Status: Finished

You'll Find Out On Your Own

We Are the Champions My Friend.

The next day couple days went alright, minus the looks I got from Matt through each class. In home room on Friday we got a good dose of football mania and that day at lunch there was a huge pep-rally in the gym. I didn't go to it knowing Matt would be hanging around and Jenny would be cheering and it would be brutal and possibly kill me.

I stepped out that Friday and headed over to my car...my car. I would be going straight home today seeing in Jimmy and Zack had to work and he drove him seeing their jobs were basically beside one another.

The drive was boring all until I noticed a silver Mazda behind me. Matt's figure inside though I knew he couldn't see me through the back tinted windows. I pulled into my driveway but the sports car kept going forward. I noticed Matt look in and see me. I sighed and got out of the car and walking inside.

“I think I have everything. Do I have everything?” I smiled sitting on the couch as my mom rushed around. Her flight straight to NY was in three hours and she had to be at the airport in less then forty minutes. I looked out the window to see Matt open his front door and walk out. He wore sweat pants and a old Metallica shirt which I hadn't seen him in since the summer. He put in his head phones and pressed a few buttons on his Ipod before starting to jog down his driveway and down the sidewalk. I frowned noticing his expression wasn't to great. His smile was gone and he didn't seem to happy.

I turned to my mom. “Calm down ok, your ride will be here soon so get your things and lets eat” I said grabbing the meal she made but had no time to plate out. I handed her a piece of chicken and some potatoes. She ate but her foot tapped away on the floor. “Mom, I know you hate leaving home...and flying but things will be okay, including me”I smiled. She nodded. “I'm so happy I don't need a babysitter for you anymore. Those days were stressful!” she laughed. I smiled. “Well I'm not a little kid anymore, and next year I'll be moving out” I grinned. She smiled “I still can't believe this is your final year of high school, lord the time goes by so fast” I smiled and to break our happy moment a honk from outside was heard. “Oh, Joshua's here, by child, stay safe and no parties” I nodded as she kissed my head. “Don't worry mom, kill that case” I laughed and walked her to the door. “Bye sweetie” she jogged out to the light colored Honda which sat behind my car. I waved to them and as soon as they were out of sight I shut the door and headed to my room getting ready for the big game tonight. I pulled on a black tank top which probably showed off a little too much cleavage. Fixed my make up so I wore a little more than usual and slipped on a pair of shorts. The day's were still sunny and warm but that didn't mean the nights couldn't get cold. I grabbed a light sweater and then my keys. Before heading over to Zack's house. He'd be sticking it with me unlike Jimmy who had to lock up after work but be at the party before it got dark outside. I jumped out of the car and smiled seeing Zack all normal looking. “Why are you dressed like that?” he asked. “I don't know. I wanna” I smiled and we got back in the car. I drove to the school's parking lot where cars were filling in the slots. I grabbed my usual spot and got out. Zack and I walked over and paid for our way in the found a good spot to sit. I had to admit. Even though I wasn't one for high school gatherings I still liked to cheer on my team, plus I had to cheer on my best friend...even though we were currently on a hiatus relationship as best friends at the moment.

The teams piled out on to the field and screaming and hollering began. I smiled and turned to Zack who started yelling out. I laughed and pulled him down so the people sitting behind us could see.

The game lasted about an hour and a half and when it did finish off the sun was setting behind the school's field.

I smiled seeing the losing team, Ocean View walk away pissed off. I knew our school would win, it was a given. With Matt on the team and a few others who were just as good they had no chance.

“Lets go to the Laundry Mat to tell the news to Jimmy” Zack said happily. I nodded opening the drivers door and unlocking Zack's side. He got in and we zoomed out heading over across town.

“GUESS WHO WON!!!” Zack ran in the doors of the run down building. “Who?!” Jimmy's head poked up from behind the counter. “US!!!” Zack danced around I giggled shaking my head. “Really?” “Yep, but only by a couple points” “Sweet” “So when you closing this place, no ones here, couldn't you do it now?” Zack asked. I laughed, he never was this hyper. “Dude chill.. I still got ten minutes and believe me stupid bitches come in here at the last minute all the time” he groaned. I smiled. “Come on Zacky, we'll meet you their 'kay?”I told Jimmy. He nodded and we walked out to have some women rush in. “TOLD YOU!” Jimmy yelled. I giggled and Zack and I got back in the car.

I parked along side of the road. On the beach was a pile of washed up beach wood, old sticks and other wood things. People were starting to come and a couple side fires were started. I sat down at one with Zack. “Wanna drink?” asked one of the dudes off the football team. Zack nodded and I pass. “I'm driving, can't” I said. He nodded and handed Zack and beer. “I'm getting so drunk tonight!!” he exclaimed drinking his beer. I laughed rolling my eyes. Lets see how well this turns out now.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know how it works my friends. COMMENT=MORE! ;D