Sequel: Accidents Can Happen
Status: Completed

If We Don't Make it, We'll Fake It

Sad Goodbyes.

I awoke the next morning to the violent rays beaming through the window. I rolled over to find everyone else waking up as well. We all smiled to eachother before getting up and heading downstairs where Alexa’s mom was already making breakfast for us all.

“Thanks mom.” Alexa smiled and we all thanked her and she laughed hugging each of us. We sat down at the table and ate in silence, except for the occasional chit chat here and there. When we were done it was nearly 9, and it was time for us to part ways.

“I’m going to miss you all so much.” I said as we came in for another group hug.

“We will make an oath, no matter where we are this summer, we keep in touch, okay?” Veronica commanded and we all nodded.

We said our goodbyes through tears as we each went different ways. I got in my car as Leana and Sam got in with me, I dropped them off at their houses before heading to my own. I parked in the driveway of our nice sized home. I walked in and slipped my shoes off by the door placing my keys on the table.

I walked towards the kitchen but stopped once I heard my mom on the phone with someone, quickly not to interrupt her I just stood there silent.

“Zachary, I don’t know if she will want to.” She was talking to my brother, I raised an eyebrow form curiosity.

“Okay, I’ll have her on the next plane out once she packs. Yeah, love you too honey, talk to you later.” My mom said flipping her phone closed.

She was seriously making me go stay with my brother for the summer? What if I didn’t want to? What if he didn’t like me, what if I didn’t like him? I hardly knew him and she was giving me away to a stranger. I huffed as I walked into the kitchen.

“Oh, hi honey!” She smiled cheerfully and I raised my eyebrow.

“Hey mom.”

“So, I have something to tell -” She started but I cut her off.

“Your sending me to stay with my brother for the summer?” I questioned and she gave me a shocked expression.

“How did you know?”

“I overheard your phone call.”

“Well, he wants to see you, and I think it would be good for you to bond.”

“Yeah, I guess. When do I have to leave?”

“Actually, if you can pack real quick, there’s a flight that leaves at noon.”

“Well, that’s three hours, 1 hour to get ready, 1 hour to pack, 1 hour to get there, I think we can do it.” I smiled.

“Yeah, now go!” She ushered.

I sighed as I ran up the stairs and hopped in the shower washing up and what not. I stepped out and dried off putting on a pair of light blue jeans with rips and a Pantera t-shirt. I left my hair down and wavy as I slipped on my black flip flops.

I grabbed my suitcase from under the bed and started packing everything I would need for the summer, I finished up around 10:30 and had 5 or 6 suitcases, I had a lot of stuff I would need. I applied a little mascara and some lip balm before dragging everything downstairs.

“Hey ma, what about my car?” I questioned dumbly.

“I’ll have it shipped out there, okay?”

“Uhm, okay, but where is out there?”

“California.”

“Are you serious? That’s all the way across the US.” I stated blankly.

“I know, now come on help me take your stuff out.” I nodded and grabbed some of my suitcases before dragging them out to my mom’s car. I put them in the backseat before walking back inside to grab my other bag of shoes.

“What if he doesn’t like me?” I said lowly.

“What?” Mom asked.

“What if he doesn’t like me, my brother, I mean.”

“Oh, honey, he’ll love you.”

“I hope so.” I whispered before we walked out to the car and got in. we drove for about 30 minutes before pulling into the airport parking lot. It was around 11:30 once we got through everything inside. I was waiting for them to call my plane, fiddling with the hem of my shirt and swaying my bag lightly back and forth.

“Flight 182 to Los Angeles, California now boarding.” The lady said over the intercom.

“That’s me.” I said quietly as I faced my mom.

“Yes, now go and have a good time and stay out of trouble, okay?” I nodded as I walked off handing the lady my ticket before boarding the plane and sitting in first class. I looked out the window as the plane began to take off. Goodbye Charlotte. I said quietly as we were in the air.

- - -

I had just got off the phone with my mother and come to find out my baby sister would be in here in approximately 5 hours, which meant I had to get everything looking halfway decent here or she would think I was disgusting pig.

“What are you doing man?” Jimmy asked as everyone walked in.

“I have someone moving in with me for the summer.” I stated while dusting the shelves.

“Who?” I heard Matt ask before plopping down.

“You don’t know this person, hell, I barely know this person.” I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at them and they all had that ‘what the fuck’ look on their faces. I sighed and ignored them continuing what I was doing.

I picked up all the beer bottles that were littered amongst the floor and all the discarded cigarette butts. I dumped everything into the dumpster and started wiping down the counters and organizing the tables. Everyone looked at me like I had gone completely mad.

“Whoa whoa whoa, why is Zack cleaning the house?” Brian asked as he walked into the room.

“Someone is coming to live with us for the summer.” Johnny shrugged.

“Who?”

“We already asked that and he wouldn’t tell us.” Matt said, as if I weren’t in the room.

“How many people need to be living in this house?” Brian asked, rolling his eyes.

“Brian, we have like 3 spare bedrooms apart from ours.” Jimmy pointed out.

“That’s not the point, I wanna know who it is.”

“You will find out when they get here.” I snapped.

I continued to clean ignoring the random chatter from the guys who were now on the floor playing Xbox while being loud and obnoxious.

I wonder if my sister knows what she just got herself into.