Sequel: Accidents Can Happen
Status: Completed

If We Don't Make it, We'll Fake It

We Are The Champions.

I stood in the hot pleading sun waiting for the girl to screw up and come my way. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and re-adjusted my ponytail to where my hair was no longer sticking to my neck. My complete concentration was on the black and white ball that was being dribbled towards me.

I ran forward sticking my leg out kicking it out right from under her. I ran my heart out until I reached the goal where the goalie was trying to distract me. I smirked to myself and ran full force kicking it and scoring the final point of the game.

I yelled in excitement while pumping my fists into the air. My team ran over and picked me up ranting along to the song “We Are The Champions.” We were awarded the state trophy and were put in the newspaper. I smiled to myself at our accomplishment.

“That was amazing!” My best friend Alexa yelled before throwing herself on me.

“Yes, it was. I’m so happy!” I said hugging her tightly.

“We’re all so proud of you!” The girls smiled.

“I couldn’t have done it without you.”

We all smiled at eachother before getting into one huge group hug. We had graduated yesterday, played our best game yet today, and tomorrow everyone would be leaving for summer vacation and when we all returned in the fall we would head off the college, meaning we would break up our little group.

“We should have a sleepover tonight!” Leana said excitedly.

“Yeah.” We all chorused.

“I’ll be right back.” I stated.

I walked over to my smiling mom and hugged her, even though I was sweaty and gross. I pulled away and she swept some of the hair that had fallen in my face back. She just observed my face for awhile before pulling me into another hug.

“What’s wrong mom?” I asked.

“It’s just-, nothing.”

“Tell me.”

“You’ve grown up too fast Bee, before long you’ll be off the college, and before I know it I will have grandchildren.” I laughed as she said this.

“Mom, I’ll always be around, you know that.”

“I know.”

“Is it okay if we have a sleepover at Alexa’s house, if you don’t want me to, that’s fine.”

“No, honey, go ahead, be with your friends.” She urged.

“Okay, I’ll be home in the morning.”

“Behave.”

“I will.” I smiled before hugging her again and ran back over to my friends. They were all sitting on my black Range Rover when I jogged up to them, Alexa, Leana, and Sam were riding with me, while Makayla drove with Ashley and Veronica.

“We should go to the nearest pizza parlor and pick up some pizza.” I suggested and they all nodded in unison.

I unlocked the doors so everyone could get in, once everyone was ready I pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road. We were rocking out to Guns N’ Roses on the way there, singing along to every word of Sweet Child O‘Mine. We pulled up to the pizza parlor and everyone chipped in with paying and I went in to order.

“How can I help you?” The blue eyed boy asked flirtatiously.

“I need 3 large cheese pizzas and 2 large pepperoni, please.”

“Alright, the total will be $40.00.” He said and I nodded handing him the exact amount. I stood there for about 25 minutes and finally they were done. He handed them to me and I thanked him before walking out and placing them on Alexa’s lap.

“I’m so hungry.” Sam whined.

“Me too, but we need to stop at the convenience store.” Leana chimed.

I nodded as we pulled out onto the highway and stopped at the closest store to Alexa’s house, we picked up energy drinks, everything from Rockstar to Monster, and about 6 bags of chips and two bags of candy. We paid for our stuff and went back out and got in my car. Before long we were at Alexa’s house munching down, talking about everything.

“I can’t believe our high school years are over.” Leana whined.

“I know, it’s pretty insane.” Alexa said and Sam and I nodded in agreement.

“We should watch a movie now.” Ashley said.

“Which one?” Makayla asked digging through some DVDs.

“How about Mean Girls?” Veronica asked and we all looked at eachother before laughing and agreeing.

We popped it in and we all laid in our little pile of pillows and blankets just enjoying our last sleepover together, for awhile anyways. I sighed softly to myself wondering what I was going to do this summer, I figured I would just stay here and lay low.
By the time the credits were rolling everyone was asleep except myself. I just laid there staring at the wall, I had graduated I was finally becoming an adult and it was scary as all get out. I closed my eyes dreading the morning when I would tell my closest friends goodbye.

We would all meet again, hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter. :]