‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

Lorenzo

My pen scribbled along my paper, my thoughts jumbling. Photos were scattered along my desk, gruesome and interesting. I kept getting so close to the climax of the gruesome report, but then it would take a sudden turn. It was only making me more frustrated. I threw my pen down and sat back in my seat with a sigh. Thick, strong fingers gripped my shoulders and I jumped.

“Geez girl, you need a break.”Robert leaned forward, a grin on his soft lips.

“I know.’I spun my chair to face him, forcing him to lose grip on my shoulders.

“This should totally help us though.”He quickly sat on my desk, hands folded in his lap.”You know I’m obviously the gossip queen,”

“What did ya get on our story?”I leaned forward, excited by the new news.

“Well,”He clapped his hands together, a sly smiled on his lips.”turns out our boy had some trouble with the Italian mob. Owed some money, yadda, yadda. But now they think they sent someone in and pop! Took him out.”

“I had a feelin’.”I let out a sigh - I was almost relieved to know I could trust my gut.

“And we all know who the biggest mob boss out there is right now.”Rob smirked.

“Lorenzo.”I whispered his name like I was afraid he’d hear me.

“Exactly. The police are trying to find him now. Or any of his peons.”He picked up a picture of me and my Ma, carefully looking it over.”Oh!”

He slammed it into his lap before growing excited.

“Are you going to hang with those two boys today? The twins?”He swung his feet back and forth like a young kid.

“Connor and Murphy? Robbie I’ve told ya before. They aren’t gay.”I chuckled at his enthusiasm.

“I know, but the blonde one is just delicious..”He placed his hand over his heart and let out a sigh.“God, he’s like that cupcake you know you can’t have.

I laughed at his expression and shook my head. He put my picture back and stood.

“Well let me know honey. Maybe if I can get him drunk enough he’ll spill his dying love for me.”Robert waved and escaped my area quietly.

I stretched before standing and quickly neatened the mess on my desk. It was almost three o’ clock and it was time for me to leave for the day. I grabbed my purse and left, the thought of Robert and Connor together flashing through my mind. I bit my lip, stiffling a laugh and escaped the building.

A large SUV sat across the street, the tinted windows slightly rolled down. Smoke emerged from the cracks as two men watched Rose leave her work building. They watched as she climbed into her Jeep Cherokee.

“Is that her?”The Italian man in the passenger seat slid down his sunglasses slightly to get a better view.

The larger Italian at the wheel only grunted in approval. The second one laughed, knowing their target would be gone quickly at their hands.

“Easy.”Rose pulled out into the street and seconds later, so did the SUV.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anybody got anything to ask or say? I can take constructive criticism ya know haha. Hope you guys enjoyed it :)