Dark and Dirty Like You've Never Seen

Suspended

I woke up with Frank wrapped around me, his face buried in the crook of my neck, snoring slightly. I watched as his chest rose and fell rhythmically, his mouth barely parted. I smiled at him and yawned. It must still be pretty early. I couldn’t see any sunlight coming into the room just yet. I let my eyes flutter close when I heard a knock at his door. That must be what woke me up the first time. I shifted causing Frank to stir.

“Frank, you up?”

Frank grunted in response, pulling the blankets up around him.

“Frank, it’s Monday. You have school in an hour.” I heard Frank’s dad call from the other side of the door before his footsteps made their way down the hall. I bolted up in bed and threw the blankets off myself. Shit, I forgot all about school. I looked down to see that I was only wearing underwear and a t-shirt. I blushed as I got up from the bed, wanting to get dressed quickly. I started rifling through my bags we brought back from the house looking for my uniform. I found my khaki pants and began to pull them on. I heard the bed shift and turned around to see Frank was resting his head on his hand and watching me with a sleepy smile. I gave him a quick smile before continuing my search for a clean shirt. I talked over my shoulder as I looked.

“You going to get up? We have to leave soon.”

“Yeah, in a minute. I just like watching you …”

I didn’t turn to acknowledge him, but I smiled as I retrieved my shirt and a tank top from my bag. I stood up and turned around to face him, clothes in hand.

“Thanks but I don’t think I can concentrate with you gawking at me like that.”

“I can’t either…”

I raised my eyebrows at him in mock shock. He let out that adorable giggle of his and flopped back down on the bed.

“Well, hurry up before I wake up all the way and repeat yesterday.” He groaned and rolled so his back was to me. I felt my face flush and my skin started to ignite at the thought. Unfortunately, there was no time for that right now. I turned my back to him and pulled the shirt up over my head. My warm skin hit the cool air of his room and caused me to get goose bumps. I quickly pulled on my bra and clasped it followed by a black tank top. I went with a polo today and pulled it over my head and tucked it into my pants before buttoning them. I slid a studded belt into the belt loops and latched it. It technically wasn’t against dress code but the sisters didn’t like it. It’s the one thing I could wear that helped me keep some identity instead of fading into the cookie cutter image they had for the kids.

“There, you can look now.”

Frank rolled over and threw his legs over the bed and stretched one last time before rising to his feet. He casually walked over to me and snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me to him.

“I liked you better in my shirt.” He kissed my forehead before making his way to his closet. I grinned like an idiot before going to grab my back pack and groaned. I realized I had left it in my dad’s truck along with my purse.

“Oh, fuck me!”

“Uh … I mean … I didn’t think we had time to --”

I gave him a knowing look. “No, not that. I left my bags in my dad’s truck. I don’t have my notebooks or anything.”

“Oh. Well, I can give you one of my notebooks for today. Did you take all of your books?”

“Just one.”

“Well that’s fine. Just tell them you forgot it at home. You should be ok.”

“I guess…” I figured I could make it work for today, but I still felt a headache coming on and pressed my thumb and forefinger to my temple. “I’m going to finish getting ready. I’ll see you in the living room?”

“Yeah, be right there.” He pulled out his clothes for school and nodded at me. I grabbed my hair brush and tooth brush and made my way out of his room and down the hall to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror as I tried to make my hair behave. I wasn’t in the mood for dressing it up so I let it hang loose around my shoulders. I quickly brushed my teeth before placing both brushes in the cabinet above the sink. I went to exit the bathroom and ran right into Frank’s dad. I gasped and jumped back quickly.

“Angela? You’re still here.”

“Oh … I uh … I--”

“She was locked out of her house. Her parents are out of town and forgot to leave the spare key.”

Both I and Frank’s dad turned to see Frank standing behind him. He didn’t give any sign of hesitation or uncertainty. I wish I was able to lie that casually, not even batting an eye. Frank’s dad turned back at me. I saw Frank give me a wink from behind him.

“It’s just for a few days.” I said, gulping slightly.

“Well, that’s fine. I wish you guys would have told me though. I was pretty confused to see you here.” He said smiling. He didn’t seem to upset about it, and I let myself relax. “You kids better get going if you want to make it to school on time. I nodded and walked past him. Frank followed behind me. We started to round the corner when his dad called out again. “Frank, hold up a second.” I saw Frank close his eyes and sigh. He reached into his pocket and handed me his keys.

“I’ll be there in a sec, ok?”

“Ok.” I continued to walk through the house and out the side door. I hope Frank isn’t in trouble. I climbed into the passenger seat and slid the key in the ignition, bring the bar to life. I flipped through the radio stations as I waited on Frank. I had just settled on one when I saw Frank exiting the house. He didn’t look mad or upset which seemed to be a good sign. He climbed into the car next to me and pulled on his seat belt. He started to put the car into gear without saying anything so I broke the silence.

“So … what did he want?”

“Eh … just wanted to talk about what’s going on.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like … with us.”

“Oh.” I wasn’t sure what he meant by that. What could he have wanted to know?

“I told him that you just needed a place to crash for a few days…”

“And…”

“And that we’re kind of dating…” He looked a little guilty. I furrowed my eye brows.

“Why didn’t you want him to know?” I tried to hide the hurt in my voice. He turned to look at me.

“Oh, no! I didn’t mean it like that. I just didn’t want him to freak out about you staying with me if we were dating so I was hesitant to tell him. I would have told him otherwise, it’s just an awkward situation, you know?”

“I guess. So what did he say?” I felt a little better, but I still had a hint of anxiety in my voice.

“He’s fine with it but …” He trailed off again.

“But what?”

“Ugh … he wants me to sleep on the couch.” He looked annoyed when he said this. I stared at him and before I could stop myself, I began to laugh. He looked over at me, confused. “What?”

“Is that all?”

“Well … I mean, yeah. Why is that funny?”

“It’s not. It’s just you. It won’t be that bad Frank. It’s not like I can’t touch you at all.”

“Aren’t you bummed at all?”

“Yeah, I guess. I just thought it was going to be a lot worse than that. I still get to stay with you. That’s all that matters to me.” It took a moment, but I finally saw a smirk pull up on his face. He shook his head and continued his way to school.

“Yeah, you’re right. I just … I don’t know. I can’t control myself around you, Angela. You just do something to me. It’s going to kill me not being able to lie next to you.” He let one hand off the wheel and slid into my lap, grasping mine and giving it a squeeze. I flushed and smiled at him.

“I know … me, too.” We pulled up to the school and found a parking spot. We climbed out of the car and he pulled his back pack over his shoulder before coming to my side of the car. I started to walk toward the school but Frank tugged on my hand, pulling me back to him.

“Angel …” He breathed out my name as he nuzzled his face into my hair. I let my eyes flutter close as I relished in the feeling of his body so close to mine. “You don’t understand how much I need you.”

I felt my hands move up to his chest, feeling it rise and fall under my fingertips. I moved my head so he was facing me.

“Frank, I need this, too. I need you.” I brought my hand up and traced my fingers over his lips, pausing on his lip ring for a moment. That cool ring against my skin was enough to get me hot. There wasn’t one thing about him that didn’t send me into a frenzy. The feeling I have when I’m with him is intoxicating. Now that we were officially together, and I didn’t just have to admire him from a distance, that wanting feeling has quickly changed into a need. I was terrified at how much he influenced me. I wondered what would happen if I didn’t have him anymore. I felt my body shake and I quickly dismissed the thought. I continued to concentrate on here and now. He was right here, pressed against my body, his hands on my waist, and he was mine. His eyes closed and he sighed.

“Christ, what I wouldn’t give to fuck you on this car right now.” His eyes shot open and I could see they seemed to have a clouded, grey hue over them. I knew that look. I’m sure it’s the same one I had at that very moment. His words alone had my body on high alert, my mouth watering at the thought. He quickly took a step back from me, and I couldn’t hide the disappointment on my face. “We have to get inside before I change my mind.”

Right. School. I swallowed and attempted to gather myself. We made our way into the building and up to our locker. He opened it, pulling out his books and handing mine to me. He reached into his bag and pulled out a notebook.

“Here. You can use this for today. I’ve only used a couple pages.”

“Thanks.”

We started to make our way down the hall to first period when I heard someone call out my name.

“Angela, what are you doing here?”

I turned around to see my principal walking toward me. I gave him a confused look.

“Ummm… going to class?”

“Didn’t you get my voicemail? You can’t be here. You’re suspended for a week.”

“Suspended?” I felt my heart sink. I’ve never even had a lunch detention let alone suspension.

“I called your house and left a voice mail. I forgot to give you the written one on Friday. You have to leave.”

I looked between the principal and Frank. Frank seemed just as surprised as I was. I mean, I guess I could have seen this coming, but what was I supposed to do now? I saw Frank reach in his back pocket and retrieve his keys.

“Take my car and go to Gerard’s. He’ll probably still be asleep, but just knock on his window. It’s the basement window. I’ll call you as soon as I’m out of class, ok.”

I couldn’t find any words so I just nodded my head. The principal gave me a sympathetic look before walking away. When his back was to us, Frank pulled me to him and kissed me hard.

“I’m sorry…” was all he could say. I turned and made my way out of the building. I walked across the parking lot back out to his car when I heard my name once more. Only this time, It caused me to stop dead in my tracks.

“Angela …” His voice was seething. He was right behind me from the sounds of it. I gripped the keys tightly in my hand before turning around to face him.

“Aaron…”
♠ ♠ ♠
First cliff hanger. :D I hope you guys like it. Feedback is great. If you're a reader and have never commented, now would be a great time. Cheers :)