Believe Me I'm Lying

46

“Caleb What the fuck!” I heard Jonathan shout and Caleb let go pushing himself away from me.

“No wonder you’ve been so long, I’ll fetch drinks and I’ll crack onto your girlfriend too!” he shouted walking round the counter to stand over us.

“Jonathan we were talking, he felt weird seeing us together, and we talked it all out. He’s knows we’re just friends, I was hugging him” I said and he glared at me shaking his head.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t talk to her anymore” stuttered Caleb and Jonathan stared at us both.

I watched as Caleb stood up and I got up and stared between them, Jonathan moved again and Caleb walked backwards into the cupboard and grabbed at his hip.

I looked back at Jonathan to see him smile and I shook my head “I’m going to ring Sammy and ask her to let me swap with Kent” Caleb said.

“Sounds like a great idea to me” snapped Jonathan, “You had your chance with her Caleb and you blew it don’t you dare try and take her away from me because I won’t let you” he shouted.

“I wasn’t …”

“Yes you were” he shouted throwing a glass at him and I ducked.

“What was that?” I heard Austin say as him and Mason came out the back.

“Looks like Caleb slipped” he said and I turned to see Caleb nod and hold his cheek.

“Caleb?” Austin asked and he nodded.

“I’m fine just slipped out my hand” he said quietly and I noticed blood dripping from under his hand.

I walked towards him and he pushed himself away “It’s okay” I whispered so he could hear.

“Leave him Tally!” snapped Jonathan, I looked round at him and looked back at Caleb and reached to touch his cheek. “I mean it,” he said again.

“Shut up!” I shouted and Caleb looked down.

“Leave it Tal, please,” he whispered.

“Fuck this” I heard Jonathan say and felt him behind me, he pushed me away and cornered Caleb.

“Guys!” I heard Austin shout and saw them move towards them, I looked up as Jonathan punched Caleb.

I pushed Jonathan but he just pushed Caleb round and hit him again.

“Stop it!” I screamed and they all looked at me.

“Jonathan grow up! We did nothing wrong we were talking and we hugged. Hugged that’s all, don’t you dare push me out of your way so you can hit him” I shouted as I took Caleb’s face in my hands.

I saw the reason his cheek was bleeding and looked at him, he nodded and I pulled the tiny piece of glass from his face as he bit his lip.

“You threw a glass at him, he had that in his face!” I shouted throwing it at him.

“Where are you going?” he asked as I grabbed Caleb’s hand and made him follow me.

“Away from you!” I shouted as I walked into the bathroom locking the door.