Status: Active. Will post 1-2 times a week

Tell Me It's All a Dream

Crabbe Confronts Shane

“I’ll be there Shane! I promise!” he called after me. I nodded, even though I didn’t think he saw me. I was crying. I hated fighting with him. He was just making me so upset. He was so wrapped up in the stupid plan. It wasn’t just that. It was the fact that I didn’t have friends. Hermione probably told Luna what happened already. I could just see the look on her face if she found out.

I was in the castle by now. I stopped in front of the stairs before I walked up. I suddenly turned around and ran to the courtyard. I found the secret entrance to Hogsmade and ran down the tunnel.

I found my way to a Pub down the road unnoticed. I got in and ordered a butterbeer. Then another. Then another. Then, I lost count.

I opened my eyes and light poured into my sight and blinded me. I groaned and covered my eyes with my hand. I heard movement and I reached for my pocket. My wand wasn’t there. I opened my eyes again and faced the light. Everything was blurry until I blinked a few time. When I was able to make out my surroundings, I wondered how I had gotten there. In Dumbledore’s office. There were pictures and gadgets everywhere. I had only been in there once before.

I realized that I was on a couch and a blanket was draped over me. I sat up and saw him behind his desk. I groaned as all the blood rushed to my head.

“Good morning.” he said. I looked up and saw that he was smiling.

“How did I get here?” I asked.

“Well, you went to Hogsmade, somehow, and got drunk. The owner called for me, asking if you went to Hogwarts, and so I brought you back here. Professor Flitwick will be choosing your punishment. He wanted to see you as soon as you woke up.” he continued what he was doing.

“Can you ask him if he can wait until I don’t have a headache and feel like shit?” I asked, laying back down.

“Language Miss Ravenclaw. “ was all he said. I fell back asleep.

I dreamt about Draco. Him and I having a happy life. Without all the fighting we’ve done. The dream didn’t last long because I was awaken by yelling. I opened my eyes and I saw Snape and Flitwick arguing and Dumbledore looked like he was looking for a book on a shelf. I sat up again and tried to listen to what they were saying, but they stopped when they saw me.

“Miss Ravenclaw.” Flitwick said through gritted teeth.

“Hi.” I muttered. Snape nodded at me.

“Give her her punishment already.” Dumbledore said.

“First, I want to know how you got there, and why you drank!” Flitwick snapped.

“I don’t know, and ‘cause I felt like it.” I said, standing. He looked pissed.

“3 weeks detention! Every day from 4pm to 11pm.” he said.

“You cant see me for 7 hours!” I exclaimed.

“I agree. That’s like another school day. How about 4 to 7.” Dumbledore turned around.

“How about-”

“How about you do as I say and leave.” that wasn’t a question, it was a command. Flitwick left immediately.

“I think I’m going to go too.” I said and headed to the door. When they didn’t say anything, I continued down the stairs and went to the Ravenclaw common room.

The next day was a Sunday. And I started detention. I wasted the whole day wondering around the castle. When I went to Flitwick, my detention was writing lines.

I will follow the rules

For 3 hours. He said if I didn’t have at least 500, I would stay and write until I had 500. By 6:30 I had 419 and I was rushing to finish. He came in at 7 and checked on me.

“How many have you done?” he asked.

“489.” I said, reading the number next to the sentence.

“Finish to 500 then you can leave.” he said and went over to his desk. I finished the last 11 in about 5 minutes and I left the classroom. On my way to the common room, I was pulled into a hallway. I didn’t scream, but I shut my eyes as I was drug and pushed against the wall. Hard. When I opened my eyes, I saw Crabbe glaring at me.

“What the bloody hell is going on?” I asked. His arms tightened around my arms.

“Stay away from Draco.” he said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“He told Goyle and I about you two. Stay away from him. Your just a lonely, whinny bi-”

“Crabbe!” Draco’s voice rang out. Crabbe’s hands dropped and he stepped back. “What do you think your doing?” Draco asked. When Crabbe didn’t say anything, he said, “Get out of here.” Crabbe walked away.

“What the hell was that about?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I mean, I told them and only them. About you. And I guess he over reacted.”

“Guess so. Oh, I need to tell you something.” I sat down with my back to the wall and started to tell him about what I did and what happened, and my punishment. Draco was sitting next to me.

“Shane. I cant believe you. Why did you get drunk?”

“I was mad. And I wanted all of my problems to go away. It worked.” I said, clutching my knees to my chest. Draco sighed.

“Its my fault. Okay, I swear no more fighting. In fact, lets have dinner on Tuesday. In the classroom.” he said suddenly.

“But, what about my detention?

“Just come after. It’ll be nice.” he said. I looked up at him. Draco was smirking at me.

“Alright. I’ll be there at about 7:15.” I smiled.

“Okay.” Just then, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked by, and Ginny was tagging along.

“Disgusting.” I heard Ron said.

“What was that Weasel?” Draco asked. He stood up and they stopped walking. I was scared. This couldn’t be good. I pretended I was invisible.

“I cant believe your friends with him Shane. Its so wrong on so many levels.” Hermione said. I looked up and saw Draco open his mouth. I cut him off.

