Clairvoyent Disease

o2.

"Tell me again why you decided to come here, to my room, while I have class, instead of going to study hall."

It was nearing the end of the period and Mr. Lewis had long since finished handing out his course requirements. While everyone else in the room was chatting away with their friends, I was sitting cross-legged on Mr. Lewis' desk. Caroline was sitting in a chair to the side of his desk, and the teacher was staring up at me expectantly.

I grinned and reached out to rustle his already messy hair. "Silly Jacoby," I laughed. "I had to come see my favorite teacher. Besides, you're the one who told me that I need to grasp all opportunities that are given to me."

He nodded, blue eyes rolling and a smile on his face. "Ah, right. I did say that, didn't I? I don't think I was condoning skipping class, though, Lili."

"It's just study hall." I shrugged.

The bell rang and everyone gathered their bags to leave. Mr. Lewis got up to tell them goodbye and that he'd see them the next day, and also to take his after third period potty break. I leaned back and laid down on the desk. I could hear Caroline's eyes rolling. I closed my eyes and rested while waiting for my favorite teacher to get back.

I heard the door open and then, simultaneously, Caroline giggled and a man that was not Mr. Lewis cleared his throat.

I opened my eyes and sat up a bit, only to see Mr. Seward standing at my feet at the end of the desk. He was staring at me with an odd expression. I waved at him and smiled.

"Welcome to Mr. Lewis' classroom, how may I help you?"

He stared at me for awhile longer before answering. "I was looking for Jacoby," he said slowly.

I nodded. "I see, I see. Well, he's taking a-"

Just then the door opened up behind my gym teacher and Mr. Lewis walked into his classroom. He wasn't paying attention and came centimeters from running into Mr. Seward. I began laughing so hard at the expression on his face that I fell off the desk.

The two teachers stared at me, their faces causing me to laugh even harder. Whereas Mr. Lewis was used to me and my silly antics and so his face was amused, Mr. Seward's face held a weary, worried expression.

"Is she alright?" he asked the taller teacher beside him.

Mr. Lewis' laughter joined my own, which was slowly dying. "You'll get used to Lili," he said, clapping the other man on the back, then walking over to his desk. "Now, Johnny, was there something you wanted?"

I jumped up from where I was on the floor and sat back down on the desk. I looked over at Mr. Seward. "Aw, your name is Johnny? That's so cute," I cooed.

"Liliana Rose," Mr. Lewis warned. I swear, besides that fact that he was only a little over ten years older than me, he was like a second father.

"Jacoby Gelert," I retorted.

He smiled, inclining his head to me. "Touche."

"So," I said, looking again towards Mr. Seward and petting Mr. Lewis' hair, "you wanted something from my little Jacoby? Not his innocence, I hope; that's mine in about four months."

"Lili!"

"I was kidding! Calm down, bro. Caroline already told me that you've got someone else, remember? I'm fine with that, dude. It's okay. We can move on with our lives."

Mr. Lewis shook his head and turned back to Mr. Seward, who had watched our little exchange with a bemused expression. "Lili is a bit...eccentric. I've known her parents for awhile and she uses that to her advantage," he explained. "Nothing to worry about."

Mr. Seward nodded. "I just wanted to know if I could borrow a dollar for a soda..."

I gasped. "Mr. Lewis has tons of dollars!" I exclaimed, glancing at Caroline from her place behind me.

She grinned. "Yeah! He gets them from his night job as a stripper down at Kitty's. That's how he found his new boo. Don't tell anyone, though. It's a secret."

The two of us looped arms and skipped from the room. "See you seventh period, Jacoby," I laughed.

The door was just shutting behind us when I heard him say, "That girl is really something."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the most horrific chapter ever.
It has zero plot.
I'M SORRY. CAN YOU FORGIVE ME?!
Maybe Danet will make up for it... >_>
Comments make me hot and bothered.
xo,Aleka.