Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 15

“That was so much fun!” Lindsay laughed, still dancing even though we were walking into my house.

“That actually was.” Reina agreed. It was weird seeing Reina have so much fun even though she wouldn’t normally go dancing on a Friday night.

“Where’s your family?” Lindsay asked as I turned on the lights and pulled my heels off.

“New Jersey. My dad took Chris to go visit my cousin’s Hannah and Ralph.” Lindsay nodded, but Reina looked confused. “What?” I asked.

“Your dad leaves you home alone for weekends?” I nodded.

“Yeah, why?” Reina’s jaw dropped.

“Hell would freeze over before my parents would let me stay home alone for a whole weekend.” I didn’t realize it until now, but I was probably the only kid who would be left home alone for a whole weekend. Lindsay’s parents wouldn’t even dare to do it and nobody else would either.

“Dude, what time is it?” Lindsay asked, landing on the couch.

“One o’clock in the morning.” Reina answered her taking off her shoes. We tried to give her heels, but she refused. She finally allowed us to give her a dress to wear though and curl her hair. She looked really pretty when we added just a little make-up.

“Ugh, I’m so tired from dancing!” Lindsay complained, rubbing her temples.

“It’s only one!” I cheered loudly in her ear. She groaned in response.

“Yeah one is my limit.” She moaned, closing her eyes and rolling over.

“Same here.” Reina agreed falling back onto the leather sofa.

“You guys are no fun.” I pouted.

“We were just dancing for almost two hours.” Reina informed us.

“We’ve gone dancing for longer.” I told Lindsay. She just waved me off and rolled over.

“You might want to take off your shoes.” Reina said, pointing to the heels still on Lindsay’s feet.

“Nah, too tired.” She said once again, not moving.

“What if I said there was a party we could go to?” I lied, but it caught Lindsay’s attention.

“There’s no parties going on tonight.” She said, narrowing her eyes.

“Ugh, yeah there is.” I lied again, glancing over at Reina. She just looked away. If there was a party should wouldn’t even know about it.

“Oh shit!” We both jumped at Lindsay’s sudden words.

“What?” Both Reina and I asked.

“I forgot about Alex’s party!”

“You mean there’s actually a party tonight?” Lindsay sat up and nodded.

“Yeah, isn’t that the one you’re talking about?” I glanced over at Reina and she laughed.

“I think she was just trying to get you up.” I shrugged.

“Well, I wasn’t totally lying, I mean there is a party tonight. Do you think it’s still going on?” I asked. Lindsay shrugged.

“I’ll text Alex now.”

__________________________________________________

We waited awhile and as soon as Alex texted Lindsay back saying that the party was still going strong we rushed out the door and into my car along with Reina to head to the party. This was going to be Reina’s first high school party so we tried

“Don’t take a drink that’s already opened or in a cup kind of thing.” I warned.

“Why?” Reina asked. I chuckled at how naïve she was.

“Someone could slip you something.” Lindsay explained.

“That’s horrible!” Reina gasped. I laughed again.

“This world is sick.” I told her. “They do outrageous things to people.” I don’t think she could wrap her head around everything we were throwing at her, but it was to keep her from getting hurt. We had just met her, but it felt like we knew her for awhile, we just got along so well.

“Alright, but won’t you guys be around to help me out?” Lindsay and I exchanged glances.

“Alex is Lindsay’s boyfriend and if they want to… you know.” Before I could finish Lindsay cut me off.

“Hey! I’m not a slut!” We both started laughing.

“I was going to say watch TV in his room! Gosh, you jump to conclusions too easily.” She rolled her eyes at me as we came around the corner and onto Alex’s street. Cars were lining the road so I parked farther away then others just in case we had to leave in a hurry and that way no other cars would be in our way.

“Won’t you be there Hayden?” Lindsay nodded.

“She will be, but in case she’s got someone after her…” She trailed off, smiling. I smacked her.

“I’m not a slut either.” Dark memories flashed through my mind, but I tried to push it away.

“Alright, I think I’ve got everything down.” I smiled and unclipped my seatbelt.

