Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Really Screwed

I don’t know how long it was until I started to come to…but I was still exhausted and we were on the road so I guessed we were heading back to Sam and Brit. I was about to let myself fall back asleep but I heard Dean on the phone.

“Yeah….what do you think?…No, no, she deserves to die a dozen times over but I couldn’t do it…Aiden was there too, son of a bitch lied about knowing where Bela was, guess we should’ve figured that one…I’m really screwed Sammy. You were right, I mean Bela was a goose chase. The Colts gone. And this time I’m really screwed Sam…” he said and I felt my insides ach again…maybe I was hungry….

“You okay? Was he there?” he asked and I tried to listen more carefully but I was still groggy.

“Did you kill him?…What do you mean, no?…what, the live forever formula?…Great, let me guess. I…gotta drink blood out of a baby’s skull?…Wait, wait, wait, what, what are you saying? You think?…Okay, so this formula…Sam? Sammy?” Dean said and I heard his voice became urgent.

I started to sit up and I looked at him. “Something’s wrong” was all he said.

~~~

We managed to get to the run down shack that Brit and Sam were being hostages in. We rushed downstairs, quietly, having a plan in mind and saw Sam and Brit strapped to two tables and the disgusting-looking guy who only had stitches keeping him together was about to…cut Sam’s eyeball out? Whatever…we didn’t ask questions, we just started shooting at the guy. But, when he stood straight, there were only holes in his chest…he wasn’t fazed by the shots.

“Shoot all you want” he said and Dean fired twice more as he started walking toward us.

He still wasn’t phased…instead, he threw us both in opposite directions and I flew into shelves. As I hit the ground, they came falling on top of me.

The creepy stitched-up guy walked toward Dean to grab him again but I saw him swing a knife into the doctor’s chest. “A knife? What part of immortality do you not understand? Pity about the heart though. It was a brand-new one”

“Good. Should be pumping nice and strong. Sending this stuff throughout you whole body” Dean said, standing up as he held up the Chloroform bottle.

I watched as the doctor began to groan and sway…and then he fell to the floor. Dean rushed to help me up and then we rushed to untie Brit and Sam and I hugged Brit tight. Then, Dean got the doctor strapped to the table Sam was on and after we filled them both in on what went down with Bela and Aiden and what’s going to happen to them, the doctor began to wake up.

“Hey there doc. Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey” Dean said.

“Please…” he started.

“Please what? You’ve been killing poor bastards for over 150 years and now you’ve got a request? Shut up”

“You don’t understand, I can help you. I know what you need”

“Might have to cut him up into little bits. You know this immortality thing is a bitch”

“I can read the formula for you. You know, immortality, forever young, never die”

“Dean” Sam spoke.

“Sam” Dean countered.

Then, they walked away from the table to talk. “Brit?” I said, gesturing over to them with my head. “Mel” she replied, nodding and we walked over to the boys.

“…I mean, we’re talking Hell in 3 weeks, or needing a new pancreas in like, half a century” Sam said.

“Yeah, well, you can’t exactly get those at a Quickie Mart”

“It’s not perfect, but it buys us more time to think of something better. We just need time Dean. I mean please, just…just think about it” Sam pleaded.

Dean was silent…I could tell he was struggling internally. I knew he knew the right thing to do…but, he looked at me. “What do you think?” he asked me.

“Dean…” I shook my head. “You know what I would do…you know what I think you should do…” I said but stopped myself.

I didn’t want him to live a life like that…like this freak job over there…if he were to do it…I would do it with him in a heart beat…but it wasn’t right. Dean looked back at Sam. “No” he said.

“Dean, don’t you want to live?”

“What he is, isn’t living. Look, this is simple”

“Simple?”

“To me it is okay. Black or white, human, not human” he walked back over to the doctor and I noticed Sam give me a look I did not like…but I ignored it as we followed Dean.

“You see what the doc is... he’s a freaking monster. I can’t do it. I would rather go to hell” he said.

“You don’t understand, I can help you” the doc tried.

But, then Brit handed Dean the chloroform and I saw Sam shake his head at her. Dean poured some into a cloth and covered the doctor’s nose and mouth with it. He started to struggle and groan.

“Now, I’m gonna take care of him. You can either help me or not. It’s up to you” Dean said to Sam…and then the doctor passed out.

~~

We got the body into one of his empty, rusted out refrigerator, wrapped some chains around it and got it to a cemetery. We all dug a deep enough grave for it and then the guys got it in there “No, no! Don’t be stupid. I can help you. No!” I heard the doc plead as the boys got back up to us.

“Enjoy forever in there doc” Dean said.

“I can save you! Let me out. Let me out. Let me out. No. I can save you. No, no, don’t. Don’t!” he pleaded.

