‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

Busy Signal

I stepped into my filled tub, exhaling as the warm water caressed my aching muscles. As I slid in fully, I grabbed my small glass of wine. It was an easy, relaxing drink. Minutes into my time of relaxation, loud, obnoxious banging came from my front door. I tried numerous times to ignore it, but I knew they wouldn’t leave until I answered.

“Alright! I’m comin’!”I stepped out and into my silk robe, tying it around my waist.

I got my door and brushed back my wet hair. They were still knocking. I pulled open my door, staring intently at whoever was there.

“Damn! We’re goin’ gray h -”Murphy stopped and swallowed hard.

I quickly blushed, knowing my attire was skimpy for their eyes.

“Um,”Connor cleared his throat before continuing.”want to go the bar?”

“Guess I don’t have much of a choice now, do I?”I stepped aside, letting them in.”Let me change real quick.”

I rushed to my room, quickly pulling jeans over my slim legs. I slipped into my tank top and my flip flops and met the boys in the living room. I grabbed my bag and stepped outside with the boys and lit a cigarette.

“I can hear the Scotch callin’ me name.”I smiled.

“Aye.”We set off on our short walk, preparing for the strong liquir.

“Oh!”I dug into my bag, retrieving my cell phone.

The brothers shot me a questioning look as I flipped it open.

“Robbie wanted to come.”Connor’s shoulders slumped and a loud groan escaped his lips.

“Do ya have to invite him? He’ll be hittin’ on me all night.”Murphy fell into a fit of laughter at Connor’s comment.

“Well,”Murphy wrapped a strong arm over my shoulder and exhaled slowly.”that’s why Roisin’s my girlfriend in his presence.”

“Can’t ya switch? Be my girlfriend instead?”Connor moaned.

“Sorry Connor. Murph claimed me first.”I snickered as I put the ringing phone to my ear.

It continued to ring until I finally heard his voicemail.

“That’s weird.”Smoke crawled out my mouth and nose as I continued.”He always answers.”

“Maybe he’s busy.”Connor smirked as he flicked his cigarette.

I tried once more, but I got the same result. Connor may be right - Robbie was probably busy.

“Well, he’ll call me when he gets the chance.””We turned down the street and headed toward McGuinty’s.

Ringing emerged in the large suv, forcing the driver to flip open the phone.

“Si?”His deep, gravelly voice echoed softly in the truck.

“The mans dead. How’s your target?”He grumbled lowly and answered in a cool tone.

“The girl will be gone when she returns.”His eyes met the passengers before locking back on the dashboard.

“Good.”He flipped the phone shut and allowed a grim smile to meet his lips.

“Any contact with the police ends tonight.”He chuckled slowly and put out his cigar.

“They’ll never know.”The passenger sat back, waiting for Roisin to stumble her way back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, it'll get much better :) Let me know how I'm doin' guys! Please! I want to know. I need to know if I should add anything or change some shit up. Hope you guys enjoyed it :)