Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 14

“He looked absolutely gorgeous!” I gushed.

“What hair color did he have?” Reina asked.

“Blonde. Oh my god he was hot.” I continued to say.

“It sounds like he’s amazing.” I laughed.

“Oh he is.” Lindsay rolled her eyes.

“How do I know you’re not lying?” She asked. I frowned.

“Why would I make up some random guy and a story to go along with it unless it was true?” I asked back.

“True.” She said picking a piece of popcorn and tossing it into her mouth. “He just seems too good to be true.”

“Tell me about it.” I said picking up some popcorn too. “Oh! I forgot! His name is Alec!”

The movie had ended and we were just sitting around talking. Reina was actually really easy to talk to and even though Lindsay was cautious about her at first she warmed up to her quickly.

“It sounds like someone has a crush.” Lindsay teased. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Hayden falling for some guy… Now that’s funny.” I wanted to laugh at Reina’s comment, but my ego at this school made it seem like I never fell for any guy no matter how much he tried.

“Yeah…” Lindsay tried to laugh, but you could tell it was forced. Reina looked down at her hands in her lap. We sat in quiet for a few minutes before Reina spoke again.

“Was his accent really that sexy?” At that question I laughed.

“Oh yeah.”

__________________________________________________

The night went on and we played a few games and watched another movie, but we were all bored by the time 11:00 rolled around. We had no other ideas of what to do or talk about. It felt like we had done and discussed everything even though we really didn’t.

“Want to get ice cream or something?” Lindsay suggested. Reina and I exchanged glances before shrugging.

“Nah.” I muttered. I slid my hand across the coffee table and grabbed onto the remote. I pressed a few buttons and a TV guide appeared on the screen. My eyes scanned the list, but nothing good came up so I closed it down. I fell back against the couch and sighed. “Some fun night.” I mumbled.

“It’s better than my Friday nights.” Reina answered to me. I felt bad. I didn’t know what she did at home or after school, but by the sound of her voice and by how kids treated her it didn’t sound the greatest. A ringing came across my hearing and I looked over at Lindsay.

“Sorry, I’ll just be a second.” I watched her figure disappear around a bend in the hall and I turned my vision back to Reina who was slouched up against the couch.

“Can I ask why you were so upset this morning?” Reina whispered.

“It was nothing.” I tried to tell her, looking down. I still didn’t want to talk about it, but when I looked up to see her gazing down at me in confusion I gave up. “It’s very complicated so you probably wouldn’t understand.” Her eyebrows rose as she leaned back and crossed her arms.

“Try me.” I bit my lip trying to think of an easier way to put it, but nothing really came to my mind. I knew that she would get lost in the whole explanation just like others had.

“It’s really confusing, but here I go…”

I told her the whole story, from when Kyle came to my first school to my bad memories with the girls. It progressed into how my mother had died and he wasn’t there for me. I continued and by then the words were just flowing. They came out with ease and each time I stopped to catch my breath or to think Reina was still listening.

It was easy to talk to Reina about this. I had no clue why, but it just was and when the end rolled around and I finished with how he had acted yesterday and why I was so mad this morning she totally understood it all. Not to the point where she knew how I felt or how it was, but she understood my situation and everything around me.

“I know how it is to just totally be ignored and have everything around feel like it’s all going wrong.” I dabbed my eye that had formed tears from the second my mom was brought up. I went to object like I had to everyone else for they really didn’t know when Reina cut me off. “I don’t totally know how it feels to be betrayed by someone who you thought was someone else, but I do know how it feels to lose a loved one and those who you feel closest too.”

I wanted to say something, but my words were caught in my throat for I didn’t know how to feel. Just in the past weeks everything I had thought I had buried and put behind me had come up in one huge event after the other. It sucked not to be understood completely and telling the story time after time stunk, but this time it felt good to be understood.

“Hey sorry for that guys, my mom had no clue where I was.” I wiped the last tears from my eyes as Lindsay walked in and I laughed at her explanation. Her mother always forgot things like that. “So do you guys want to go out dancing?” Lindsay suggested jumping on the couch with the biggest grin on her face.

“Um, I don’t think that’s such a good idea.” Reina mumbled. Lindsay frowned.

“Aw come on Reina! It’ll be fun! Trust me!” Reina’s eyes looked at me and I nodded.

“Sounds great Linds.” Lindsay cheered with glee and pulled us both off the couch so we could go upstairs and get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late... like usual. :/