“Good. We’ll be there at first, but just in case we do get split apart, just be careful.” Reina nodded.

“I’ll try.” We all got out of the car and could hear the music from the party. It was playing quite loudly that you could probably hear it from a few blocks away. I was quite surprised that it was still going on and nobody had called the police for the loudness of it. We were just getting there and so were others as they pulled up ahead of us and got out to join the party.

“Ouch.” Reina muttered behind us. Lindsay sent me a worried look.

“You don’t have to wear those you know.” I informed her. “You can put your flats back on.” Reina shook her head.

“No, I’m okay. They’re okay.” She was determined to wear them, but I didn’t know why. Lindsay and I exchanged glances once again. We both knew if she wouldn’t take them off soon or be able to walk in them right, she’d wake up tomorrow morning with blisters all over her feet.

“You sure?” I tried again. She nodded, but this time she pulled her back up straight and started walking again, but better.

“You made it!” We all looked towards the front door of the large house to find Alex with a beer in hand and guests around him.

“Of course!” Lindsay said, running up to go and greet him.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I told him. He nodded, but everyone behind him looked behind me.

“Who’s that?” I looked back to see Reina, squirming under everyone’s gaze. I tried to give her a comforting smile to calm her down. I watched her take a deep breath before replying to the guy that asked who she was.

“Reina.” She told them, her back pulled up straight and seeming proud of her name.

“That nerdy girl?” Someone whispered.

“I think so…” Another mumbled.

“At least she is smart enough to actually pass the grade.” I muttered as we walked into the house. Music was blaring even louder inside than it was outside. Reina was close behind me as we zigzagged in between couples dancing and making out. I couldn’t help, but laugh at Reina’s face. “You’ll get used to it.” I explained. She nodded, but couldn’t help, but stare at all of the drunken teens around the house.

“Hayden Jones!” I looked up to see who had called my name out and when I saw Seth I ran up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “How you doing babe?”

“Pretty good and how are you?” I asked taking his beer and sipping from it.

“Amazing, now that you’re here.” He whispered in my ear. Goosebumps started to form across my neck.

“Well that’s good.” I replied, putting his beer back in his hand and walking away, pulling Reina with me.

“What was that?” She asked.

“What was what?” I asked back.

“You told a swing from an open beer.”

“It was only Seth.” Then I remembered what I told her. “Okay, I did what I told you not too, but trust me when I say this… I’ve had everything I told you happen to me before so just don’t do them. I sniffed Seth’s drink before I drank from it anyway.” Her lips formed an ‘o’ as she nodded.

“Gotcha.” I smiled.

“Good, now come on. I know those shoes have got to be killing you so let’s sit down.” We both walked out back, still pushing passed people.

“Hey who’s that?” Someone asked over the music.

“Reina Livingston.” I told them. Reina smiled at them and surprisingly they smiled back. Maybe it was because they were drunk or maybe because they just didn’t mind her. We made our way to the pool and I pulled my heels off, dipping my feet into the cold water. It felt good and as I leaned back, Reina plunged her feet into the water as well. “Feels good, doesn’t it?” She nodded.

“Oh yeah.” We both chuckled and let the cold water numb our aching feet.

“Hay!” At first I thought someone was just greeting us then when I noticed Ryan sit down next to me, I realized he was calling me and not just saying ‘hey’.

“That’s for horses.” I told him, giving him a kiss on the cheek as well.

“Well then you’re horse food.” He said giving me a hug. “Wow, I haven’t seen you in like forever!” He exclaimed.

“I know.” I agreed. I felt Reina splash some water against my feet and I laughed. “And this is Reina.” I told him. He looked behind me and nodded towards Reina.

“I know who Reina is. We were English partners.” I looked at Reina and she nodded in agreement.

“Oh, well then no need for introductions.” I pushed myself up. “You two talk and I’ll be right back. Ryan watch her for me, it’s her first party.” Ryan winked as if he understood and I started back into the house. I was on a mission and I knew he’d be here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy the chapter! :) I know it's been a while so I made this one longer than the last one.