“Why? I could say your friendship with Harry is wrong on so many levels.” I snapped. I got up and stood next to Draco.

“But this is different. Its Malfoy, and he’s a stuck up Pureblood.” Hermione shot. This time Draco cut me off.

“At least I’m not a filthy Mudblood.” Draco looked pissed.

“Come on Draco.” I said, pulling him away.

“No, they should leave, we were here first.” he didn’t take his eyes off of them. I glanced at them and saw them walk away. “Sorry.” he said.

“Its fine. I just miss them.” I sighed. He pulled me into a side hug and rubbed my arm.

“Everything will be okay. Listen, I should go, I’ll see you on Tuesday.” he said. I nodded.

“Bye.” I said and he left.

On Tuesday, my detention seemed to drag on for hours. Even though it was the same time. I didn’t have my 500 lines so I had to stay an extra 10 minutes. When I was done, I ran down to the dungeons to the classroom. When I got there, I jumped in and I saw a small table with 2 chairs and a table off to the side with food on it. I saw Draco walking around with his back to me. He looked like he was having a conundrum. He was wearing a dark blue dress shirt tucked into black slacks. He looked so nice. I looked down at myself. It was just my uniform skirt and my white shirt and the vest. I felt so underdressed.

“Draco.” I said, laughing to myself. I couldn’t believe he hadn’t noticed me. He turned around and he smiled sweetly at me. It was a smile I very rarely saw. I caught my self wondering if Pansy had ever seen this side of him. It brought the butterflies to my stomach and it made my heart beat fast.

“Hey Shane.” he gestured for me to sit down. I walked over to the chair as he pulled it out for me.

“I feel so underdressed.” I frowned.

“You look fine. I don’t care about what you’re wearing. Your still my Shane.” he said and brought me a plate of chicken and mashed tatoes with some vegetables. I blushed and tried to hide it.

“Thanks.” I said. “Did you cook this?”

“No. I had the house elves do it. But it still tastes good.” he said. I nodded.

“I think I’ll cook next time.” I said taking a bite.

“You cook?” he asked.

“Yeah, you kinda have to know to cook to feed people at the Leaky Cauldron.” I joked.

“True. But I thought you would just use magic.” I shook my head.

“No. Tom wouldn’t let me use magic to clean or anything. He wanted me to be a Muggle. It sucked and it taught me 1 thing: We are so lucky. It sucks not using magic.” Draco laughed. We had nice table talk for the rest of the dish. When we were done, he took the plates and brought back another plate with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and a brownie.

Something inside me told me that this was the time to tell Draco about my feelings for him. I doubted myself though, I didn’t think I could pull my self together enough to do it. Right as I thought I was going to say something, Draco started talking.

“Shane, I promise that I will be here every Tuesday and Thursday, okay? Unless I say otherwise. I feel really bad about not being here sometimes without telling you.” he was already done with his food. I nodded.

“Okay. Thank you. It really does mean a lot to me. You have no idea.” I said.

“Just know that I might not be able to be here for hours at a time like what we have been doing.” he said. I sighed.

“I have to say I’m used to it. I just wish you would tell be what you are doing.” I muttered.

“I cant! I want to but I cant. If you knew what I had to do, you would leave me.” said Draco.

“No I wouldn’t!” I said immediately.

“Yes you would. You would tell. You would leave me.” he said it again. I would leave him. What could be so bad?

“No I wouldn’t. I swear. Please Draco just tell me.” I begged. He sighed and looked down again, thinking.

“I have to… kill Dumbledore.” he whispered the last part. I stared at him. What was I supposed to say? I was shocked. I was expecting the worst, but my imagination didn’t take me this far. “Well?” he asked after a few minutes.

“I.. I don’t really know what to say. Except that I wont leave you.”

“Well that’s good. But just, I guess, don’t judge me too much. I am only doing it because Voldemort told me too. And threatened me.” I nodded in understanding.

“It sucks that you got wrapped up in this.” I sighed.

“Yeah I know.” he shrugged. He wouldn’t look at me.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked.

“No. I don’t want you involved. This might resolve in some sort of war, I don’t want you anywhere near it.”

“But I want to help. I’m not a little kid. I’m just as old as you are. I can take care of myself!” I said. I didn’t want to fight. I was tired of fighting, but I wanted him to stop treating me like a baby.

“I know you can but you don’t know what you’re up against. The Death Eaters know magic you don’t, and they could easily kill you.”

“So teach me.” I simply said.

“What?” he asked.

“Teach me what they know so I can be safe.”

“I couldn’t. I don’t even know most of it.” I frowned. “Can we be done with this? This was supposed to be fun.”

“I’m having fun.” I said smiling. We changed the subject and we started to have a good time. When it was getting late, Draco said that he had to leave. He wasn’t done being a gentleman though. He helped me out of my seat and before we left he kissed my cheek and wished me a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey,
I forgot this year was the longest one I've written! Hah!
So, im not getting as many comments as I'd like, but oh well, as long as you all are reading, and enjoying.
Thanks(: