‹ Prequel: Little Secrets
Sequel: Little Laughs

Little Memories

"The world shrieks and sinks talons into our hearts. This we call memory. "

“Tell me, Charlotte, what happened at the Malfoy Manor this Easter holiday?” Headmaster Snape looked at her from across his desk. His office was quiet, as it was nightfall, and his inky black eyes cut into her bright blue ones. They had just gotten out of their return feast and the Headmaster had the young Death Eater immediately brought to his office, alone. Charlotte drew in a deep breath of air and shook her head a bit, biting her bottom lip.

“It was close, Severus,” she said softly. “I saw them. I saw all them all and they were all well…physically, at least.” Professor Snape merely nodded slowly, looking over her face. “If it weren’t for Dobby, the Malfoy’s old house elf, stepping in and causing a distraction, we probably wouldn’t be sitting here.” Both of Severus’ brows raised and he looked at Charlotte with disbelief. The blonde merely nodded slowly. “Unfortunately, Mrs. Lestrange got her last dig in by killing the elf,” she said softly, looking away from the headmaster.

“And what was your part in all of this?” He asked softly, leaning closer to her from across the table. Charlotte slowly brought her eyes back up to Snape and she let out a heavy sigh.

“I remained passive throughout the whole ordeal, merely watching and waiting,” she said softly. “When they finally got away, Bellatrix seemed to notice this fact-”

“I know it must be hard for you, Charlotte,” Snape cut in, his inky black eyes sharper than ever as he stared at her, “but you needed to actively participate in this. She has probably blabbed to half of the Death Eaters by now. I would not be surprised if the Dark Lord himself has heard of this treason to him.” Charlotte’s expression grew stubborn and determine, a certain sort of emotions lighting up in her eyes as she looked over at the headmaster.

“And I can tell you now that I most certainly don’t care of his opinions,” she said, causing Snape to let out a sharp sigh through his nose and sit back hard in his chair.

“Don’t let anyone hear you say that, Charlotte,” he said darkly.

“Oh, I don’t have to say it,” she said, a twisted sort of smile on her face. “My actions have spoken loud enough for me. I sat back and knew that Harry Potter was in that room. I sat back and did nothing but watch him leave. And had it come to it, I would have helped him escape had he needed it.” Snape watched her closely, knowing she had probably already sealed her fate with the Dark Lord. Charlotte shook her head a bit, a curly tendril falling in her face as she stared directly at him. “He’s the only hope the Wizarding world has of surviving in peace, Severus. He’s the only hope that there has ever been to begin with…and if I can give my life to his cause, I would give it gladly.”

There was a long, pregnant silence between the two of them as they stared at each other. It was something that Severus hadn’t expected for Charlotte to say. He knew that she was like him, dividing her allegiances until the time was right, but she didn’t know that she would willingly lay down her life if it meant Harry Potter succeeded. Severus was getting up there in age, he knew, and he’d had the life experiences that Charlotte had not. She was still young and she had a full life ahead of her. He was content with laying down his life, but she…she shouldn’t have been so willing to do the same.

Charlotte eventually stood, tucking her hair behind her ears as she looked down at the Headmaster, still smiling determinedly at him. “Well…” she started softly. “I should be going then. I’ve told you want you need to know.” With that, she turned and left the room. The moment the blonde closed the door behind her, the smile fell and her eyes slipped shut. They didn’t have much more time, her and Severus, but she didn’t have the heart to flat out tell him what she had seen and what was going to happen in the future. Fighting back tears, she slowly began to make her way toward the Slytherin Common Room, wanting to get there as soon as possible so she could retreat to her dormitory or spend time with Draco.

As she turned to walk down an empty, silent, and dim corridor, she let out a shaky breath of air. Something didn’t feel right and it had her skin prickling with goosebumps. Jutting her chin forward proudly, she marched on down the hallway. As if there was anyone at the school who would try to take her out or be strong enough to do so. Charlotte knew ways to make plenty of noise to get noticed and even more ways to kill or silence a person forever. Just as she passed by an abandoned classroom the door slowly swung open and caused her to pause. Her vibrant blue eyes cut in the direction of the dark room, watching as a tall, pale, blonde-haired man emerged from the darkness of the room. He merely leaned against the frame, his eyes slowly moving over her form. His eyes then cut into hers, his teeth biting into his bottom lip. He didn’t even have to say a word, but merely nodded his head inside the room. A cocky smirk tugged at his lips, one that Charlotte had missed seeing more than anything, as she brushed past him to enter the room.

