Status: Sooner or later, going to update slowly. Not good at this fan-fic stuff. ^^ <3 Sorry!

A Deal's a Deal...

If Today Was Your Last Day

A's POV

I groaned in annoyance, hearing my phone go off somewhere in the floor. I had forgotten to turn my alarm, but I was to lazy to get up and turn it off. I yawned, stretching my arms above my head to try and wake up with my painful headache. I woke up earlier around 8 this morning and called up Bri and Jay to see if they we’re up but no one answered so I just fell back asleep. Now it’s 10:00 so I guess it’s time to get up.

I felt Matt’s arm tighten around my waist as he groaned from my phone waking him as well. It finally shut off giving me a 20 minute snooze. I brought my arms back down and smiled over at Matt’s sleepy face. He placed his lips on my shoulder lightly and my stomach leaped in joy. I giggled as his fingers moved over the shown skin on my lower stomach from my tank top rising up. He smiled as well and finally opened his tired eyes. I shifted forward into his body so I could be face to face with him.

“Morning.” I said before placing a sweet kiss on his soft lips. He pushed his lips harder against mine while gripping my hips, placing me on top of him now. I smirked and let go of our kiss. He rubbed circles into my hips softly as my shirt ridded up more showing off my curvy stomach. “Morning gorgeous.” he said as I laid my head down on his chest, his arms around me, tracing up and down my spine with his fingers.

We sat in silence before he chuckled randomly. I looked up and saw him smirking. “What are you laughing at?” I said in confusion. “Just remembering you drinking Bri and I under ther table last night…again.” I smirked at his comment and winked. “You still love me though.” I said smiling innocently. He chuckled and sat up on his elbows and kissed me. “I do love you.” The smile never left my face as I kissed him again.

We decided to jump in the shower before we called anyone to see about plans for the day. I walked through the bathroom door into Matt’s bedroom, drying my now wet hair with a purple towel. I heard Matt’s phone going off on the bedside table and walked over to get it.

I saw “Syn” light up on his phone screen, wondering what he needed or if he was calling to check in from my earlier call. I grabbed the phone and hit ‘talk’, “Hello?” I asked as I heard Brian quietly beathing. “A?” he asked, stuttering lightly. “Yeah. What’s wrong Bri? You sound like you’ve been crying.” I said genuinely concerned with my best friend, but I added a small giggle to tease him about his crying. Matt walked through the door and set on the bed, pulling me down on his lap.

“A…I’m so sorry! I should have went with her this morning! I can’t lose her! Anna! I’m so sorry! I’m….I need help. I need you right now!” I heard him jumble his words together in panic. “Bri! Brian! Babe! Breathe for me okay? Where are you?” I asked him, fully concerned now. He needed my help right now and I had to be there for him. “I’m at the hospital.” I heard him say sobbing again. “Why?” I asked, assuming he was the one hurt, but I was wrong. I dropped the phone from my ear as I heard him say her name. “Jaylens….been in a wreck…” He said silently and terrified. Matt was trying to get me out of my blank stare, shaking me lightly.

“Anna! Hey! What’s wrong?” I could feel tears pouring down my cheeks full on now. I couldn’t breathe or move. Matt sat me down on the bed and retrieved his phone. “Hey.” I heard him say. Once his face turned white, I knew he knew what I did as well. He hung up and dragged me to the car. We speeded the whole way there as I still tried to calm down. How could this happen?

Brian’s POV

I sat there in the hallway outside of the room they took her in and dragged me out earlier. No one would tell me anything. The last thing I saw of my most precious gift was a small line going flat across a screen. I was trying hard to hold back tears now since Matt and A were on there way. It’s not that I was ashamed, I just wanted her to be okay so I figured the best way would be to think positive.

I looked down at the ground, hiding my face from the world. I saw a pair of feet stop in front of me and I saw the blue A written on the chuck I wrote on my best friends shoe. I started to breakdown all over again as I looked up into A’s tear streaked face. She was sobbing and pouting over the news I told her. I finally gave in and called her. I couldn’t do this alone like I thought.

“Bri…” She croaked and I shook my head because I didn’t know anything. That killed the both of us. She fell to her knee’s and made her way into my arms. I shook with my sobs and hers as she sat in my lap, holding my wait as I held her around her waist. I rocked us back and forth. “Anna. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry…” I said over and over again as she held my face against her chest, petting my head softly, whispering that everything would be fine.

After a 10 minute breakdown, we both seemed to calm down. She grabbed my face and made me look straight in her eyes. “Brian. What happened to her?” She asked quietly, sniffling slightly. I stared at her puffy eyes, her pale face, the dark make up around her eyes running down her cheeks. “The...uh, the ambulance guys told me that she was hit from the back into an intersection.” I looked away from her face to tell her the rest because I would see my reflection in her already glassy eyes, and I couldn’t stand to look at myself right now.

