A Cherry Sunset

Goodbyes + Attitudes

My stomach dropped as I threw my bag into the van. Six and half weeks went by too fast for my liking. I sighed and slammed the door.

“Are you going to throw a pity party the whole way home?” Victoria arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

“No.” I pouted and slipped on my sunglasses.

“Right, I’ll believe that when you stop fucking frowning.” I put on a fake smile and she rolled her eyes. “Go say bye to your boyfriend so we can hit the road.”

I glanced at the bus parked about twenty or so feet away. “Rip it like a band aid.” I muttered and headed for the bus door. Victoria got into the van as I knocked. Matt answered.

“Ello Emileh.” He sleepily grinned. “Wha’ can I do fer yeh?”

“Oliver, please.” I smiled and he nodded. He disappeared back into the bus and I sighed again. The smile fell from my face as I turned and leaned against the bus. I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

The bus door opened again. The corners of my mouth quirked up as I listened to his footsteps. He chuckled and I could feel his body heat as he stepped closer. I opened and raised my eyes to his. My stomach flipped and I smiled, a real smile this time.

“Hey.” It came out just barely above a whisper as he leaned down. Oliver smirked as he brushed his lips against mine. I giggled and threw my arms around his neck.

“Ello loveleh.” He greeted smugly and finally kissed me firmly. His hands settled on my hips and his thumbs sneaked under my shirt to rub the skin there I pulled away first.

“Will you call me when your plane lands?” It tore me apart on the inside to ask. It made the fact that we were leaving real.

Oliver kissed me quickly. “Course.” He mumbled as he pulled my body against his. His arms were tight around my middle and I buried my face in his neck.

“I’ll miss you.” I felt vulnerable as I muttered the words into the fabric of his shirt.

“I’ll miss yeh, teh.” Oliver kissed my temple and I smiled.

“Don’t hit on any cute British girls.” I teased as I tipped my head back to see those melting brown eyes.

“Don’t fall for any charmin’ ‘Merican lad.” I giggled and he squeezed my hips.

“Promise.” I agreed and moved my hands to his neck, pulling him down to kiss me again. My fingers laced in his soft hair and he picked me up so that my toes just barely skimmed the ground.

Victoria honked the horn obnoxiously behind me, popping the little blissful bubble Oliver and I had been in. I sighed as he set me back down. “I think tha’s for yeh.” He chuckled and let me go. I didn’t want to be out of his arms just yet. Band aid, Emily! He’s just a band aid! I frowned.

“Yeah, I better go.” I took a step back and raised my hand. “Bye, Oli.” He smiled.

“Bye Em.” I took a mental picture, trying to etch everything about him into my brain. His small, sad, crooked smile, his hands stuffed in his pockets, his bare feet. Everything I could soak in before I had to turn. “Emileh!” My heartbeat stuttered as my fingers grazed the door handle. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him, looking gorgeous as ever. He smirked. “Drive safe!”

I laughed and nodded before getting into the van. I didn’t look back again. I stared straight and clutched my phone as Victoria drove out of the parking lot.

“You alright, Em?” Victoria asked worriedly and glanced over at met.

“Fucking fine and dandy.” I muttered and leaned against the window. “Wake me when we reach a Starbucks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
it's been a while, hasn't it? well, this is the official start of yet another sequel. I only have a few chapters pre-written but I've got the whole thing planned so I guess that makes up for it some. anyway, I hope you all enjoy this lovely dose of Oliver cause you won't be seeing him for a while.
give me some constructive critisim : ) tell me one thing you loved and one thing you hated in the comments;
xooxEmber

and just in case you forgot ... this is what Emily looks like and this is what Victoria looks like. I hope you all know what Oliver and Matt look like ; ) cheers to a new start!