything?” Dean asked.

“No” Sam said and Brit shook her head.

“Wait…I think we were here” Brit said. “You remember?” I asked. “No…it’s kind of just a feeling…it seems familiar…try that one” she said, pointing to a storage unit. “Wait” Sam said, pulling out a key.

Dean took it and unlocked the lock. He lifted the door and we saw a Volkswagen beetle parked inside. “Oh please tell me you didn’t steal this” Dean said, looking at the piece of crap. “More blood” Sam stated as he wiped his finger across the steering wheel.

I looked in the back. “Guys…back seat” I said and they all saw the bloody knife laying there “You think we used this on someone?” Sam asked.

“I’m not thinking anything” Dean said. Then he picked up a pack of cigarettes. “Okay now this is disturbing”

“Seriously…come on, this couldn’t have been you two. It had to be someone else…somebody who…”

“Smokes menthols” Dean finished for me. “Hey…a gas receipt…a few towns over” Sam stated.

Then I realized something. “Hey guys…where’s my truck…” I said, looking around the parking lot and I started to panic. “God damn it!” I cursed.

“Mel, we’re really sorry…” Brit said.

“It’s okay” I said with clenched teeth. “Look, we’ll find your truck…come on” Dean said and we headed over to the Impala. I sighed as Brit and I got into the back seat. It was going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~

We got to a gas station and Dean started to ask some sarcastic questions and I just rolled my eyes, restraining from snapping at him. We walked inside and the guy behind the counter totally freaked out as he stared at Sam and Brit in horror.

“You two. Outta here. I’m calling the cops” he said, picking up the phone.

Dean and I glanced at each other with equally confused looks. “You talking to them?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m talking to them. Those two shows up yesterday, stinkin’ drunk. Both grab a 40 from the fridge and starts chugging”

Now, we all looked at each other, very confused. Brit definitely wasn’t a heavy drinker…and neither was Sam…except for when we were at the hotel with the creepy dolls.

“These two? You’re drinking malt liquor?” Dean asked them both, skeptically as he eyed them both. “Not after he whipped the bottle at my friggin’ head!” the guy claimed.

“These guys?!” I repeated, completely in disbelief.

“What am I? Speaking Urdu?”

“Look, I’m really sorry if we did any...” Sam started.

“Tell your story walkin’ pal. Popo will be here in five”

“Woah, woah, woah. He’s leaving, he’s leaving. They both are. Mel get them out of here” Dean said and I nodded. I put a hand on both of their backs and ushered them out. We got back to the Impala and then Dean got there as well and we started driving.

~~~

We came to a house and walked up to it. We saw the alarm was disabled and so we walked on into the dark house. We started looking around and there was a lot of high tech security around…and there was a lot of rubble and debris all over the place. I could smell some iron and copper as we continued to look around and then I heard a small splash come from beneath my foot. I felt the wall for a switch and turned the light on. I looked down…and saw I stepped in blood. It belonged to a corpse laying on the ground right in front of me. I felt a big lump in my throat.

“Here” Dean said gently as he pulled me back lightly and he took my shoe off for me to wipe the blood off with a towel. “You okay?” he asked.

“I’m fine” I said, taking my shoe back from him and putting it back on.

Dean moved the guy slightly and we saw his throat was slit. Sam unlocked something and slid two doors open, revealing guns, maps, symbols and pictures. This guy was a hunter…we were in the home of a dead hunter.

Dean saw a camera in the corner and I went over to the computer and accessed the files. I started playing them as everyone crowded around me, watching the screen. My eyes widened as I saw Brit and Sam team up to beat the living Hell out of this guy before Sam finished it by slitting his throat. This had to be some kind of sick joke. It just had to be. I cursed under my breath. Dean and I started to work at the same time, quickly. I started deleting files from the computer as Dean started to wipe down our prints. Sam and Brit were in a state of shock.

“Brit come on help me out here, how do I know I deleted everything?” I pleaded.

“We killed him…” was all she said. “We broke into his house and killed him” Sam added.

“Listen to me, both of you. Whoever this guy is, he’s a hunter. Which means that other hunters are gonna come looking for his killer, which means we’ve gotta cover our tracks, okay?” Dean said, instructively.

“His name was Steve Wandel. This is a letter from his daughter” Sam said, tossing a piece of paper onto the desk.

“Ugh!” I said in frustration. Then I picked up the whole thing and threw it to the ground, breaking it into some pieces. Stupid computer. They all looked at me with weird looks. “What?” I snapped.

“Nothing. It was a good idea” Dean said and kicked it into the wall, shattering it all even more. Then, we got the hell out of there.

~~~~~~~~

We got back to the motel and got to the room and the boys walked inside as Brit held onto my wrist, keeping me in my spot. She pulled me off to the side so we were in between two vending machines and out of sight. “Melissa…you have to do it…” she started, putting a gun in my hand.

“Do what?” I laughed a little. She just eyed me. I laughed some more. “You must really be crazy right now if you think I’m going to…”

“Melissa, for weeks now, I’ve had these feelings…of anger…and pure hate…I didn’t want to scare you…but John was right for telling Dean what he did. You need to stop me before I hurt anyone else…Dean’s going to have to do the same thing for Sam…”

“No. No, Brittney. There’s a way out of this…”

“This is the way out of it”

“No. No it isn’t…I’ve tried so hard to just keep you out of trouble and keep you safe…”

“I know”

“I wont do it. I rather shoot myself” I said, shoving it back into her hands and I went to open the door.

I opened it to see Sam hit Dean over the head with a gun and my eyes widened but then I felt Brittney grip the back of my head with her hand and throw me to the side and I felt the door knob collide with my head…but then I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333