Status: In Progress

Reduced To Nothing

3; Alive

Caris and Hayden walked together, hand in hand to science. There was no conversation, just a comfortable silence between them. When Hayden and Caris walked past James Jackson, he stared jealously at they're hands locked together. It was no secret that James was hot for Caris, for as long as the beginning of year seven, when he first met her. The tension that had sprung up between Hayden and James was horrible. They had been best friends before Caris, and although it was a lot more awkward than before, they still were trying. Hayden shoulder barged James, and grinned at him. James shoved him back and laughed.
"Hey Caris." James said through his laugher. Caris blinked innocently at James.
"Hi James." The three headed towards science together. When they got to the Labs, Madison came crashing into Caris side, and leant to her ear.
"Fucking Alyse and her bloody sister. Constance. She was hanging around Andrew all freakin' recess and I am honestly swearing to God, if she doesn't back off, I will hit her." She hissed. Caris frowned. She didn't think Madison was exaggerating at all about hitting Alyse, and she knew that Alyse wouldn't be going anywhere either. "That skank. Boyfriend stealing might have been alright at her last school, but I swear, not here." Madison growled, eying Alyse, her lips curled over her teeth.
"Maddy. Maddy, breathe. It's just a girl. Talk to Andrew, he gets it. He's not going to slip away." Caris held Madison by the arms, looking her in the eyes. "Andrew is a sweet guy. cares about you." Madison sucked her cheeks in, and rolled her eyes, tipping her head side to side.
"Arrghhh." Madison sighed. Caris mimicked her, laughing happily.
Caris walked into the science lab and sat at one of the benches. Hayden and James came and sat next to her, Madison and Andrew behind them. Caris watched Alyse sweep up the aisle and sit herself down next to Andrew. Caris then watched Madison's lips go into a perfect 'O' shape, then saw her face into an expression of pure and utter fury.
"MADISON!" Caris yelled out and her best friend opened her mouth, about to let loose on a rant at the new girl.
"What Caris?" Madison spat back at her, her eyes blazing.
"You know what? Maybe we should have four on this bench." Caris smiled sweetly at Madison, her eyes flickering to Alyse.
"Oh, Hell no! There is no way I am leaving this chick alone with my boyfriend!" Madison growled at Caris, her face openly hostile.
"Oh sorry, was I sitting in the wrong seat or something?" Alyse put in, her eyes blinking innocently.
"Yes, actually -" Madison began.
"Yeah, you kind of are. Why don't you go an sit with Ella instead, hmm?" Caris cut Madison off, smiling, feigning sweetness.
"Oh, sure." Alyse said flatly. She stood and walked over to Ella's bench.
"Seriously, was that necessary? You girls are real bitches. She just wants some friends!" Andrew said to Caris and Madison. Madison threw her hands up in the air and hissed.
"No, Andrew. If she wanted some friends then she would have made friends with the GIRLS in this class too. Not just you and Hayden." Caris said, baring her teeth at Andrew.
"She's friends with Ella too..." Andrew said softly.
"Oh God, sorry! How the hell did I forget Ella? Christ Almighty Andrew!" Caris said to him, and turned back around in her seat. She closed her eyes in annoyance. Hayden put his hand on top of Caris's and she leant her head against his shoulder.
"This girl is going to cause nothing but trouble." Caris whispered to Hayden. He took his hand off hers and put his arm around her shoulder.
Just before the end of the period, Caris was packing her stuff up, a sour look on her face. Caris didn't really have anything to worry about, but she was mad for Madison. Madison was crazy for Andrew, and Caris knew that up until now Andrew basically kissed the ground that Madison walked on too.
"So Caris. What are you doing this afternoon? Do you want to come out with me? I'll buy you an ice-cream?" Hayden asked her, smiling. Caris tipped her head and laughed.
"I wish Hayden. I can't though. My cousin's are coming over to mine."
"Your cousins?" Hayden replied.
"Yeah. Samantha and Kylie." Caris said fondly, thinking of her two favourite older cousins.
Sam was seventeen, tall with fair hair and skin, with shining dark aqua eyes. Kylie was sixteen, a lot shorter than her sister, with dark brown hair and the same aqua coloured eyes. Caris loved seeing both of her cousins and never got tired of being around the two fun, loud and generally happy girls.
"Sam's got a scholarship to this amazing dance school in London! How amazing is that? She doesn't know if she wants to take it though. The twit." Caris said fondly, grinning at the thought of her cousin walking around Westminster Abbey and Oxford Street in high fashion instead of her usual skinny jeans and ugg boots.
"London. That's pretty impressive." Hayden agreed, looking into her eyes. Caris looked back for a moment before blinking away. Hayden laughed in response and pulled Caris close to him, his arms tightly clasped behind her back.
Neither Caris nor Hayden noticed the two set of eyes staring jealously at them from opposite ends of the classrooms; the eyes of Alyse Whitford and James Jackson.