Status: Re-Edited - Finished!

I'm Sorry

Chapter Four

"Unfortunately, that is all I know. Matthew may finally believe that I have accepted his proposal, however, he is not a fool. Especially when it comes to Miraz." I stated having given Caspian all the patrol and armory information I could manage to collect.

"Thank you, Anna, this will be quite helpful for us to move forward," Peter stated, leaning forward to look at the layout of the Castle.

"Your Highnesses!" Trufflehunter gasped as he ran into the dimly lit room, "New from the Castle!" He huffed before handing a scroll to Caspian.

Caspian took the scroll and quickly read it before solemnly looking up. "It appears our informants from inside the Castle have bad news, Anna" before handing the scroll over to me.

Taking the scroll, I instantly recognize Lucas' penmanship and feel my heart sink. "No..." I muttered stumbling forward to lean against the Stone Table.

“What is it?” Edmund asked, taking the scroll out of my hand to read it for himself.

"I have to leave immediately,” I stated hastily gathering my skirts to make a run for the stables. I barely made it three steps before I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist before spinning me around and trapping me in their warm embrace.

"Let me go!" I shouted struggling to get out of my capture's arms. I briefly looked up to meet warm brown eye looking at me with sadness before looking away quickly and continuing to push against Edmund's chest, attempting to escape. I did everything I could possibly think of to get him to let me go, but with each punk and kick, his arms only tightened more. Not to trap me further, but more as a way of comforting me.

"What is it? What happened?" Susan finally asked breaking the stunned silence. Edmund silently handing the scroll to Susan, before wrapping his arm around me once more, this time weaving his had in my hair to comfort me now shaking body that was soaking his shirt in tears.

"Anna...I-I am so sorry. I have no words..." I heard Susan stated pitifully which only made me bury my face in Edmund's chest further. I grip Edmund's biceps tightly as a begin to feel faint from all the crying. Edmund must have picked up on my lightheadedness and guided me to sit on the Stone Table, continuing to hold me tightly.

Edmund’s POV:

I watched as Anna read the scroll getting paler with each word.

“No,” I heard her mutter softly.

“What is it?” I asked concerned. I took the letter out of Anna’s hands and quickly skimmed it.

“I have to leave immediately,” I heard Anna say louder this time. Knowing what she would do next, I grabbed waist and spun her around so she was facing my chest, so she couldn’t run off, back to the castle. I looked down at her with sadness, pity, worry and love.

“Let me go!” she shout struggling to get out of my grip, punching my chest, slapping it, and pounding on it but each time she tried to get me to let go I held on tighter. Anna finally gave up when she realized I wasn’t about to let her go to her death and sobbed into my chest clutching my shirt. I tried to sooth and comfort her by saying, things like, “Shh, it going to be okay,” or “don’t worry we’ll get them back,”

After awhile Susan asks “What’s going on?”

I hand her the letter, and continues to stroke Anna’s hair. Susan skims over the letter.

“Oh my…..Anna, I-I don’t….I am so sorry sweetie…” Susan finally was able to get out.

When Susan said that, Anna just buried her face deeper into my chest and cried harder. Slowly I made my way over to the Stone Table, bringing Anna with me. I sit Anna down and let her continue to sob into my shoulder while I rub her arm. Sometime later, she must have fallen asleep because, she seemed to settle down and her breathing evened out. By, then Lucy was asleep with her head in Susan’s Lap, while Susan’s head was on Caspian’s shoulder. Caspian seemed to be in deep thought about something, while Peter was in the corner sitting and was slowly drifting to sleep. I slowly picked Anna up bridal style.

“You want me to take her?” Caspian asked.

“No, I’m fine, besides you’re Susan’s Pillow and blanket.” motioning with my head to her head being on his shoulder, while his arm was around her waist, trying not to wake Anna up. Caspian blushed while I gave him a knowing smirk.

“Not like your any better.” He threw back at me. I blushed slightly and replied, “I’m just being a good friend.”

“Sure you are…” Susan slurred, sleep thick in her voice, we must have woken her up because; she was looking at me sleepily. ‘Wonder how much she heard of our conversation’ I thought.
“Whatever” I said and continued to carry Anna to Susan’s and Lucy’s room. I placed her down slowly on Susan’s bed knowing she wouldn’t mind sharing with Lucy for tonight. Once I placed her down she rolled over on her side, facing me. That’s when I got a real good look at her instead of having to worry of her catching me. Her long brown hair was sprawled out behind her, with one piece covering her gorgeous bright blue eyes if they were open. I pushed the hair behind her ear lightly. My eyes traveled down to her full pink lips that were parted slightly. Just begging for me to kiss her.

‘No.' I thought to myself, 'No, i have only just met her.'. I shook the thought out of my head, and turned to leave, mumbling to myself, only to almost run into Susan, who was carrying a sleeping Lucy on her hip.

“You really like her don’t you?” she asked softly.

“Why does everyone keep saying that?” I asked, slightly annoyed.

“The way you look at her, like you’re afraid she is just going to disappear in front of your eyes.” She replied.

“Well I am sorry to crush you’re ideas but you’re wrong, I don’t like her. i just met her for christs sake!” I said, but thought ‘do I?’ in my head.

“You keep thinking that.” Susan said as she slowly and carefully placed Lucy on her bed, then turned to me.

“I will thanks!” I said ruder than necessary, glaring harshly. “Sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” I said, once is saw Susan's hurt face. I have always been trying to make up for what I did last time we were in Narnia. “Good Night” I said softly. With one last look at Anna, I walked out of the room, feeling Susan’s knowing smirk on my back. As I made my way over to the room Peter and I share, I was asking myself if I really did like Anna. I went to sleep that night telling myself, that I should be friends with her first before anything else. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!

Sam