Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Marriage and The Date Part 1

We got to our new motel and I collapsed on one of the beds as Brit collapsed beside me. Sam and Dean got us all some beers and they sat down in chairs in front of the bed, facing us. I supported myself up on my elbows so I could drink some. We all stayed silent.

“What if I said I got a marriage certificate, forged Sam and Brittney’s signatures and all we had to do was get a judge to sign it and you two would be officially married” Dean said suddenly and I almost choked on my beer as Brit and I sat up completely.

Brit’s jaw dropped…and Sam couldn’t hold his beer in like I did. It came out of his mouth, spitting it all over Brit as I moved to the side slightly to miss the flying liquid. “That was a nice wedding present” Dean chuckled.

“You did what?!” Sam and Brit yelled at him.

“Dean…I thought you were kidding” I said.

“I lied” he shrugged.

“You did what?!” they repeated.

Dean got up and walked into the kitchen. “Look…I only have three weeks left and you guys are going to be together forever…” he said and brought back some paper towels, handing them to Brit so she could dry herself a little.

“I wont be there for the wedding…I want to be. I want to be the best man…you two can even get annulled or divorced or whatever after I’m gone…but for now…while I’m still here…” he said, shrugging with hope.

He was really serious. I smiled a little at how crazy he is…but I would’ve wanted the same thing if I was in his position.

Dean pulled out the paperwork from his duffle bag and handed it to Brit. Sam came over to the bed to sit beside her and I stood up so Brit would make room for him. I stood behind them, on the bed and looked at the writing over their shoulders as Dean was just smiling. As a smile crept onto my face, I looked at him in such disbelief. Sam and Brit looked up at him and then looked at each other.

“I uhh…I have thought about this…so many times…I’ve thought about asking you in so many different ways and I’ve said different things but I was always smoother than this…I do love you Brit and I don’t have a ring obviously but…” Sam started to babble and I rolled my eyes at him

“Dude!” Dean and I both yelled so he would shut up. Brit giggled. “Brit, will you marry my idiot of a brother?” Dean asked for Sam who was now glaring at Dean.

She nodded and pulled his face to hers and kissed him. I laughed, hopping off the bed…and then I punched Dean in the arm. “What was that for?” he laughed.

“For saying you were kidding when you really weren’t!” I said but I couldn’t keep a straight face. I really couldn’t believe he did this.

The next morning, Sam and Brit got some simple wedding bands, Dean went to find a judge to sign the certificate and I managed to scheduel a time at the city hall nearby last minute. Brit wore her beige dress and I wore a skirt just for her. Dean and Sam wore tuxedoes and of course I was maid of honor and Dean was best man. We got to the city hall and the guy began to talk. I stared at Brit and Sam, smiling. Then, I looked at Dean, seeing him grin and I just shook my head at him.

By noon, Sam and Brit sealed it with a kiss and we all exited the place. “Hey, hey, it’s traditional to carry the bride” Dean said and in an instant, Brit squealed and giggled as Sam lifted her off the ground with ease.

I smiled at them as they kissed. Then, I saw Dean eyeing me and wiggling his eyebrows. “Don’t even” I said, sternly.

“Oh come on, you know you want to be carried”

“No, I don’t”

“You’ve never wanted someone to carry you before so you wouldn’t have to walk?”

“Sure, I have…who hasn’t?”

“Well then?” he held his arms open.

“Fine…but we’re doing it my way” I said, smirking.

So, then as we kept walking, I jumped onto his back and he wrapped his arms under my legs. “Carry on my wayward son” I whispered in his ear and he smiled.

~

As I let Sam and Brit take the truck, I went with Dean in the Impala and we all got back to the motel and changed out of our clothes into something we were all more comfortable in. Then, Sam and Brit walked into the other room and shut the door. I shook my head and went to the fridge to get a beer but Dean came up behind me, pressing his front against my back.

“Wanna get out of here?” he whispered.

“And go where?” I asked him.

“I don’t know…on a date?” he suggested.

I turned to face him to see his face. “A date? Dean, I don’t do dates” I laughed.

“Why not?”

