Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

A First Time For Everything

Image

The minute I hit the highway, I pressed a little harder on the accelerator, letting the air flowing through my windows style my hair to it's content.

It was seven in the morning, and traffic was already pilling up at the lights. I'd finally gotten smarter about this, I started leaving the house ten minutes earlier than I really needed to.

When I finally got to the small soft pink two story house I pulled a u-turn and parked behind the Rev's car.

I ran my tongue over my pierced lips as I sauntered up the walkway to the house.

"Where the fuck were you guys last weekend?" Meg McKinley demanded as I walked in the front door of her and Rev's house, the smell of cooking breakfast hit my nostrils the minute I breathed in. It was clear to me that she hadn't been awake to grill Rev when he got home from the tour last night.

I removed my coat and followed her into her kitchen. It quickly became obvious that I was the first one there.

Our family had a weird ritual. Every morning we all took turns hosting breakfast for everyone. Today it was Rev and Meg. Tomorrow, it was our good friends Matt Berry and his girlfriend Mara.

"We went to a celebrity party," I jumped straight to the point. There was no use beating around the bush with Meg.

"A celebrity party," she repeated as she set the table, "and you didn't remember that you have girls at home waiting for your calls?"

I grinned, and moved directly to her open kitchen window, lighting up a cigarette. She let me smoke in the house, as long as I was near an open window, "well baby, if I'd known you wanted me to call I would have," I winked.

That earned me her famous smile. The one no doubt Jimmy had fallen for. Speaking of the devil himself, Jimmy entered the kitchen almost on cue, "you would have what Vengeance?"

I was about to answer but Meg beat me to it.

"He was about to fuck your girlfriend because you wouldn't."

Rev rolled his eyes and laughed before sitting down at the table, he looked like he'd literally just rolled out of bed and walked downstairs. "Well sweet heart, if you didn't wear me out all the damn time, you wouldn't have to go in search of someone else."

Meg smirked as Ashleigh and Syn walked into the kitchen hand in hand with Johnny, Cristina, Matt Berry and Mara not far behind.

"Enough sex talk," Ashleigh laughed. She'd clearly heard the conversation from the living room, "I'm hungry."

"I agree," Cristina laughed, "sex talk at breakfast kinda makes me not hungry."

Johnny grinned cockily, "baby, you don't have a problem with sex in the morning."

Cristina smacked him in the arm and sat down while Johnny joined me for a smoke.

"Where are the others?" Mara asked casually as she took her normal spot at the table beside her boyfriend.

"Fucking no doubt," Syn grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and offered Matt one.

A quick glance at Mara caused Matt to shake his head, "no thanks man."

"You don't need one either," Meg tried to snatch the bottle of beer away from him but Syn held it up in the air. She was too short to reach it.

"Please Meg," Syn grinned knowing she'd give in.

"Fine," she tossed her hands in the air and continued about her work.

"Gates get me one too," Rev nodded towards him. The room quieted as the front door opened and closed.

"Are we too late?" Morgan's voice rang througout the house.

Soon she and Jason Berry entered the room along with Shadows and Emily.

"Nope," Syn grinned, "in fact, you're just in time for a beer."

Morgan wrinkled her nose, "no thanks," she continued her way to the table but Jason smiled.

"I'll have one."

"Thata boy," Syn smiled and handed him one, "Shadows? Emily?"

M. Shadows grinned and took the cold brown bottle from him, "thanks," his girlfriend Emily turned Syn down.

"Okay, now that you've handed out all my beer, get the hell out of my kitchen," Meg laughed as she tried to push him out.

"Geeez woman," Syn laughed, "of everyone here I think you're the one that needs a beer."

Meg rolled her eyes, "you too," she pointed at me and Johnny. We put our cigarettes out in the sink and headed to the table.

Everyone grabbed a seat and we chatted while we waited for Meg to throw the finishing touches on breakfast. It wasn't long before we were all dishing up.

"So who was at this celebrity party?" Emily asked quietly, "anyone worth bringing home?" she eyed me up.

Figures. These girls were amazing in their own right. But together...oh boy. Being the only single guy in the group they've been hell bent on becoming my match makers. Setting me up with girls left and right.

"I don't know about worth bringing home," Rev started, "but definately worth checking out again."

Everyone eyed me skeptically. I was sort of hoping this wouldn't come home with me, but I should have known better.

"Who?" Mara asked finally, unable to be kept in suspense.

"Bailey Jenson," Shadows smiled.

"Oh my god," Ashleigh nearly choked on her eggs, "the girl from highschool?"

"The one who broke your heart?" Meg asked.

"And used you mercilessly?" Morgan felt the need to join in on the bashing.

"She didn't use me," I defended her, "she just didn't give a shit about me."

"Same thing," Cristina muttered.

"She's now a playboy centerfold, and playmate of the year," Johnny continued the conversation which was quickly drowning the happiness at the breakfast table.

Emily rolled her eyes, "well gee, isn't that charming?"

I wasn't digging the topic. "Can we please change the subject?" I asked politely. Bailey was my past. And as far as I was concerned, it'd probably be better if she stayed there.

The table grew quiet.

