Status: writer's block... small hiatus :(

It's a Brand New Day

A wonderous place

It was a couple weeks later. I was getting ready for another Jam session, while I listened to the girls talk.

"Come on August the least you could do is tell us what you're singing, please!? The suspense is killing me," Ella whined from where she sat perched on her bed.

"That's where you're wrong love... the least I could do is nothing. Besides you'll find out soon, and you'll love it," I answered fluffing my hair in the mirror. I turned around towards them gesturing to my outfit, "Good?"

"Gorgeous as usual. Where do you even get your clothes from, they're like super cute all the time," Mitchie responded.

"Thrift stores and places that sell used clothes mostly, oh and garage sales. You know what they say, one girl's trash is another girl's fashion," I answered.

"Even your shoes?" Margret asked.

"My flats I do. My high tops though, I pay retail for these. The extra cash is worth it in the end because a lot of them I can wear with more than one outfit. They're cute and functional," I answered heading towards the door, "Chau darlings, I must go and meet my duet partner before the Jam tonight. Toodles loves." I blew a kiss and walked out.

I walked fast down the path towards the beach. Jason was standing on the sidewalk, his hands tucked into the pocket of his all white skinny jeans, his purple shirt fitting him nicely.

"Jason!" I ran to where he was on the sidewalk. He turned around, his arms opening immediately when he realized it was me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my forehead against his as I smiled happily up at him.

"Hey babe, you ready to sing with me tonight?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, did you tell anyone?" I asked.

"No one but Uncle Brown and I swore him to secrecy. Our friends are going to be surprised, while everyone at the camp is going to freak the freak out," He announced.

"I know, that's the only thing I'm nervous about. What if no one likes our song because I'm the one singing with you? Y'know the new girl, singing with a Camp Rock legend, what if it's a bad freak the freak out?" I asked, looking at him questioningly.

"You wanna sing with me right?"

"Of course I do Jason, you know I do." I answered.

"And I want to sing with you and that's what matters. If our friends and my brothers like it then no one elses opinion matters," He replied.

"And if people start whispering?" I questioned.

"Then let them whisper. You just keep your eyes and ears on me and everything is gonna be alright," he replied.

I nodded up at him, "You're so wonderful."

He leaned down firmly placing his lips against mine, his hands coming up and he rubbed his calloused fingers across my cheeks.

"And you're so cute." He pecked my lips lightly before taking my hand and leading me away from the beach and towards the cafeteria cabin, where the duet Jam was being held.

"And now coming to the Duet Jam, their first time singing together August Kincaid and Jason Grey!"

I took a deep breath, taking the mic that was sitting outside the cabin waiting for us. He looked at me and smiled before opening the door to the cabin.

"Do you trust me?" He started off, taking my hand and leading me to the cabin.

"Yeees."

We walked to a table with only a globe beach ball and he lifted me so I was standing on the seat. He got up with me and we sat down as he started singing.

I can show you the world

He reached behind him and gave me the beach ball.

Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me princess
now when did you last let your heart decide?


He wrapped his arms around me as he continued singing. He moved me along with his words.

I can open your eyes
take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways, and under
on a magic carpet ride.

A whole new world
a new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
or where to go
or say we're only dreaming


I held my mic up waiting for the music to get to my part.

A whole new world
a dazzling place I never knew
but when I'm way up here
it's crystal clear
that now I'm in a whole new world with you

Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
indescribable feeling
soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky


A whole new world

I put my free hand over my eyes.

Don't you dare close your eyes

He took my hand down, and his hazel eyes stared directly into mine.

A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath, it gets better

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be


A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment get's better

I stepped down off the table and started to walk away. I stopped when I felt Jason's hand on my waist. He pulled me back.

I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world

A whole new life
That's where we'll be
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wonderous place

He took my free hand in his as he continued to stare down into my eyes. I stepped closer our noses almost touching. He moved closer as well causing out foreheads to be touching. I put my mic down so we were both only singing into his mic.

For you and me

After we finished the last note we continued to stare at each other. There was silence around us.

Then suddenly we heard screams from our friends and his brothers. We jumped apart and I could feel my cheeks heating up as I looked down at the floor.

Soon everyone joined in clapping and whistling. I looked over at Jason and his cheeks were red as well. My smile grew wide as I looked out to the crowd.

I felt Jason's arm around my waist as my happiness started showing even more.

"Thanks so much guys for listening, you're awesome," He said.

"Yeah you guys are amazing," I added.

I blew kisses and waved at the crowd before setting the microphone on the table and following Jason out of the cabin.

We ran down to the beach, where we noticed an overturned canoe sitting in the sand. We walked over to it and set down.

"That was awesome," He said, wrapping his arm around me.

"It really was, it turned out better than I ever hoped," I replied.

"I think it turned out perfect. It turned out better than perfect."

"You know what I think?"

"What?" He responded.

I turned and looked up at him, my hand coming up and tugging at one of his curls. I watched it bounce back into place before speaking.

"I think I a lot more than like you," I answered.

He leaned forward and paced a kiss against my forehead, hugging me to him.

"I a lot more than like you too Star."
♠ ♠ ♠
oh wow how long has it been?!

I had major writer's block for this, but it's almost over guys. And surprise surprise there might be a sequel. So tell your friends to read because updates won't be as far apart anymore because...

I GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOl!!!

Anyways so expect more updates... not to mention this one is almost over.

anyways for reference in the song lyrics...

This is Jason singing

and

This is Augustana

and

This is them both singing together

last thing here is Augusts outfit!!

Jam-a-la Princess Jasmine
Image

Comment and Sub please!!! <3