‹ Prequel: Little Secrets
Sequel: Little Laughs

Little Memories

That night was like their kiss goodbye to the summer; one that was rife with wondeful memories.

“We’re going to be extremely sore tomorrow, you know,” Charlotte breathed through a sigh as she laid back on her bed with Draco. She was talking about the extensive flying they had done all afternoon, tossing a Quaffle back and forth over the white-capped Irish seas below the cottage. Thankfully, there was no one around to see the three teenagers flying around, diving for the rust colored ball, and laughing as they nearly slipped from the old, slow broomsticks. Shooting Stars couldn’t compare to the Firebolt that both Draco and Gregory had and the custom broom that Charlotte cherished.

“Yeah…I know. I’m not looking forward to it,” he mumbled, his brow knitting slightly. “Do you think you could brew a potion for it?” Charlotte let out a small laugh and shook her head, before resting it against Draco’s shoulder. She had just gotten out of the bath, so her skin was warm, slightly damp, and tinged pink. She hadn’t washed her hair, so it lay over her shoulders in soft waves from the single pleat she had worn it in while she played Quidditch.

The room fell silent as the two sat in Charlotte’s warm, fluffy bed, their arms wrapped loosely around one another. A single candle sat flickering on the beside table closest to Charlotte. Draco was in just a pair of dark green, nearly black pajama pants, his white-blonde hair mussed from the wind whipping through it. Charlotte was wearing a thin, nearly sheer, and baggy cotton tank top and a pair of boy-cut underwear. The silence was interrupted by a loud snore from the living room, letting the two of them know that Gregory was fast asleep. Then there was the soft splash of raindrops against the windows in Charlotte’s room and bathroom.

“We start school in a day or two,” he said softly, biting his bottom lip before looking over at Charlotte. She merely hummed lowly in response, looking toward the bookshelves in her room with an unreadable emotion in her eyes. Draco watched her for a few moments, trying to think of something else to say to bring her out of whatever deep thoughts she was having. “I never thought my last year would come, you know? Like I’d just be going there for the rest of my life…failing every Divination’s exam and making Potter’s life Hell.” Charlotte still didn’t look over at Draco, she just stared ahead as she bit in her lips. He sighed heavily and placed a hand on her cheek, gently turning her to face him.

“What’s wrong? Normally, you have so much to say about things,” he said softly, staring hard into her eyes. Charlotte stared at him for a few moments before relinquishing her teeth’s grip on her lips.

“I know this will sound stupid to you…and that you’re going to tell me to ignore it all…” She began, but her throat clenched up at the thoughts she was having and tears burned her eyes.

“Still…I want to know,” Draco pried gently, wondering what was making her so upset. Charlotte’s nose had tinged a bright red and tears rolled down her cheeks.

“They all know what I am now,” she breathed, shaking her head slowly. Draco suddenly realized why she had gone quiet before. He nodded slowly, silently telling her to continue. “They’re going to wonder why I’m allowed back…or…” Her voice died off as she shook her head again. “They know I’m a murderer now…and they’ll all talk about how they never expected it to be me. They’ll all talk about the evil thing that I am and wonder if I had anything to do with Dumbledore’s death.” She sighed heavily and looked away, wiping her tears away as she collected herself slowly. “I love Hogwarts. You know that…but going back there isn’t going to be…pleasant.”

“I know the truth. Your brother knows the truth. The new Headmaster knows the truth,” Draco said softly. “To be honest, I don’t think anyone will bother you.” Charlotte’s head snapped in his direction as her eyes stung on the brink of tears again.

“Because they’ll be afraid of me,” she hissed through clenched teeth. “And not for stupid reasons like me setting off dung bombs or hexing them. No, they’ll think I’ll murder them like the rest if they say anything to me.”

The two of them fell silent as Charlotte turned back to the bookshelves in front of her. A few stray tears fell from her eyes and she quickly wiped them again, but Draco saw. Finally, he looked away from her, enveloped in his own thoughts. He wondered if he’d be guilty by associating with Charlotte, or if anyone noticed his absence from the school after Dumbledore died or the day of his funeral. He could care less what anyone else thought of him, but he knew that it’d bother Charlotte if people suspected him of being a Death Eater and treated him differently for it.

Charlotte slowly looked up and let her eyes trace Draco’s profile; the worried crease between his brows and the slight downturn of his pleasantly shaped lips. He was staring at the baby grand piano in the corner of Charlotte’s room, but his eyes slowly slid to the girl watching him. His steely blue eyes cut into hers and they sat there as the rain fell against the window. He noticed that concern was wrought on her delicately strong features. Her eyes fell to his lips as she licked her own, before looking back up and across his features, taking in the handsomely tortured boy before her.

Her lips parted slowly as he suddenly leaned forward and covered her lips with his own, his hands sliding to her ribcage and pulling her flush against his body. Her hands went to the sides of his neck as she sighed heavily through her nose. It had been a while since they had been alone and kissed and it made it realize just how much she missed it. Slowly and carefully, she lifted herself from her spot on the bed and straddled Draco’s legs, her bare thighs brushing teasingly against his through the thin fabric pants he wore. It sent delicious tinges through him and he let out a low sound from his throat. That noise alone caused Charlotte to press herself flush against him.

They pulled apart just enough so they could get air. Their lips were a short movement away, should they decide to connect them again. They looked at each other, breathing heavily. Charlotte’s fingertips gently slid through Draco’s hair, her warm breath splashing against his still tingling lips. Draco felt completely intoxicated from their kisses and he was certain that the glorious girl that was pressed against him was part Veela. His hands, which had ventured up her top yet were clutching her ribs gently, shook slightly. Her half-lidded eyes slowly wandered his face, in disbelief of how lucky she was to have Draco.

“I love you,” she said simply, letting her hands slide from his hair, down the sides of his neck and resting against his smooth chest.

“I love you more,” he replied before leaning forward and captured her lips with his. Her fingertips gently gripped his chest as she kissed him back with the same amount of fervor. As they continued to kiss, Charlotte’s hands crept closer to the top of Draco’s pajama pants, his hands pushed up her top until they had to detach to pull the shirt over her head. For a few moments, Draco looked down slowly over her body. It seemed her skin was glowing, calling him to press his bare skin against it. He leaned forward and left a trail of soft kisses across her collarbone as his hands drifted like a ghost over her exposed form.

Charlotte let out a soft sigh, tilting her head back as she pressed closer to him. Her arms wrapped around his naked torso and her hands spread out across his back, gripping into the supple muscles there. He continued an assault of kisses across her neck, jaw, the tops of her shoulders, and collarbones. She was in heaven and would have loved to live in the moment forever. Draco slowly sat up, placing his hands on the tops of Charlotte’s bare thighs yet not removing his lips from her skin. Gently, he laid her on her back and finally his chest came flush with hers. Shockwaves ran through every inch of their bodies, causing frantic gasps to fly past their swollen, red lips.

They spent the majority of their night, not sleeping, but making love. When they woke the next morning, they were exhausted and Gregory could tell that something had happened the night before and wouldn’t look at them. However, Charlotte and Draco wouldn’t have changed a thing. They knew what the school year held for them and knew that their alone time would be sparse. That night was like their kiss goodbye to the summer; one that had many events they would never want to occur again, but many other wonderful memories they’d cherish.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a long overdue chapter. Or it at least feels like it. Last Wednesday, I had family over for the holidays so I didn't have much time to write. And I've had a pretty eventfully, horrible beginning to the New Year, so I'm surprised this got out.

I would like to thank THxFan, SilenceOfStars, Hannah Monique;;,starbella, and flipbooks for commenting on the last chapter.

Love,
Bree