"What are everyone's plans for today?" Ashleigh asked. Bless her heart.

*******************************************************************************************

"Sprinkles?"

"Just on those ones," I pointed to the furthest cluster of chocolate cupcakes on the bar counter in my kitchen.

Today Stephany and I were baking cupcakes and decorating them. But we were waiting on Terra still. Baking together was something we liked to do occasionally. And our concoctions quite often were devoured over a few nights of movies and drinks.

"Bailey!" Terra finally screamed into the kitchen scaring the hell out of Stephany and I. I'd buzzed her through the gate over ten minutes ago and we were starting to wonder what was taking her so long.

"Jesus woman, are you trying to give us a heartattack?" Stephany growled with her hand over her chest.

"Sorry," Terra dropped her purse on the counter top, "I just got off the phone with Jamie, and he said that Zacky, and Synyster, I think that was his name, anyway, he said that their little signing thing was today."

I perked up at the mention of Zacky's name. "Where is it at?" I asked, trying hard not to show my enthousiasm.

"Oh," she grabbed for her purse and dug through it for a moment before producing a torn piece of paper with an adress written on it, "he's fucking hot," Terra grinned and slid it across the counter top to me.

I picked it up and read over the adress, "you're a doll," I smiled up at her.

************************************************************************************************

The quicker I walked, the more awkward I felt. The slower I walked, the more nervous I got.

What was I going to say to Zacky? I really didn't have a clue.

Omar, my personal bodyguard, walked only a few paces behind me as we entered the music store. The line-up was insane. Guitars of all shapes and sizes lined the walls. Drum kits were set up near the back, and almost any other instrument you could think of could probably be found somewhere on the floor.

I ran my fingertips lightly over a red guitar. I'd always wanted to learn how to play. But Zacky claimed he never had the time, and that I'd have to cut my fingernails. It hurt then, but it something petty now.

"Ma'am, this way," Omar wanted to direct me around the large line-up of Avenged Sevenfold fans, but two other large men, dressed similar to Omar grabbed my other arm.

"The line up is this way, at the back."

I tried to protest but Omar did it for me, "I suggest you let go of my client," Soon the larger one was releasing my arm.

Omar looked me over before moving me behind him, "she's here to see a Zachary Baker."

"Mr. Baker is busy. All their other fans have to wait in line, and she will to."

"I can wait Omar," I whispered softly from behind him. The last thing I needed was for this confrontation to get any bigger. I'd attracted enough attention as it was.

"Holy shit dude, that's Bailey!"

I frowned. More attention than I'd realized.

"If you get out of my reach, I can't protect you," Omar warned me as a group of guys approached.

"Can we have your autograph?"

Omar glanced at me clearly looking for the go ahead. I nodded slightly and moved to stand beside him, "do you have a pen?" I asked them.

The tallest one produced a permanent black marker. I signed each of their shirts and we chatted for a moment. An hour and a few autographs later, security was going to help Zacky and Syn get out of the building. I must have made enough commotion with the security that Zacky glanced back and stopped.

I was hoping he'd recognize me.

"Wait a minute," he shook off his own security and approached me. I laughed as a group of screaming girls came running for him. We were causing a security nightmare.

"Let's go," Omar grabbed one of my hands and I clutched onto Zacky's wrist with my other hand. Smiling we hurried out of the building together under tight surveilance.

"Zack," Syn called over to him, "I'll see you tonight man."

He nodded and Syn climbed into his car and drove away.

"So what are you doing here?" Zacky asked me once we got to his and Syn's cars.

"I didn't get to really talk to you in Vegas," I fidgited with my hands, "and I heard about your signing today so I thought I'd come say hi."

He eyed me skeptically, no doubt wondering what my true intentions really were. I'll admit, I wasn't exactly trustable back then, and that's all he knew of me.

"Seriously," I tried to assure him, "do you like coffee, we could go grab some, maybe chat?" It was a long shot.

"I don't drink coffee remember?" he shifted his weight from one foot to another, "I worked at that damn coffee shop in highschool, and now I can't stand the shit."

Right. I knew that. I was kicking myself in the ass at this point.

"Oh, right," I tried to cover it up but it was useless, "alright, well, sorry to be taking up your time."

I was about to leave when I heard him sigh heavily, "Bailey."

I turned to look at him. He rubbed the back of his neck before locking eyes with me. "Just because I don't drink coffee doesn't mean we can't go grab something else."

My lips formed a soft smile, "okay."

"You driving?" he produced his car keys from his jeans pocket. I shook my head.

"No."

"Come on," he gestured to the passenger seat. I assured Omar everything was okay and he officially had the day off now.

I walked around the back of Zacky's shiny black car and waited for him to unlock the doors before climbing in beside him.

His car was clean inside. All black leather which was warm to the skin from absorbing the LA heat. And it smelled amazing. It had to be from him maybe spritzing cologne on.

"Where to?" he asked me as he turned the ignition over.

I reached for my seatbelt, "you're driving, go somewhere you like."

He smiled for the first time since he noticed me then reached for his seatbelt, "alright."

I glanced out the side window as he pulled out of the parking lot, and it hit me. This was the first time I'd ever been his passenger.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading