‹ Prequel: Falling
Status: So, you've probably been wondering where I've been..I lost the next chapter I had written up and I suck at rewriting things. So I've been desperately searching for it. Sorry!

Your Tragic Fate

Chapter Three.

DARYK'S POV

“Owen we need to talk.” I said. I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to apologize for what I said. I had never meant to say those words. I was just scared and confused. I was 13. I wasn’t ready for something that big to happen.

“Okay.” He said.

“Can we talk some where-” I paused for a second. “Private.”

“My room?” he asked. I nodded. I followed him up the stairs. When we got in his room I shut the door.

"Owen, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I ever called you those words I-”

“If you were sorry you never would have said it.” I could tell he was getting mad. He was biting his lip.

“I was scared. Owen, don’t you understand?” I looked at him.

“No Daryk, I don’t understand! One little kiss scared you away! One little mistake.” He said the last part quietly. He thought it was a mistake.

“Yeah, Owen one little kiss did scared me away! It's not every day you get kissed by your best friend!” I yelled.

“Yeah well maybe you shouldn’t try to run away from everything all the time!” he yelled.

“Run away? RUN AWAY?! YOU THOUGHT I WAS RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU?” I
screamed.

“IT SURE SEEMED LIKE IT.” He screamed back.

“Owen I WENT to YOUR house LOOKING for YOU so I could APOLOGIZE! But guess what? YOU WEREN’T THERE OWEN! NOTHING WAS THERE! TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE THE ONE WHO RAN AWAY!” I was getting frustrated now.

“Well EXCUSE ME. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CAME A LITTLE SOONER. I NEEDED TO GET AWAY DARYK! I NEEDED SOME TIME ALONE. I WAS KINDA GOING THROUGH A LOT RIGHT THEN!” he screamed.

“AND YOU THINK I WASN’T?! MY BEST FRIEND HAD JUST KISSED ME! DID YOU EVER THINK THAT I NEEDED TIME TO BE ALONE AND THINK TOO! CAUSE I DID!”

“WELL I’M SORRY BUT DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT MY FATHER HAD JUST BEEN MURDERED!” he ranted

“Owen.” I said.

“DID IT ALSO OCCUR TO YOU THAT MY BEST FRIEND HAD WALKED OUT ON ME?”

“Owen!”

“DID IT ASLO OCCUR TO YOU THAT IT ALL HAPPENED IN ONE DAY?!” he screamed again.
I couldn’t take it anymore!

“YOU KNOW WHAT OWEN? MAYBE IF YOUWEREN’T SUCH A BITCH ALL THE TIME MAYBE WE COULD STILL BE FRIEND’S” It came out before I could stop it.

“Get out.” He said it calmly.

“Owen I-”

“Get out, Daryk.” He said louder.

“I-”

“JUST GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!” he screamed. I scrambled to get the door open. As I walked out Damien was going to walk in.

“Is everything alright?” he asked. “I heard a lot of screaming.”

“Yeah everything’s fine” he knew I was lying but he also knew not to press it further. I sat
down in the hallway and just stared.

**Daryk’s POV on the whole kiss scene. **

“Owen.” I said softly. He stopped his screaming and thrashing and turned around. I stepped closer to him then hesitantly put my arms around him. I didn’t want him to freak out again. When he put his head on my shoulders he was crying. I cried to. I cried for Owen, I cried for Jimmy. I cried for my family. When Owen pulled away I wasn’t expecting what he did. He kissed me. It was one of those ‘lips barely touched and it was over’ kind of kisses. When we did pull away our eyes were wide. I felt surprise, confused, but most of all scared.

“Daryk I-” he started.

“I-I-I should g-go.” I stuttered. I turned away to leave but he caught my arm.

“Wait, I didn’t mean to, I wasn’t thinking straight.” He said.

“You never think straight because you’re a fag.” Shit. What the fuck did I just do? Owen ran to his room. What have I done?

**3 days later after the kiss**

I had finally thought about that kiss. I wanted to tell Owen I was sorry. I wanted to tell him that I liked him too. When I got to his front door, I knocked. No one answered. That’s when I looked in the window. There was nothing in the house. I panicked. Owen was gone? This can’t be right. He needs to be here. I knocked louder. Nothing. I slid against the door and sat on the ground. Wishing that they would come back, I wanted to tell Owen I was sorry for acting they way I did, I wanted to hold him and tell him everything is going to be alright even though we knew it wouldn’t be. Why is everything going so wrong? Why isn’t anything going right? I hugged my knees and put my head on them. I cried. I cried for Owen, but most of all I cried for me. I stayed like that all night.

