Status: Finished

You'll Find Out On Your Own

Last Day Of Summer

You'll Find Out On Your Own.

I sat outside on my front step. The summer days were slowing down and school to my disliking was soon ready to begin. Of course another year of high school meant another year of seeing him fall for her all over again, more heartache and more fake smiles as he jabbered on about how she smiled at him or how beautiful she looked. Sadly though in my case I couldn't tell him she was walking over him and really could of cared less if he got hit by a bus and died let alone him carrying her books in the hall like every other teenage boy of Huntington High did. She was a man-eater; played them all along and made them think they got a chance and BAM! Broke them in half by telling them no when they finally did get the balls to ask her out. This girl was Jenny Larson. She was your average Californian beau. She had long bleach blond hair that was always perfectly straight, perfect white smile and a body which was swim suite perfect. She had no chest but it was all behind her for the guys to drool. I frowned picturing Matt's face as he saw her in her new dress or whatever she'd wear tomorrow on the first day of school.

“Sup, Em?” asked Matt smirking as he walked up my driveway and sat beside me on the steps. I hadn't even noticed him walk out of his house across the road. Matthew Charles Sanders was my best friend, yes he played on the football team and yes he liked the most popular girl in school. No I wasn't popular. I hung around Zack Baker and Jimmy Sullivan two very odd outcasts who were very much different. Matt knew them but didn't talk to them much, though Jimmy had been on the basketball team...for about two weeks before he got kicked off. Matt was the guy a lot of girls liked. Including myself. Though I would never admit to him that I had a crush on him all I wanted really was for him to realize it on his own, that he wouldn't ever get with Jenny and that really, out of everyone. I knew him the best and loved him way more than she ever could.

“Yo, earth to Em?” he waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked and groaned pushing him. “Stop it, jeez” “Whoa, what the hell is up with you?” “Nothing, I just hate the fact that school starts tomorrow” I mumbled and played with the holes in my jeans.

I was far from Matt Sanders approval in girls who he'd end up with. I was just that girl who he talked to because he could. We had grown up together and I his trust was in me as mine was in him. I had dark brown hair. We both loved music to death and had a couple home made tattoos,our lips were pierced and had stretch our ears. Though I wore old band shirts and ripped jeans, dirty old converse and almost nude make up. My hair was layered and I sometimes dyed it randomly. I was far from skinny but wasn't the size of a train. I hung out with the oddballs so what did you expect me to look like? Not Jenny Larson, clearly.

“Aw, I can't wait, Jenny's going to fall for me this year I know it!” he said cockily proud. I rolled my eyes. Since he did have a chance this year; Jenny's boyfriend breaking up with her after graduating high school. Matt had his chance and no way in hell would he not run for it.

“Yeah” I sighed. He noticed my attitude downward and changed the subject. “I think we'll end up in English together, hah, at least I shouldn't fail with your help” he lightly laughed. I looked up and nodded.
We hung around for a few more moments until a truck playing loud rap music pulled up into Matt's driveway. “YO, SANDERS GET IN, COACH SAID WE'VE GOT PRACTICE!” Yelled one of the many guys off the football team. “Well, gotta go, see you later Em” he said and ran over jumping up into the back of the four door truck. I sighed and got up turning around and headed inside.

It had been a few hours later since Matt got up and ditched me and in that time Zack and Jimmy came over, we currently hung out in my parents basement watching shitty TV shows and lazing about.

“Can you fucking believe it, summers over already” groaned Zack. I shrugged. “I know, it blows” I sighed. “You get the Jenny overdose already?” asked Jimmy. I had told the guys about Matt never shutting up about the stupid blond cheerleader. I nodded frowning. “Emily, Matt's here!!” Yelled my mom from upstairs. I groaned and didn't move. He walked down the steps and saw us. “Hey” he spoke not really caring about the two beside me. “Hey, what's up?” I asked. He sat down on the chair beside Jimmy. “Not much, you guys want to go to a party this weekend?” He asked. Jimmy face lit up. Parties=alcohol=he totally was in. “Beach party?” he asked. Matt nodded. “I'm in” Jimmy said smiling. “Come on Em, don't leave me hanging!” he poked me. I grinned and nodded. “Sure why not, you in Zack?” I asked. We all turned to him. “Yeah, I'll be there, what time?” We turned back to Matt. “4 until whenever you want. Probably until the cops realize theres booze their” he chuckled. I smirked and sat back. The only thing about this party that would suck is he'd be chasing her around until she was so out of it that she'd end up falling for him aways.

“Anyways, I gotta go, I gotta get back to jogging in the morning, later losers” he said and laughed. No one commented and we sat their. “Well I gotta get home, my parents are going to kill me if I don't soon leave” Zack said and got up. “See you tomorrow Baker” Jimmy said and they high fived. “Bye Zacky” I said. “By Emmy” he said back and headed upstairs. I turned to Jimmy. “I ain't leaving anytime soon” he said defensively I laughed and flicked the channel we were currently watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcome.