Middle of Summer

When the Sun found the Moon

My dad thought it was a great idea to visit La's Vegas in summer, so we went from one dessert to another, nothing changed except for the sounds of casino slots that filled the air when we arrived at the hotel. After my dad checked in, we went to our rooms. My dad and my mom were in one; and my little sister and I shared a room.

You would think that at the age of 19, my parents would treat me like the legal adult I am, and get me my own room, but no. Technically I have been a legal adult since my 18Th birthday, but my parents don’t get that, maybe my immature behavior made them don’t take me too seriously.

So, after checking that my parents had disappeared to the slots, I grabbed my cellphone and told my sister we were going to sneak out, so we could go to the park.

“Park! Park!” she yelled, waving her hands.

“Liz, we have to be quiet.” I said, while getting out of the elevator.

“Otay, I’m quiet, see?” she said putting a finger on her lips.

When we arrived at the park, I told my sister to go and play and not to go far, while I sat on a bench. I grabbed my bag and retrieved a book I was reading for the summer “The Blue Girl”, I started to hum a random tune and started reading my book, glancing at the sky once in a while to witness the sunset.

After the sunset, I sat there waiting for my sister to tell me she was bored so we could go back to the hotel and wait for my parents, hoping they wouldn't take us to Circus Circus’s playground or some boring place.

“Now be very quiet now, we don’t want to scare her yet,” a voice said behind me.

“Otay!” my sister yelled.

I turned around and saw my sister with a man that looked at least 20 years old. She was smiling and he looked at me surprised.

“Lizzie, what have I told you about talking to strangers?” I said grabbing her.

She squirmed until she broke free and went running towards the guy, who was walking away. The guy looked at her, she said something to his ear and they walked together towards me.

“Lala, this is Bwendwon. Bwendwon this is my big sis, Lala,” my sister said, trying to pronounce both of our names.

“My name is Clara, she calls me Lala,” I said.

I looked at him, his eyes were tired. He grabbed my hand and shook it, even though he looked tired, he had a firm grip. I felt tingles in my hand when he removed his hand from mine.

“I’m Brendon,” he said smiling.

“Well, nice to meet you, but we have to get back, before my parents realize we are gone,” I said picking Elizabeth up and walking towards the hotel, my face felt hot.

“Lala, you are bwushing!” my sister yelled.

“Lizzie, shush!” I said to her, hoping he didn’t hear.

I felt something following us, so I turned around and looked at Brendon running towards us. Oh great, she heard my sister.

“Wait! I should walk you there; two beautiful girls shouldn’t be walking alone at this hour,” he said, once he caught up with us.

The walk to the hotel was very short for my like, Brendon and I talked the whole way and my sister had fallen asleep. We got to the room and Brendon had to say goodbye.

“Well, here’s my stop,” I said trying to open the door with my sister in my arms.

“Here, let me help you,” He said, grabbing the room key and opening the door for me.

“Thank you,” I said smiling at him.

Just then, my parents decided to show up. They were smiling at each other and when they looked towards us, their smiles faded and got replaced with glares, I put my sister on her bed and returned to the door.

“Care to explain?” my mom said looking at Brendon who looked scared.

“Mom, Dad, this is Brendon. I met him at a cafe, Liz wanted a soda and I had forgotten my wallet in the room, so he paid for the drink,” I said looking at him.

“In that case, how much is it, young man?” my dad said taking out his wallet.

“Don’t worry, I have to go,” Brendon said quickly, looking at his watch before disappearing down the hallway.

My parents looked at me, shook their heads and told me to get ready to go for dinner. I woke my sister up, told her we had to get dinner and started getting ready; I grabbed my radio and put my Panic! at the Disco CD on it.

I started to sing, and then I remembered Brendon. That’s funny; Brendon has the same name as… holy fudge! I just met Brendon Urie!

Shaking my head, I got rid of my fan girl thoughts. My parents knocked at the door and told me that they were ready for dinner. I picked my sister up and followed my parents to the restaurant, it was a fancy Italian restaurant, and the meal was filled with conversations that I didn't’t hear because I was thinking about a certain boy.

“Clara! Your father is talking to you,” my mom’s voice brought me back to Earth.

“I think somebody’s in love,” my dad teased.

“Dad, I don’t even know him!” I said, blushing slightly.