Status: Re-Edited - Finished!

I'm Sorry

Chapter Five

Anna’s POV:

I woke up to someone shaking my arm softly. I groaned and rolled over, not quite ready to get up yet.

“Anna? Anna, it’s time to get up its breakfast.” I heard a familiar voice softly trying to wake me up. I never was a morning person.

“mmmkay….” I responded groggily.

“Now Anna!” The voice came again.

“Okay, Okay! Sheesh!” I growled and got up. I glared at Susan who was the one who woke me up, and continued to get up. Suddenly last night came flooding back to me. I could feel myself pale.

“Anna? You Okay?” Susan asked worriedly, figuring that you just remembered what had happened last night.

“Yes…” I replied shakily, “I’ll be fine….”

Susan lent me a dress to wear. I changed into the deep green dress, that fit me perfectl to my surprise, and washed me face. After I was changed and felt refreshed I made my way to breakfast. I took a deep breath to settle my nerves before I entered and just as I suspected everyone quieted down when I walked in. I took the only seat open which was between Edmund and Lucy. I quietly sat down, and ate my breakfast slowly. No one said a thing the rest of breakfast. Caspian and Edmund kept looking at you worriedly. Edmund even put his hand on your knee and gave you a squeeze of reassurance. You gave him a small smile which he returned. The awkward silence was getting even more awkward, if that was even possible, so I excused myself to go check on Max. I made my way to the barn observing the How and the people and creatures in it as i went.

“Hey Max,” I said once I get there, “how are you buddy?” I say while patting his neck. Max neighed bobbing his head. I had always assumed that meant yes or something along that line. I hugged his neck and buried my face in his fur, inhaling his scent. I grew up with horses and always played in the barn, so the scent of horses never bothered me, in fact I loved it. Max turned his head and nudged my shoulder. I turned my head to look at him, with my cheek still on his neck. Max motioned his head toward the door. I looked past his neck to see Edmund leaning on the door frame, with a cute smirk on his face.

I almost gasped at the thought that popped into my head when i saw him. 'He's a king Anna, you should never think such things.' i blushed.

“Oh! Edmund! I didn’t know you were there…” I said while hiding behind Max’s neck to wipe my eyes.

“Yes, sorry. I was just...i was just admiring you beautiful horse” Edmund responded, “What’s his name?” he continued.

“Max, he’s a thorough bred, 17 hands….I’ve had him since I was 5 years old, he was only a foul then.” I said rambling slightly.

“He’s gorgeous….” Ed said stroking his nose. “Smart one too!”

“Yea,” I laughed shakily, voice still thick with tears, I took a deep breath and let It out shakily, leaning against Max for support.

“How you holding up?” Edmund asked slightly worried.

“Better I suposse….” I said quietly.

I felt calmer and somewhat happier in Edmund’s presence. But, after a long silence I finally said, “Sorry about yesterday, you know the whole, punching, and ruining your shirt thing….” I trailed off, blushing.

“It’s okay; sometimes you just need to get it out.” Edmund said.
“Yes, I usually don’t do that to people I don’t know, I just couldn’t handle it….” I said with silent tears falling from my eyes.

“Hey, hey, hey ssshhhhh” Edmund said while rushing towards me, “its okay, everything will be fine, Peter and Prince Caspian are already thinking of a plan to get them back.” I nodded as Edmund pulled me into another hug and rubbed my back, while my silent tears fell.

"You must really care about them, dont you?" Edmund asked.

I nodded into his chest and said, "I'd do anything for them." causing him to nod understandingly.

“Anna?” Edmund asked after a moment of scilence, pulling away from our hug.

“Yes” I croaked, looking into his dark brown eyes.

“Anna I-" Edmund started but was cut off when Susan came in saying, “Anna-Oh! Sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt anything” while backing up.

“No its okay I was just leaving…” Edmund said, blushing. “Don’t think about it too much Anna.” He said before he left.

Susan smirked gave me a knowing smirk, “What?” I asked, blushing a deep red.

“You know what.” Susan said knowingly.

“We were just talking…he was comforting me.” I said in a hurry.

“uh huh." Susan said slyly.

“We were!” I said defensively. Max neighed at my comment.

“Oh, shut it max, I don’t need you taking her side!” I said as I turned to glare at him
Max neighed again, and moved his head from side to side, as if to shake it at me. Max then turned around and when back to eating his hay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Message me!
Sam