Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

TGIF

"Kat?" Skye asked hesitantly, biting her bottom lip.

"What's he doing here?" Kat whispered, her eyebrows raised.

The younger girl frowned "He came to see you! Come on Kat, you've only just made up with him, stop picking fights!"

"I'm not!" Kat exclaimed in a hushed tone "It's his own fault for taking some skanky girl home in front of my very eyes!"

"Just-"

"You not want to talk to me or something?"

The two girls froze - Skye mid-sentence - as Brian's voice cut through their fight. They both slowly turned their heads to see him leant casually in the doorway of the living room.

The old swooping sensation was back to cause havoc with Kat's insides as her baby blues locked with his deep chocolate eyes "I, uh-" Kat stated.

"That girl was a 'skank'?" He asked, raising one eyebrow with a amused smirk.

A blush slowly formed across Kat's cheekbones as she forced the words that were stuck in her throat out through her lips "Well...you...she..."

Brian chuckled "It's fine Kat," He reassured her with an eyeroll "It's not like I'm gunna be seeing her again," He added in amusement.

A disgusted look came to Kat's face as she pushed past him and headed into the living room "From now on, Brian Haner Jnr, I do not want to hear about whatever STD ridden chick you've slept with, kay?"

The smirk was back as he sat beside her on the couch "Awh, but who am I going to brag to?"

She rolled her eyes "Anyone but me yeah?"

*

Her neck felt stiff and painful as she wriggled around on her - all of a sudden - uncomfortable bed. She sighed as she allowed her eyes to flicker open - the timer on the DVD player telling her it was 4 in the morning.

Doing a double take she sighed, seeing that it was 4am on the DVD player meant only one thing; she had fallen asleep downstairs again.

"Kat? You awake?"

If she hadn't been before 'awake' definitely summed up Katherine Jacobs as his smooth, deep voice entered her ears. Turning onto her right side a small gasp passed through her lips as she came nose to nose with Brian.

"I take it that's a yes," He mumbled with a chuckle, his eyes half closed as his hand looped around her waist to ensure she didn't fall of the edge of the couch "I was just dreaming about you," He added in a husky whisper, using the arm around her waist to pull her closer.

She gulped, her throat suddenly feeling dry at the thought of being so close to him - their chests pressed against each other, their legs entwined.

Noticing the shaky breaths coming from her lungs he smiled sleepily, his hand travelling up from her waist to cup her face "Do I make you nervous?"

"I-" Before she could answer properly he shortened the space between them and pressed his mouth to her own, his lips parting hers in a breathtaking kiss as his and slid from her cheek to the back of her neck.

As fast as it had happened it stopped, a cocky smirk stretching across his tired features as Kay whimpered in protest "Get some sleep KitKat," He whispered, placing a kiss on her jawbone as he ran his fingers comfortingly through her hair.

Snuggling deep into his chest she finally let her eyelids win, allowing darkness to consume her.

*

"You're gunna do yourself some damage if you continue to fall asleep on that couch."

Kat groaned as her mom's voice cut through her sleep "I'm fine," She managed to mumble.

Lucy chuckled, rolling her eyes at her daughter's behaviour "What time did Brian leave last night?" She asked, pushing the living room curtains open "It's so nice to see you two friends again."

Last night...

Kat's eyelids sprung apart as she quickly sat up, her blue eyes doing a quick scan of the room "Is Brian not here?"

Lucy frowned and shook her head "I assumed he left last night love."

"Oh," The younger woman breathed, running a hand through her hair "I guess I just don't remember him leaving," She added, still able to feel his lips on hers she frowned - had it really happened or was her sub-concious playing tricks on her?

Noticing the red light on her Blackberry was flashing she picked it up from where it had dropped to the floor from her jeans pocket.

From: Brian :)
Sorry i left so early, we're having a band meeting today and you looked too adorable to wake. See you soon Bx


Her breath caught in her throat and her heart pounded so hard she thought it would actually break through her ribcage.

Brian Haner Jnr had kissed her.

Butterflies attacked her insides as she forced her wobbly legs to move, trying to motivate herself to take a shower and get ready for work.

"Don't be late honey," Lucy warned her, it still being her first week on the job sending her back to reality with a bump, she wanted to make a good impression on the management.

Her mind soon wandered once more, a pair of sparkling chocolate eyes distracted her for a second.

Thank God it's Friday...