“She got hit head on by another car that couldn’t slow down in time. Then…a mother and her…two kids. They’re dead. The only ones who made it out was Jay, and the first two cars to hit her. Jay just got the bad deal out of it.” I said sadly, wishing she was one of the people to make it out with a few scratches though it was selfish. I shook my head and looked back up to see A’s eyes watering again.

“A, all I can think about is seeing her lay there lifeless…like the mom of those two kids.” I took a deep shaky breath and closed my eyes, laying my head back against the wall. “I keep seeing a picture of the mom. She hit hit Jay’s door in and she ended up not making it. Once I saw her face, I knew she was gone.” I put my hand on my stomach, feeling the vile try to rise up my throat like it did earlier though I’m sure had no contents left in my stomach.

“She looked horrible when they brought her in. Rushing her away from me and all I wanted to do was hold her, get her to wake up and look at me. Tell me she was going to be fine. A, I just want her to be fine. Tell me Jay’s going to be fine. The last thing I saw was a flat line…when they carried me out.” I said, opening my eyes to see A’s tear streaked face leaking again. I sighed and her to my chest now.

I rocked her back and forth as she tried speaking. “I can’t…lose her…Bri. She can’t…leave us. I won’t…make it.” She said in between sobs, trying to control her breathing on her own. I took a deep breath knowing exactly how she felt. I kissed the side of her head as she let her tears soak my shirt. We were both to close of losing the one person who keeps us sane on a daily basis. We bother love her like hell and couldn’t imagine life without her. If today were her last day, I might just die with her.

Once A calmed down again, getting her breathing to match mine to lower her nerves from a panic attack. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up with me. “Where’s Matt?” I asked as she tried to straighten herself out. “Out in the waiting room.” She said and started walking with me following behind.

“Anna! Bri! Please tell me you guys know something!?” Matt asking, spotting us from around the corner. A automatically went in his arms and I sat down in a seat since the room was empty except for a man on the other side. He was obviously as shaken as we were. Matt sat beside me with A in the seat next to him, leaning over on his shoulder as he gently rubbed her hand. “I’m sorry….” I said once again and probably not the last.

All I could do was think about how I was the blame. Why shouldn’t I be the blame? If I would have woken up then she wouldn’t have gone. She might have not went alone and it may have never happened. Those kids and there mom wouldn’t have had to end there lives. Nothing would have happened. None of this would be real and this would all just be a sick joke. A Nightmare….

I was broke from my constant nagging to myself. “Brian, it’s not your fault.” Matt said sadly. I looked over to see A staring at me. It broke my heart that I caused one of my best friends this much pain. “It is my fault. If I would have got up this morning when she did, she might have never went! And then if she did at least she wouldn’t be alone! I should have been the one in there! Her screams are echoing in my head when I called her. They won’t go away! I should be in there! Not her!” I yelled out in frustration of people trying to tell me it wasn’t my fault. It was! It was no one else’s, but my own.

A stood up and I suddenly felt her hand slap across my right cheek. It took me a minute to realize what happened. I looked up at her in shock and then looked away from her eyes. All I saw was me in her eyes and I couldn’t take it. “Dammit, Brian. You didn’t do anything! You shouldn’t have done anything either because if you would have been in that car, you would be in there with her! I would have two of my best fucking friends in here close to there last breath! So don’t you dare ever say that you want to cause me that much more pain or so help me God.” She said in anger, tears sliding down her now pink cheeks from the anger rising to her head. She sat back down in Matt’s lap and he held her while she tried to calm her nerves.

I looked down at the floor to avoid from looking at her or Matt. I was selfish and I hated it, but it’s what I wanted. I would switch places with Jaylen in a heartbeat. Just to know she was okay, I would be okay. I saw a small movement on my arm rest as I looked over and saw A’s open palm laying on it. I looked at her and gave the smallest smile I could form. I grabbed her hand and squeezed lightly.

“I love you Bri. I can’t afford to lose any of you.” A said, looking at Matt, squeezing my hand back. I nodded before resting my head back against the cold wall. This was going to be a long day. I looked at my phone and saw it read 4 pm already. The whole day has practically went by and no word on how she was doing. My patience was slowly thinning and could definitely be the death of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated finally...for in like forever! Sorry!!!
Between work, school, and sleep...I don't really get to do much! ;D
I've had this written out for a week though, I just haven't been able to post!
And I'm so fucking excited about the Nightmare After Christmas tour!
I'm going to it on January 25th! Already got tickets, outfits picked...!
Gonna make a sign, a doll to throw on stage, did I mention we're in the pit? ;DDD
Enjoyyy! Might have a second post by Thursday....hopefully. Maybe tonight...I dunno. :))
Title belongs to Nickelback! ;D <33

-Katiekinz
XoxoX!