I Found Myself Falling...Not For the Right Thing Either

Chapter 19

"Close your eyes." I frowned at the request, but closed my eyes anyway. I felt Kent lean forward and place a box in my hands. I opened an eye, but he frowned and shook his head.

"Fine." I laughed, closing my eye once again.

It was the second week of November and the 10th was my birthday. I didn't want a party, but Katie, James and Kent worked with Craig and Ian, along with Jared too, to create a huge party for Jake and I. I wasn't expecting it, but when I had gotten home from breakfast this morning with my mother and Jake we were bombarded with 'Surprise's!

I was eager to see what Kent had gotten me no matter how much I tried not to. I didn't want to be greedy, but when you get gifts it's a really great feeling.

"Alright, you can open them." My eyes shot open and came in contact with two shining ruby hearts. My mouth dropped in awe.

"Kent..." Before I could continue he cut me off.

"They weren't much. I promise." My eyes narrowed, but his smile made me buy his lie.

"Well, I love them. Thank you so much." I pulled him into a deep kiss letting my emotions show him how much I loved the earrings.

Before I knew it we were both out of breath and my back was pressed up against couch we were sitting on.

"Wow. Someone's getting lucky tonight." My eyes shot daggers at the person those words had come from. Craig was smirking at us. When he saw my glare his smirk widened. "Don't mind me. Just keep going." I gagged at his perverted mind and sat up causing Kent to sit up as well. "Awe, well that's no fun." I set the box of earrings on the table as I pulled the studs out of my ears and picked up the beautiful hearts.

"Craig, what do you want?" Kent asked a little annoyed.

"Eh I was just coming to find the birthday girl, but I guess she was already getting her present." I rolled my eyes and turned to Kent to show him the earrings.

"Very pretty." He told me, pecking my lips lightly so that it wouldn't turn into what just happened.

"Wow even a peck and you two kiss more than you and I did." I gasped at the words that had just left Craig's lips.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kent asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Well when Rae and I-" His sentence ended halfway and my jaw dropped. Kent's eyes flickered over to mine and my heart literally skipped a beat. I hadn't told Kent at all. I made it seem like it was nothing and pushed it away.

"What is he talking about?" Kent asked. My eyes dropped, looking at my hands. Kent's expression made this harder than it should've been.

"Uh, we ugh-"

"Kissed." Craig finished for me. "Didn't she tell you?" I closed my eyes tightly. I could tell that Kent had gotten up by the way the couch had shifted my body.

"When was this?" I bit my lip. I couldn't think of the right words to say that would make this seem harmless, which it was.

"When we went to the beach." Craig answered his voice less confident then it was when he had walked in.

There was a silence in the room and I couldn't get up the courage to open my eyes and see if Kent was still there, but after a few seconds I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"He's gone." Craig said, his words soft, but anger filled me.

"What the hell?!" I snapped shoving his hand away from me.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped back. "You were supposed to tell him! What happened to that?"

"I had forgotten!" I shot up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Everyone was out back and by now were probably wondering where I was, but I didn't care.

"Well forgetting wasn't much of an excuse." I turned around and glared hard at Craig as he followed me into the kitchen.

"Well thanks to you no matter how I explain it now nothing will make it better." I gripped the counter and sighed. "I'm so stupid." I mumbled to myself. A soft pressure met my shoulder and I stood up straight.

"You're not stupid." Craig muttered back.

"Easy for you to say, you weren't the one who totally lied to your boyfriend just now." Craig softly chuckled.

"He'll get over it. It'll be fine in a little while." I shook my head.

"Kent's not one of your hoes. He's not going to forgive me easily and then jump in bed with me." I muttered, looking out the window at our friends in the back yard.

"Hey you know Liz's your friend." Craig defended.

"Used to be, but if you'll excuse me I think I'll go join the rest of the party." Craig just nodded as I walked off and into the hallway. I wasn't in a mood to party, but they threw it for Jake and I so I felt that the least I could do was enjoy it even if I wasn't in the greatest of moods.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already had this done, but took me a bit to upload it. :3 sorry for the hold-up!