Status: Complete!

Circus Freak

Chapter 2 : It's My Stage Name, Idiot!

I had pretty much finished putting up fliers everywhere. I was getting a lot of stares from many guys.

I walked into a convenience store to see if I could put up fliers there, and maybe get something to eat too since I had been since 10 am, and it was now 4 in the afternoon. The owner of the store had no problem with me putting fliers up.

I decided to put up some of the fliers by the checkout line. There, a little girl and her mother were buying things. The girl stared at me unwaveringly as I put up the flier. It became a little awkward for so I decided to just leave, but before I was able to, she asked,

“Are you in the circus?”

“Ummm…yes,” I replied awkwardly.

“Really?” she asked with excitement in her eyes. “What do you do?”

“Yes, I am,” I said kind of bragging, and with a huge grin on my face. I loved it when kids asked me about the circus. “I juggle, ride unicycles, and walk along the tight rope.”

“Ohhhh, can you show me?” she asked practically bouncing up and down.

“Sure,” I said a little surprised. I saw some apples and grabbed them. I began juggling them. She stared at me in awe and gigged every time it looked like I was going to drop one of the apples. I decided to make her laugh more by doing a few tricks. By now, she was laughing so much her face had turned red. That made me think,

“Why not end with a big finale?” I threw the apples in the air and did a split. As they came down, I caught two in my hand and one in my mouth. I took the apple out of my mouth and said, “Tada!” The little girl applauded as did her mother. “Thank you,” I said bowing. “Come see me and others perform tomorrow at Boris’s Circus of Wonder!”

“Okay,” the little girl said somewhat bashfully.

“Come on Katie, we have to go,” the girl’s mother said. As they left the store, I heard applause from behind me. I turned around and saw a guy not much taller than me with green hair and blue eyes.

“Bravo,” he said.

“Ummm…thank you, “ I said confused.

“I’m Tre Cool by the way," he said flirtatiously, “and you are?”

“Is he hitting on me?” I thought.

“A circus performer,” I answered lamely.

He laughed at my reply. “I meant your name.”

I had no idea what to say. Guys usually freak out after I tell them that I’m part of the circus, and then they leave me alone. Or rather, avoid me like the plague, but this guy didn’t. I shouldn't be surprised though, his hair IS dyed green.

“Fafa the fantastic!” I exclaimed giving him my stage name.

He laughed even more, “What kind of name is that?”

“What kind of name is Tre Cool?” I asked annoyed. “And it’s my stage name, you idiot!” I said as I left the store angrily.

“Ughh men!” I thought.

--------------------------------------

Tre stared after the girl as she left. He was intrigued by this circus girl and knew that he had to see her, but how? Then he noticed fliers on the counter that read:
"Boris’s Circus of Wonder in Rodeo, Califorina.
Be amazed by our acrobats, jugglers, animals and ringleader.
ONE WEEK ONLY!"
♠ ♠ ♠
if you havn't guessed yet, Tre, in this story, is in high school which explain the green haair, ok :D