Dark and Dirty Like You've Never Seen

Surprise

Frank and I made our way back to his house. I kept flexing my fingers, enjoying the movement. I finally had my cast taken off. I did have to wear a brace, but I could at least move my fingers and wrist now. We had the windows down, the air swirling around the car and picking up my hair, making it dance around my face. I smiled as I pushed it out of my eyes and watched as the scenery sped by. I looked over at Frank who was finally fully awake and seemed to be enjoying the morning air as well. He had a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips and the smoke curled around him and out the window. He caught me staring out of the corner of his eyes and I saw a playful smirk creep up on his lips. I went to say something but was cut off by the sound of Frank’s phone ringing. He dug in his pockets and pulled out his phone, giving the screen a confused look. He pressed a button and put the phone to his ear.

“Hello?” There was a pause and I saw him straighten up in his seat a little. “Hey, what’s up?” His words seemed clipped now but he continued to drag off his cigarette and drive leisurely. “No… yeah… ok see you then.” He hung up his phone and tucked it back in his pocket. I gave him a questioning look but he didn’t say anything.

“Who was that?”

“Hmm?”

“On the phone. Who was that?”

“Oh, it was just Gerard.”

“Oh… you just looked concerned for a minute there.”

“Yeah, I was wondering why he was up so early.” He chuckled and after a moment I returned the smile and shrugged my shoulders.

“So what did he want?”

“He just wanted to … work on something.”

“Something like what?” I was curious and a bit concerned as to why he was being so vague.

“I can’t really talk about it.” He has stiffened up again. I can feel tension creeping into the car.

“Oh … why not?”

“Ummm … it’s a surprise. You’ll find out eventually. I can’t really say right now.”

“Ok…”

We continued the drive back to his dad’s house as I sat and wondered what the surprise was. As we pulled into the driveway Frank put the car in park but didn’t cut the engine. I turned to look at him and he gave me a weak smile. I cocked my head to the side, a pout forming on my face.

“What’s wrong now?”

“Gerard wanted me to come over for a little while now to work on this surprise. Apparently it’s urgent, but you know Gerard. Always dramatic.” He sighed out then managed a smile. I gave him a small smile back. I was really hoping to spend the day with him, but then again, we practically live together. I always get to spend time with him. I could never get enough, though.

“What about your mom’s? Shouldn’t we pack and head over there soon? It’s Friday.” We were able to skip school today for my doctor’s appointment. He nodded as he stretched in his seat.

“Yeah. I pretty much know what I’m going to take. Just get your stuff ready and we can leave when I get back, ok?” he tilted his head toward me and pouted his lips out. I felt my lips pull up into a grin and I just replied with a nod. I leaned over and planted my lips gently on his. I went to pull away when I felt his hand snake up to the back of my head and grasp my hair firmly, deepening the kiss. I took in a sharp breath from surprise, but quickly found his rhythm. His hand lingered from the back of my head to the side of my face, his thumb rubbing just below my ear: my weak spot. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up from the sensitivity of his touch. He wouldn’t let me pull away from him; he only ended the kiss when he wanted to. He pulled away from me and I gasped for air. When I finally got my breath back, I found the words to speak.

“That’s one hell of a goodbye kiss. You’re not going away forever.” I giggled and nuzzled my face into his neck.

“I know. I just lo—I … I just can’t help myself around you.” He started to say something else before he changed his mind. That’s not the first time he had done that. I know what he was going to say, but ever since that first time he had “accidentally” told me he loved me at the hospital and I didn’t respond, he was pretty hesitant about the whole thing. I felt bad but I wasn’t sure how to talk to him about it either. It all just seemed so ridiculous. I had never felt this way about anyone before, and I’m almost sure the feelings are mutual, but like him, I was too scared to admit it. I decided now wasn’t the right time to discuss it and removed myself from his neck and smiled sweetly at him before grabbing my bag from the floor board. I opened my door and started to climb out. I waited before shutting the door and leaned in to talk to him.

“Don’t take too long ok? Text me when you’re on your way back.” I pulled my bag up over my shoulder and smirked at him.

“Promise.” He winked at me, causing my face to flush. I shut the door and watched as he took off down the road to Gerard’s. I sighed and made my way into the house. I walked through the living room and started to turn into the hall when I heard Frank’s dad call after me.

“Where’s Frank at?”

“Oh, Gerard called about needing help with something. He’ll be right back.”

“Hmmm … alright. Well you’re welcome to sit in here with me.” He smiled at me and I returned to friendly gesture.

“Alright, just a second.” I went back to Frank’s room and threw my purse on the bed before making my way back into the living room. I plopped down on the couch adjacent to him and pulled my legs up under me, getting comfortable. I heard his dad clear his throat and turned to look at him just as he tossed the remote at me. I just barely caught it and looked at him with a grin on my face.

“You can pick a station. I can’t find anything good.”

I looked at the remote in my hand and quickly figured out how to handle it. I wasn’t sure what to watch either. I came across a show called “Twisted”. The plot seemed interesting enough so I choose that. I sat back and enjoyed the comfortable silence with Frank sr.

--------------------------------------------------

There appeared to be a marathon on and I was really getting into this show. Frank’s dad could only hang around for one episode before he had to head into work. Friday’s he didn’t have to be in until noon. I was sprawled out on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and m&m’s that I had thrown together. After I finished the second episode and it cut to a commercial break. I realized that it had been two hours now. What could they possibly be doing? No sooner had I had the thought, my phone began to buzz on the side table next to me. I picked it up to see Gerard was calling. I smirked and answered quickly, swallowing the hand full of sweet and salty mixture that I was still chewing.

“What’s up douche?” I answered the phone playfully.

“Nothing just bored. What’s going on with you?”

I furrowed my eyebrows but popped another piece of popcorn in my mouth. “Waiting on you guys. How’s the project going?”

“The what?”

“Gerard, it’s cool. Frank told me about your little top secret thing going on. He didn’t say what it was though, honest. Are you guys done or what? Frank hasn’t called me yet.”

“Frank?” If he was still faking confusion to throw me off of what was going on, he was doing a good job. Too good, actually.

“Gerard seriously, Frank and I are supposed to go to his moms today. Did he leave yet?”

“Ang … Frank’s not here. I just got up.”

That’s when I felt my heart sink. This wasn’t funny anymore. “Gerard, come on. You called earlier. Frank said you needed help with something…”

“Angela, I’m being honest. You know I never get up till at least noon. I swear I didn’t call.”

With forced effort, I swallowed the popcorn in my mouth though it had gone completely dry. I felt my heart begin to race.

“Angela, you still there?”

“Mmhmm …” I mumbled, not able to form words right now. My mind began to race. I couldn’t keep my thoughts straight. Where is he?

“Try calling him then call me back, ok? Angela, did you hear me?”

“Yeah … yeah, ok I will.” I cleared my throat as I hung up the phone. I went to my contacts and found Frank’s name with a smiley face next to it. I bit my lip as I slowly pressed the call button and put the phone to my ear. After two rings it went straight to voicemail. I heard Frank’s voice on the other side

“Hey it’s Frank—“

“And me!” I heard my voice ring out followed by Frank’s boyish giggle. We had changed it about a week ago at about three in the morning when we attempted to stay up all night and play video games. We were pretty out of it, but we kept it because of how funny it was. It made my heart twist painfully.

“Leave a message…”

“Or else!” I growled and we both broke into laughter before it was cut off. I felt sick as I waited a second and decided to just hang up. My shaky fingers managed to redial Gerard’s number. One ring and he had already picked up.

“Did you get a hold of him?”

I cleared my throat once and tried to talk but I felt a bubble form in my throat. I closed it and cleared my throat again. I bit my lip and managed a quiet reply. “Gerard …”

“I’m coming over, hold on.” I heard his end click and I let the phone fall into my lap. I couldn’t stop my mind from wandering to the worst case scenario. Frank wouldn’t do that. He loves me. I know he does. And I love him. I was going to tell him when he got home. I sat dumbfounded on the couch as the next episode of Twisted came on. I was completely blind to whatever was flashing on the screen. I suddenly had the urge to vomit, but managed to keep it down. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the front door. I walked over and pulled it open to see Gerard standing in the door way, not trying to hide the concern on his face. Before I could stop myself, I let out a whimper. In an instant, Gerard had pulled me against him in an embrace and I began to sob. Gerard wasn’t going to verbally acknowledge how bad this looked. Instead, he walked me to his car and the next thing I knew we were headed to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys, sorry I suck so bad at updating. Things are picking up now though in the story, so hopefully I will update more, plus I have the next two days off :) Cheers!