The next morning my mother pulled up in the drive way. I guess it had rained because she was crying and asking me if I was alright and saying that I was wet. I didn’t really notice because I was too numb to feel.
**END OF DARYK FLASHBACK**
Damien was still standing next to me. I reached out my hand so he could help me up. He followed me down stairs. Mom and dad looked tired. It had to be at least 7:00.

“Mom, can we leave now?” I asked.

“Sure honey.” She got up and so did dad. I led the way to the car.Owen’s POVI watched through my bedroom window as Zacky pulled away with Daryk in the backseat. Maggie was looking sadly at my mother who was standing in the driveway and waving bye. Daryk was staring out of the window. His face held an expression of pain and sadness. He never did hide his feelings well. He looked up to my window and his eyes met mine. I didn’t know why he hurt so much when I was the one dealing with all the hate he put on me. I looked down at my mother; I took away her best friends when she needed them most. I remember her before my dad died, when she was happy.

*Flashback*

I was five, my favorite toy on the playground was the monkey bars, but I couldn’t reach them yet so my mommy had to pick me up to put me on them.

“Mommy, Mommy!” I laughed. “Again, again!” She picked me up and watched go across them. She called me her little monkey. I saw her smile at me when I jumped down and went ta-da. I ran over to Daryk who was playing on the slide.

“Did you see me?” I asked him.

“Yeah, you did good. Now watch me!” He said sliding down the slide and jumping off really fast.

“Wow, I wish I could do that,” I said gaping at him. “I always fall off,”

“’l will teach you, come on,” Daryk said excited. I looked over at my mom; she smiled at me and told me to go ahead.

“Okay,” I said. Daryk climbed up the stairs first.

“You grab these sides see,” I watched him do it. “Then when you get to the bottom you push off and jump. I’ll do it then come back up and help you,” Daryk pushed off and when he got to the bottom he jumped and landed on his feet. He ran around and climbed back up the stairs.

“Sit down,” I did. “Put your hands here,” I did. “Now make sure when you get to the bottom
you push off and jump, okay?” I nodded. “Go,” He gave me a little push. When I got to the bottom I fell. He came down.

“That’s okay, we’ll try again,” He said and we did until I got it right. My mom watched me all day and when I did she said she was proud of me.
**********************************************************************************
I was 9 and 1/4. I had just gotten home from school. I had a question to ask my mom and dad.

“Mom, Dad?” I yelled to see where they were.

“Down here,” My mom screamed. I went down to the basement where my dad’s studio was.

“Mom, Dad, can I ask you a question?” I asked sitting down next to my mom on the couch looking at my dad sitting at his drum set.

“Sure, honey, you can ask us anything,” My mom said to me.

“Why aren’t you married? Most parents are married, my teachers getting married. Maggie and Zacky are married. Tricia and Johnny, Brian and Alex, Matt and Val, everyone is married but you and you have been together the longest right? So why aren’t you married?” I asked. They looked at each other bewildered.

“Well, we never had any reason too,” Dad said looking at my mother.

“Do you have a reason now?” I asked.

“Yeah, I guess we do,” Dad said smiling.

“What?” I asked looking up at my mom.

“You,” She said getting up and walking over to my dad. She kissed him. I covered my eyes.

“Ewwwwwww,” I said grossed out.

“What?” My dad said.

“You’re kissing,” I said.

“So?” Mom said.

“Girls have cooties,” I said.

“Even Mom?” Dad asked. I nodded.

“Fine,” Dad said.

“What?” Mom said.

“You have cooties, so I can’t marry you anymore,” dad said. My mouth dropped.

“Why?” I asked.

“I can’t marry someone who has cooties,” He said. I ran over to mom.

“Mom doesn’t have cooties anymore, I cured her!” I said.

“Are you sure?” dad said eyeing mom cautiously.

“Yup, I have the magical antidote,” I said holding my chin up.

“What is it?” Dad said.

“I can’t tell you, it’s a secret” I said walking up the stairs.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()

I was 9 ¾. It was Halloween. My favorite holiday because of the candy, but when I went trick or treating tonight, Brian was taking me, because today was special. I looked at the suit I was in. Daryk had already told the bow tie was okay but I was still nervous. I looked at my mom in the long white wedding dress she was wearing. She looked so happy. I was happy too. My parents were getting married today. I heard music start to play. I had to go down the isle first. I was walking next to Daryk.

“It’s time to go boys,” My mom told me. Some guys opened the doors and I looked at Daryk.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Yeah, you?” He said back.

