Status: Complete.

Diamonds and Why Men Buy Them

Coffee Break

Image

“Bring me back something!” Mike shouts as I close the door to my house.

I decided that since the guys were going to pull an all-nighter at my house to get some writing done that I’d run to Starbucks and get caffeine so I don’t fall asleep. It’s been a week since the night at Soma and sometimes I’d still see Angel in my dreams, whether it’s a repeat of that night or a cameo, she’s there. I can’t get her out of my head. She’s that constant staple, my favorite fix and my next fix is overdue.

The parking lot is empty except for the one employee’s car. I park near the door, leaving my car to head inside. A teenage boy is leaning against the counter texting.

“Hey, what can I get you?” He asks, sliding his phone in his pocket.

I don’t even so much glance at the menu. “An iced quad venti vanilla latte and this,” I say as I set a double shot energy coffee drink on the counter.

After paying for the overly priced drinks I walk back to the car, seeing Angel leaning against the driver’s side door.

“Angel? Hey. Where did you go last week?”

She smirks, stepping away from the car door so eloquently it’s almost a dance. “I was…places.”

I open the car door, leaning in to place the drinks in the cup holders before turning towards her. “Listen, do you want to go for a drive?” I ask slowly as I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck.

A smile stretches across her lips. She nods, walking forward and kisses my cheek before hopping in shot gun.

I notice a black cord around her neck with a sliver medallion attached to it. On the medallion a crescent moon bordered one side of a pentagram.

“It’s a Pagan star and no I don’t worship Satan.” She fingers the medallion and pauses briefly before beginning, “If I did the star would most likely be upside down. Mine’s right side up meaning I either thought it was pretty or I’m Pagan…and I am, Neo Pagan, well Wiccan if you want to get technical.” She this says with no trouble at all, like she just tells people this all the time.

I barely even got the car going anywhere and I’m already pulling it over on a dead end street. “Is that how you can read my mind?” I ask as I turn to face her.

She laughs. “No sweetie, I don’t read your mind, I simply have a very open mind. I take things in, observe people, and see what makes them tick. It’s all about body language and you,” She says as she pins her finger to my chest, “Are very easy to read.”

I swallow, looking her dead in the eyes before asking, “What am I thinking now?”

Her nose scrunches as she pretends to think about the answer and a wicked grin spreads across her lips. “You want to kiss me. Your eyes betrayed you.”

Damn, I thought I got her. I duck my head looking at my hands embarrassed I even thought about kissing her. I have to be careful around her or I could embarrass myself more.

“You can,” She says as she hooks a finger under my chin, leveling our eyes.

I think about it for a second then decide to take the opportunity to place my hand behind her neck, gently pulling her forward as I lean towards her. Our lips touch in a small kiss, hovering close once I pull back slightly. Instantly I want more, more of her than just a kiss that doesn’t seem to satisfy me.

Angel lightly pushes me back before our lips touch again so she has room to crawl to the backseat. She beckons me with her finger and a seductive smile.

I comply, pulling her petite frame against my body, kissing her deeply and when I pull away from the kiss my mind flashes to last week, seeing her walk towards me saying foreign words.

“What were you saying the first time I saw you? What language was that?” I ask in a whisper since our faces are merely inches apart.

She freezes, taken off guard by my question. Shit. I ruined this. “It was nothing. I was just speaking in Latin.”

I lean back, confused. “I thought that was a dead language.”

“It is. I lived near Vatican City where a few people still speak it.”

“You’re a witch and you lived near Catholics?” I’m beyond confused.

She sighs with a roll of her eyes. “Yes, our Coven was about to be undermined so my family move here. I prefer Wiccan to witch, it doesn’t sound like bitch.”

“Oh,” Is all I say because I took the hint that she doesn’t want to talk about it. So I lean in kissing her again to distract us from another awkward conversation. Besides I don’t want this to drift too far away from sex.

“You know, you never bother me the way he did…my ex.”

I smile, not really knowing what she meant by this but taking it as a compliment. At least I don’t bother her, that’s good.

“I love your smile,” She breathes against my lips before pressing them to mine.

We kiss, push and pull each other, heating our little make out session until clothes are too much of a barrier between us and causing us to use the backseat as a bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
2/5 is up!
Exciting! Now after a long day at school and work off to the mexican restaurant.
twitter.com/ptvlacey
Comment/subscribe.

Title credit: Forever the Sickest Kids