Status: Finished

You'll Find Out On Your Own

Will You Marry Me Someday?

We sat across from one another. He would write something down, a sentence or two and then look up to me, our eyes would catch and then he'd go back to work, a couple times too he'd even bit his pencil and gaze at me for a moment. It got to the point where I just turned away and looked out his kitchen window. “So when are your parents due home?” I asked. “Probably around seven, why do you have to go home?” he asked a little worried. I shook my head. “Nah, but my mom is soon going to be home” I stated and he nodded then focused again and wrote a lot more this time. I sat back in my chair and lightly sighed. He looked up to me again. “So uh, want to read this, I think I have close to eight hundred words now” he said. I nodded sitting up straight as he slide the pieces of paper across the shiny table.
I read his chicken scratch writing and made some changes to a couple words before sliding the paper over the table again and smiling. “I'm liking it even more now, but how are you going to end it?” I asked. He smiled showing off his cute little dimples. “Well, I was going to end it with my main character asking out Elly, not caring what others think, not caring if his late ex-girlfriend made a shit-fit over the whole deal but sticking with it and asking her out since that's who he truly wanted” he blushed slightly. I smiled nodding. He wasn't giving off any hints was he?
“I like that ending, it would be nice” he nodded. “Well I better get going, its almost 5:30” I suggested and got up. I grabbed my bag and started to the door when his large shadow cast over me as I pulled on my shoes. I looked up to him and furrowed my eyebrows confused. “What?” “Oh, well since Elly and Mark end up together in the story and since this story is so much like real life I just...well...uh...”

And it happened again.

He pulled me into one of those breath taking kisses. I felt like Cinderella or Snow White when the hot guy came and kissed them. My foot did that weird lift thing behind me and we pulled away breathless. “Wow” I sighed out. He breathed out a laugh and nodded. “So Elly do you want to go out with me?” he asked. I could feel my cheeks burn and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the name he used to represent me in his short story. “Why not Mark, you love me anyways” I laughed lightly and his lips were placed on mine once again. “I'll text you tonight” he whispered between our kiss. I nodded and pecked his lips again before turning quickly and walking out. Was this actually happening.

I swear a car or bus or huge ass truck could have hit me between the very short distance of our houses and I probably still wouldn't fully believe it.

“So how is Matthew?” My mom asked over dinner. “Amazing” I sighed still in my lovers haze. “Um. Ok, so what did you do over at his house?” she asked. “Homework and stuff” I smiled down at my plate of buttery mashed potatoes, pork and corn. My mom slowly looked up and set down her silverware. “Um, I know you're old enough to choose to do the right thing but I have to asked, what kind of “stuff” did you exactly do” “MOM!” “I KNOW, I KNOW, You're best friends but he's still a guy and you're still a girl” she spoke. I my as well tell her the truth. “We kissed” “WHAT!” “We kissed, on the lips...like boyfriend and girlfriend's do” I spoke normally and continued eating. I wasn't so sure but it was well possible that Matt probably could hear my mom scream in joy from my house in my kitchen. “HOLY SHIT CALM YOURSELF!” I yelled in pain of my ears receiving too high of pitch sound. “I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS...NO WAY, NO NO NO NOWAY!” “AH! MY BABY IS DATING MY BEST FRIENDS BABY AND AWWW YOU TWO WILL BE PERFECT TOGETHER!!! GO TO PROM AND AHHH I CAN HEAR THE WEDDING BELLS A-RINGING”

I rolled my eyes and leaned again my hand as my elbow rested on the table. Oh please mother.. I wanted to groan out.

That night I showered up and then jumped into my pajamas before heading off to bed. It was about 10:30 when I received a text message.

“You're my bestest friend and since I'm a dork...or according to you I am one, just please answer this question before you go to sleep: Will you marry me someday, because I know I love you, I always have. I was stupid before to not grab you while I could have. Please say yes!”

Tears brimmed my eyes as I foggily texted back a 'yes' and then shut my phone. Things like this didn't happen, only in dreams or retarded chick-flicks.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is almost over. I know a sad thing. I'm thinking another chapter...maybe two...MAYBE.