“Because I just don’t…it’s not me and it’s definitely not you”

“Who says?” he asked with a ‘hurt’ look. I just kept staring at him. “Come on, Sam’s been helping me plan the perfect date for me and you”

“The perfect date huh” I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded. “Come on…you deserve something today too…besides, do you really want to hear Sam and Brit going at it?” he asked me.

I made a face. “Okay, lets go” I said, grabbing his hand and led him out of the motel as he laughed.

We got to the Impala, got in and Dean started to drive. “So, where are we going?” I asked.

“Sam said I shouldn’t tell you” he said and I laughed.

“Alright…” I said and just sat back.

“But, you have to promise you wont stress about me, about Sam and Brit, about anything…today is just a normal day not involving anything supernatural. We’re just a couple going out on a date” he said.

“Okay, I promise” I nodded. He nodded as well. I took a deep breath and let it out. Today was not a supernatural day. It was just me and Dean…nothing else.

We pulled up to a really fancy-looking restaurant. “Dean, there is no way we can afford this place even if we put our money together” I said.

“That’s why we’re leaving after the bread sticks” he grinned and I laughed. “I said this was going to be the perfect date for you and me so what kind of date would it be if we didn’t throw our own twists into it” he said and I grinned as we got out of the car.

Then, he looked at me over the hood of the car. “But uhh just don’t tell Sam” he added.

Then he came around to me and I hooked my arm around his and we walked inside. Dean put on the charm as we walked to the hosts stand. “Hi there, reservation for Mr. and Mrs. Vandyke” he said and I just smiled.

“Right this way, sir” the girl said and we followed her to a table and we sat down facing each other.

“So…what did Sam suggest next?” I asked.

“Well…he said I should start conversation…” he started but stopped.

He seemed like he wanted to say something…ask me something…but he was trying to find the words. I waited patiently.

“Before…the accident…” he started, analyzing my reaction but I just nodded, waiting for him to continue. “What were you doing? Like, were you hunting with your dad? All I know is that you went to Julliard” he snickered a little and I glared at him.

“After I graduated from high school, I spent some time hunting with him…but my mom had this dream for me. She wanted me to go to Julliard in New York…at the time I wasn’t really sure what else I wanted to do so I just went to make her happy…but it was hard being so far away from Brit…so after a while, I applied to a community college near where Brit was going so she could become a doctor and a lawyer” I said and raised my eyebrows, giving him a pointed look

“So, Brit and Sam really are meant to be” he said.

“Yea…”

“She wanted to be both?”

“Yea, she wanted the feeling of saving lives and helping others…she was always an over achiever”

“What were you majoring in when you left New York?” he asked.

I was kind of shocked by how well he was keeping the conversation going. I mean, our relationship hasn’t just been physical this whole time but it was a big part…and yea, we have had some full-on conversations before but this time was just different.

“I was majoring in journalism” I said, a bit embarrassed.

He just smiled a broad smile and nodded. “I would have never guessed…how did your mom take it?”

“She was fine I guess…I think she felt left out because I’m all my dad and I’ve never been like her…that’s why I went to Julliard to at least try…but it just didn’t work out…Lindsey was the one who went to Julliard…she had a lot of potential” I nodded, looking down, reminiscing.

“She was never in the hunting business…and I was more than just grateful for that”

“…I never wanted Sammy to live this life…I knew he would always be the one to live that normal life…”

“But things change…” I finished for him.

“Yea” he laughed to himself.

“Yea…I never wanted to bring Brit into the hunting stuff…it was bad enough that she just knew about it…but things don’t turn out the way we want them to”

“That’s an understatement” he commented and I laughed under my breath, agreeing with him.

The bread sticks came and I smirked at Dean as he smirked back at me. It was like we were being dirty without words and gestures…we were just using our eyes. “Brit said I should tell you when I first fell in love with you” he said and I started laughing hard.

“Oh God, Dean, you don’t have to…” I started as we both started to eat the bread sticks.

“It was when we first fought along side each other when we first met…those weird werewolf things that could change us with just a touch…never seen anything like it before and…I was so turned on by you kicking ass” he said and I smirked.

“And then you just had me when I found out you owned cassettes” he added and I laughed.

Then, I smirked again and leaned forward slightly. “Ya know…I kick ass at checkers too…while listening to Bon Jovi” I said seductively and he laughed…then so did I.