He closed the door behind her as her eyes fell upon the bunches of plush blankets and pillows. A nearly matching smirk curled her lips as she glanced up at Draco, who had just stepped behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Were you planning on doing something with me in this room then, Draco?” She asked in a soft voice, her vibrant blue eyes darting between his lips and blue grey eyes. Draco smiled down at her, pressing his lips along the side of her neck as he let out a low chuckle, slowly beginning to lead her over to the blankets he’d set up in the room.

“Perhaps,” he murmured in her ear before taking her earlobe between his teeth and nibbling at it. Charlotte drew in a shaky breath of air, resting her arms atop his and leaning back against him.

“I haven’t the slightest clue what kind of girl you’re taking me for, Draco, but I’m certainly not this easy,” she breathed. She let out a sharp gasp as he spun her around easily in his arms, pressing her body flush against his. She looked up at him with wide eyes, the slight red flush on the apples of her cheeks and her slightly ragged breathing visible in the dim light of the room. Draco leaned forward, pressing his forehead against hers but not kissing her.

“Well…what do I need to do to seduce you?” He asked softly, his slightly darkened eyes looking over her face as she slipped her arms around her neck. She looked up at him, drawing in steady breaths of air through slightly parted lips that were looking ever-so tempting to Draco. It took everything he had not to lean forward and press his lips firmly against hers.

“Certainly more than this,” she managed to breath out to him, her lips trembling slightly as she looked up at him with darkened eyes. Draco slowly licked his lips as he looked down at her, humming lowly. Charlotte drew in a sharp gasp as she felt his warm hands slowly slipping underneath the sweater, button-up shirt, and tank top.

“Could I tell you how much I love you? How much I love that rosy color that’s painting your cheeks or your lips and how much they’re tempting me?” He asked softly. “Could I tell you that as soon as this is all over, this war and this fighting, I intend on making you mine forever?” Charlotte had heard enough and she quickly melded her lips against his, kissing him softly, yet hungrily. His hands immediately began to work at her uniform, deftly slipping the articles of clothing from her body one-by-one.

Quickly, yet not soon enough for the two, Draco had gotten Charlotte in just her bra and knickers and was laying her back on the blankets and pillows he’d conjured up into the room. In the dim light of the room, Draco pulled away from her, watching as she lay there, breathing in heavily. Her pale body was half-lit by the room and her golden curls had fallen around her head like a halo. He stared at her for a moment, in awe of the trembling angel before him, before undressing himself.

It seemed like ages for the both of them, Draco finally stripped himself down to his boxers and hovered over Charlotte. He let his face linger just above hers, his eyes slowly roaming her lovely features as her eyes traced his strong, masculine features. His hands hand unknowingly unclasped her bra and tossed it across the room and her hands began to slowly tug off his boxers; both of them craved the sight and feel of more skin.

“I love you,” Draco whispered, taking in the beautiful sight before him.

“I love you more,” Charlotte replied and a content smile curled both of their lips.

Draco had treated her so gently throughout the whole thing, taking his time in sampling her body and curves. Charlotte had gripped onto him like she was drowning, like she needed him there. She was thankful that he had his face buried in the crook of her neck the entire time. The tiniest bit of tears formed in her eyes as she stared up at the ceiling above them. She felt everything, as she wanted to, and she wished it would have never ended. They were together and alone, yet only Charlotte knew this would be a rare occurrence from now on.

The moment it was finished and they were both trying to gather their wit’s about them, something in Charlotte’s eyes snapped. Draco, managing to get his strength back, slowly pushed up and looked over his face. The look Charlotte wore scared him and he immediately felt cold.

“What did you see?” He asked breathlessly. Charlotte was still staring up at the wooden beams on the ceiling, her eyes wide, unfocused, and her lips slightly parted. “Charlotte Adelyn Goyle, tell me what you’ve seen,” he demanded, fear shaking his voice. Charlotte’s eyes flew to his as they grew watery. She couldn’t bring herself to tell him. No, it would break him and he needed to be strong for what was about to happen. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him against her body so he wouldn‘t see her break down. As he held her close, her eyes remained on the wooden beam of the ceiling as she silently began to sob.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would have gotten this chapter out last week, but I've been battle with allergies. Then Saturday was my sister's birthday party. AND THEN I went to see Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance on Saturday. So I got busy, There will be one more chapter this week, perhaps two if I can get the chapters out. The question for this chapter is: What do you think Charlotte saw?

OH! And please join my friend Haven's Death Eater contest The Dark Arts. I need some competition!

I would like to thank gilderoy-lockhart, fallen_angel94, Blood_Angel89, TBPFelton18, lillian;, and yourstruly. for commenting on the last chapter.

Love,
Bree