Believe Me I'm Lying

36

I heard the door open the next morning and looked over to see Max sat on my floor. “Max?” I asked and he smiled.

“Sorry did I wake you?” I nodded.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

“Nothing just wanted to make sure he was behaving,” he said pointing to a sleeping Jonathan.

“You know he’s really nice Max, he’s scared of you so he won’t do anything wrong. What time do you want to go to pappy’s?” I asked and he smiled.

“Leave at 10” he suggested and I nodded in agreement.

“Okay. I was thinking tomorrow us 2 could go out for the day?” I suggested.

“What about” he said pointing at Jonathan.

“It was his idea if I’m honest, I’ve not seen you in forever, we can go out for lunch. He can stay behind and write some songs” I offered as I smiled and he nodded and got up and left.

I woke Jonathan up much to his disgust as he was expecting a lie in and we got ready before leaving to visit my our grandparents.

I walked up the path to my grandparents’ house with Jonathan and Max. We hid round the corner while Max knocked on the door.

“Hello Max how are you?” I heard my pappy say and smiled to myself, it had been ages since I’d last seen him.

“I’m great, I have a present for you” he smiled and looked over at us and I walked out.

“Megan! What are you doing here?” pappy asked and I smiled hugging him.

“I’ve missed you pappy, have you been looking after gran?” I asked and he nodded kissing my cheek.

“Whom may I ask is this young gentleman?” he said smiling at Jonathan as he stood behind us.

“Pappy this is Jonathan, he’s my boyfriend so you be nice” I said and he smiled as he shook his hand and we all walked inside.

“Ella It’s Max and he’s brought 2 presents for us!” he shouted as we walked into the lounge, I saw my gran smile as I walked in.

“Megan your home!” she beamed.

“I have a few days off so I thought I’d drop in and see you all” I smiled as she hugged me.

“Ella this is Megan’s boyfriend Jonathan” pappy said smiling as we all sat down.

Max had gone to make coffee “So Jonathan, your from this state?” pappy asked and he nodded.

“Yes sir” Jonathan replied looking around nervously and I adored his manners.

“What do you do for a living dear?” asked gran.

“I’m in a band ma’am. That’s how I met Tally, she’s working with us” He replied smiling.

“I’m working for you” I laughed as gran went to help Max.

“I feel awkward calling you Tally when everyone’s calling you Megan” Jonathan said smiling.

“Don’t worry we’re a pretty strange family. They’ll always be Megan and Max to us but we know everyone calls hem Tally and Toby” Pappy replied and Jonathan nodded smiling.

“So Jonathan do you like football?” asked pappy and I knew he'd aim this conversation tat sports.

“Yes sir” Jonathan replied and pappy beamed at him.

“Finally someone I can talk sport with” I heard pappy say and with that they were talking all about sports.

We sat drinking coffee and talking although pappy and Jonathan mainly talked about sports together, I got up with Gran to take everything back to the kitchen.

“Megan how are things going?” asked gran as we walked into the kitchen.

“Well thanks, I love this job. I think I’m really good at it, how’s Max been?” I asked and she smiled.

“He’s doing fine, you shouldn’t worry about him. So tell me more about Jonathan” she smiled.

“Well he’s in the band I’m working for, we were friends pretty much straight away and we just get on really well. He’s really nice gran and I trust him, I met his mom and she’s really nice too. I think Max likes him even if he doesn’t want to admit it, he makes me happy” I admitted.

“Well he seems lovely and your pappy could do with someone to talk sports with seeing as you two have no interest in them. Plus he’s very handsome” she said as she winked and I smiled hugging her.

“He is isn’t he” I laughed as we walked back into the lounge.