“What do you say we leave here, grab some tacos and get a checkered board” he said and I grinned. “Lets do it” I nodded.

“I have to go to the bathroom” I winked and stood up.

I walked to the back of the restaurant and went out the back exit and as I paced around a little bit, smiling to myself, waiting for Dean…I heard footsteps.

It wasn’t Dean’s presence I felt though…but, I still turned around expecting to see Dean…and I just saw some creepy ass biker guys. “Hey, girlie, what are you doing out here?” one said.

“Waiting for my boyfriend” I smiled smugly and sarcastically.

“He left you all alone? That’s no way to treat a lady”

“And you know how to treat a lady” I assumed…still sarcastic.

“Sweetheart, I know how to treat a lady” he said suggestively as his friends hollered, whistled and agreed with this guy.

“Hmm come here, let me tell you something that I know…” I said, getting close to him. “Don’t call me sweetheart” I whispered and then punched him right in the gut. “Dickhead!” I spat and pushed him over.

He didn’t fall though…he just got mad. “This one’s got spunk and got a mouth”

I turned to walk away with my hands in my pockets. But, I felt my arm being grabbed. I spun around and raised my eyebrows at this guy. “I really think you should let go” I said.

“Oh do you really?”

“Yea, I do. Because I’d like to leave before your ugliness rubs off on me”

“You’re really askin for it aren’t ya” he spat as he gripped my arm tighter.

“Do we have a problem here?” a voice asked and I felt so relieved to see it was Dean. “I kind of have a problem with this whole scene. I don’t like it” he said, giving a smug, sarcastic smile.

“Now, take your hands of my girlfriend” he demanded.

“Not before I give this girls mouth a good beating, make her learn how to respect us men” he gripped my arm tighter.

“You see...that girls mouth belongs to me so if you don’t let go of her we’re gonna have an even bigger problem” he chuckled.

“And what’s the little guy gonna do about it?” he questioned as he got in Dean’s face but towered over him and I felt his grip loosen.

“Be the distraction” he smirked.

So, then I jumped, wrapping my arm around the guys neck and pulling him down to the ground, pinning him down and then I punched him. Then, Dean started taking on some of his goons. I punched the ‘leader’ twice more times and then gripped onto his shirt.

“Only he can call me sweetheart” I hissed and punched him again.

Then, I jumped up and helped Dean knock some of the goons out. Then, Dean grabbed my hand and started pulling me back to the front of the restaurant. We were both grinning as I glanced over my shoulder to see some of the goons getting up to chase after us. I started to laugh as we got in the Impala and Dean took off out of the parking lot. We were both laughing by now.

“Well, that was fun” I sighed.

He just grinned at me and then put on the radio and he put on a specific song as my eyes widened just slightly. He was still smiling. “Dean, this isn’t funny” I said, seriously.

“Come on, Mel. It’s just a song”

“Well I don’t like this song” I mumbled.

“Don’t lie. I know you love this song” he said, putting it louder.

I crossed my arms as Highway To Hell by ACDC came blasting through the speakers. Dean started blurting out the words

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride


“Come on Mel, I know you know the words” he encouraged.

“No, Dean, I don’t want to…”

“Oh come on, don’t be such a bitch” he joked.

“Dick” I muttered.

“Oh, look, here comes the chorus” he said, making it even louder. “I know you want to”

“No, Dean I…

“Ready, it’s coming”

“Dean!”

“Here we go now…”

Then…as if he brainwashed me…I started blurting out the words with him.

Im on the highway to hell
On the highway to hell
Highway to hell
I’m on the highway to hell


“Take it away! Come on!” he urged, bobbing his head and tapping his hands to the beat on his steering wheel. I kept yelling out the words.

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobodys gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobodys gonna mess me round


Then, I stopped and he took over.

Hey Satan, paid my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey momma, look at me
Im on my way to the promised land

OWWW
{we both yelled}

We both continued to just sing lousily.

Im on the highway to hell
highway to hell
im on the highway to hell
highway to hell
ohhhhh


I just started laughing and shaking my head at him, tapping my fingers on the dashboard as I leaned back in my seat. I don’t think it was a very…appropriate song for the moment…but it was true…Dean was on the highway to Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333