“Nope,” I said.

“Okay, we’ll do it together,” he said. I nodded. We started walking down the isle. We were ring bearers. Next came Damien and Lexie. Then Zacky and Maggie, then Brian walked my mom down the isle. Everyone else was sitting in the front row. My mom was crying when she got to my dad. So I went up to her and tugged a little on her dress.

“Mom, why are you crying?” I asked.

“Because I’m so happy baby, go back next to Daryk,” She said.

“Okay,” I said and went back. Brian kissed her on the forehead and said something about giving her away. I didn’t really understand it. I didn’t listen to the rest of the ceremony really just when my dad asked me for the ring which I gave to him. Then they kissed and everyone cheered. My mom looked really happy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*End of Flashback* -xloser4lyfx6
I walked down stairs and looked around for my mom. She was in the living room staring at a picture of her and my dad at their wedding.

“Mom?” she jumped. “Sorry,”

“It’s okay,” She said putting the picture down.

“I’m sorry for making you leave them,” I said watching her face.

“What are you talking about?” she said confused. I looked down at the picture and ran my
fingers across dad’s face.

“When dad died, I didn’t let you grieve, I made you leave your friends and be alone, I never thought of how you would feel, you ran away with me, from Maggie, Brian, everyone.” I said a tear coming down my cheek.

“Oh, monkey, it’s not your fault,” she said taking me up in her arms. I cried harder when she called me monkey, she hadn’t since dad died. “I needed to leave to, truth is I was barely ready for them today, but it’s good to have them back.” She said patting down my hair.

“Most of them,” I muttered.

“Oh, Owen, you and Daryk will get through this, you have to,” she said.

“I don’t know mom, we got into a fight tonight, and his opinion didn’t seem to change at all,” I told her.

“There was a time when you two couldn’t be separated. You used scream and cry when you were apart. Now it’s what you do when you’re together. What happened to you two?” Brian said from behind me.

“Mom, where is dad’s old drum set?”I asked. She looked at me with wide eyes.

“In the garage,” She said quietly, almost inaudibly. “Why?”

“I think I want to use it,” I said. I stood up and walked past Brian, who was wide eyed. I went through the kitchen to the garage. There were Avenged boxes lined up against a wall. I took one down and carefully opened it. I took out the drum. I did that repeatedly with all the pieces until it was all together. I went back into the house. My mom was still in the living room with Brian and Alex. I walked past them and went up to my room. I went into the bottom drawer of my dresser and pulled it out of the dresser, then set it on the floor. I grabbed a long back box from in the space under the dresser. I walked back downstairs and through the living room.

“What is that?” My mom asked.

“Nothing,” I said as I kept walking.

“No,” I heard Brian whisper. “It can’t be,”

“What?” My mom said. I walked through the kitchen and into the garage. I sat on the stool, and opened the case. I pulled out the long narrow sticks. They were my dad’s custom made sticks. He gave them to me the night before he died. He said that if I was ever stuck and needed him, to pull them out and play what I feel. I let the stick hover over the drum as I felt the smooth wood between my fingertips. I took a deep breath. One beat. Pause. Two beats. Pause. Two beats, cylinder. Pause. Base drum, cylinder, three beats. Then I let it out. I played what I felt. No one ever knew how much I kept in. I was banging on the drums so hard I thought they would fall apart. I played ‘Afterlife’, as well as I could manage. Then I played whatever came to mind. Any Avenged Sevenfold song I could think of. I felt a hand on my shoulder and my body parts froze. The tears had been streaming down my face since I had started playing. I looked up at Brian.

“Come on Owen,” He said.

“No, I can’t leave,” I said holding onto the drum. “They won’t be here when I come back,”

“Yes, they will, I’ll make sure of it,” He said nodding. I sighed. I picked up my black case and walked with him back inside the house. He sat me on the couch. I carefully put the sticks back in the case.

“I never knew you had those,” he said.

“Dad gave them to me the night before he died,” I whispered. “I’ve hid them since,”

“He would be proud of you, you’re really good,” He said.

“Maybe,” I said wiping the tears from my face. I was clutching them dearly. “I think I’m going to go to bed now,” I kissed my mom on the cheek and said night before going to my room. I put the sticks back in the space between the floor and the drawer. Put the drawer back then climbed into bed. I was exhausted surprisingly. All my energy had been drained into those drums.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one for tonight.
School starts in two days.

I'm going to try to do song of the chapters every time but they probably won't relate to the chapter at all.

Song of the chapter is: Take It Off - Keysha. It's just what's playing in my bedroom.