We all started to shovel the dirt back into the gave, covering up the refrigerator as he continued to plead and beg for us to stop…but we didn’t. We kept shoveling the dirt onto the immortal fool.

Once we finished, we head back to the car and the truck and Sam got to my side as Brit and Dean were a little ahead. “Sam…”

“Why didn’t you tell him to do it? Do you really want him to die?” he asked me and I stopped walking to face him.

“No, of course I don’t, but, it wouldn’t be right if he lived that way either…”

“If you just told him to do it, he would’ve. He actually really does value your opinion”

“Sammy, you aren’t hearing me…”

“Yes! I am! I just don’t understand why you couldn’t just tell him to take the damn formula” he raised his voice.

“Because Sam! It wouldn’t have been right!” I raised my voice as well.

“Hey! Sam stop it” Dean intervened as him and Brit came back over to us. “Yea, it’s over and done with, Sam, lets just go” she tried.

He glanced at her and I saw the vulnerability he was feeling just by looking at Brit. Without another word, he took Brit’s hand and they kept walking. Then, Dean put his arm around my shoulders.

“He’s going to blame me if you go to Hell” I sighed.

“No he wont…he’ll get over it in a few hours, just let him cool off”

I just nodded…but it didn’t change what I felt…I really did feel like Sam was going to blame me if he doesn’t already…who knows, maybe it is my fault…I guess it kind of is…Dean did deal off his soul for me to be alive…me and Sam…so couldn’t it be his fault too?

~~

Brit and I were in the truck and Sam and Dean were in the Impala leaving the motel we were just at. “So…he actually asked you if you would marry him?” Brit asked.

“Yep…he actually asked if I would marry him”

“And you said yes” she stated.

“I did” I nodded. Then, I paused. “Brit…I threw up today…I’m in too deep…” I said and I knew she knew what I was talking about.

But, before she could respond, my phone started to ring. I saw it was Dean as I answered it. “Ready?” he asked me.

“Yea, hold on”

Then, I put him on speaker phone as Brit was eyeing me and I hit a few buttons and started to dial the number of our old motel’s room. “Still there?” I asked. “Yea” Dean replied. Then phone rang once…twice…and then it stopped ringing but I heard quiet breath.

“Hiya Bela. Aiden. Here’s a fun fact that you may not know. I felt your hand in my pocket when you swiped that motel receipt” Dean said.

“You don’t understand…” Bela started.

“Oh, I’m pretty sure we understand perfectly. Cause you see, we noticed something interesting in your hotel room…something tucked above the door. A herb. Devil’s shoestring? There’s only one use for that” I stated, smugly.

“Holding Hellhounds at bay. So you know what I did, I went back and took another look at your folk’s obit” Dean added. “Turns out, they died 10 years ago today”

“You and Aiden didn’t kill them. A demon did your dirty work…you made a deal, didn’t you guys…and it’s come due” I said.

“Is that why you stole the Colt, huh? Try to wiggle out of the deal? Our gun for your souls?” Dean asked. “Yes” Bela said and I could hear her get choked up slightly and I knew tears were on her face.

“But stealing the Colt wasn’t quite enough, I’m guessing” I assumed.

“They changed the deal. They wanted us to kill Sam and Brittney” Aiden spoke up.

“Huh. Wow. Demon’s being untrustworthy? Shocker…it’s kind of a tight deadline too” I stated. “Uh, what time is it?” Dean asked, playing along with what I was getting at.

“I’d say it’s almost midnight” I said, looking at the green light up numbers on the truck’s radio saying 11:58.

Bela started to openly cry and I heard Aiden slightly as well. “Dean…Melissa…listen, we need help” she said.

“Sweetheart, we are weeks past help” Dean said.

“We know that we don’t deserve it” Aiden said.

“You’re right, you don’t, but, ya know what really sucks? If you two would have just come to us sooner and asked for our help, we probably could have taken the colt and saved you both” I said.

“I know, and saved Dean…we know about your deal, Dean” Bela said.

“And who told you that?” Dean asked trying to hide his shock.

“The demon that holds it. She holds ours too. She says she holds every deal” Aiden said. “She?” I questioned.

“Her name’s Lilith” they both said and I felt my stomach do flips.

“Lilith? Why should we believe you?” Dean asked and Brit shot me a wide-eyed, panicked look but I ignored her.

“You shouldn’t, but it’s the truth” Aiden said.

“This can’t help either of you. Not now. Why are you telling us this?”

“Because just maybe you can kill the bitch” Bela said with venom.

There was silence for a short moment. “I’ll see you in hell” Dean said and then hung up.

“…you should’ve just told us…” I murmured.

“I know…we know…” Bela sobbed and I heard footsteps pacing in the background. I guessed it was Aiden.

“Goodbye Bela” I murmured. “Bye Melissa” she replied.

“Bye Aiden” Brit voiced quietly. “Bye girls” we heard him sob.

“Melissa…be careful…Lilith is after you too” Bela said.

“I know she is…” I murmured and then I saw it turn midnight. “Bela…” But the line went dead.

I held my phone in my hand and cringed as it turned 12:01.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333