Dark and Dirty Like You've Never Seen

"Best Friends Forever"

I managed to make it through the first class without making a complete idiot of myself. I resisted the urge to turn around every thirty seconds to catch Frank’s eyes. The one time I did happen to see him he was staring at me with hooded eyes and that ridiculously attractive smirk on his lips. I bite my bottom lip thinking about what had happened earlier and turned back towards the front of the room. Unfortunately, that bad ass persona I managed to muster up to kiss him has now faded and has left a terrified girl in its place. My adrenaline had worn out and now I felt almost embarrassed about what I did. Why did I do that? I mean, I know why; he’s hot as hell and I couldn’t resist the longing I had to feel my lips pressed to his again. It’s not just the looks though, but the way he makes me feel. Is it possible that I have only known him for a few short days? Still, that’s just not like me. He’s going to be sorely disappointed when he finds out that I had a lapse of confidence which has quickly dissipated.

The bell finally rang for first period to end. I slid out of my seat and grabbed my books from under my desk, making sure not to flash my ass at everyone. Stupid skirt; I was so uncomfortable. That’s what I get for showing off. As I stood up, I felt a hand on the small of my back and I froze. I knew exactly who it was without looking. That familiar electricity ran through my body at his slightest touch. I felt his lips close to my ear and his hot breath coating my neck.

“Locker. Now.”

Jesus Christ. Two words out of him and my legs almost gave out from under me. His voice was so thick with a need I couldn’t put into words. It was the same need that coursed through my veins every time I looked at him. I just nodded my head in response, not able to form words at his demand. We walked side by side down the hall to our locker. He stood just a few inches from me, causing the hairs on my arm to stand up and my senses to be on high alert. We reached the locker and I began to put in the combination. I felt his brooding eyes on me the whole time. It was almost weighing me down. I pulled the lock off and swung the door open. I switched out books for my classes and turned to him. He had put his hand up on the locker next to us, trapping me in the confined space. I swallowed hard, pulling my books hard into my chest.

“C-can I help you?” I couldn’t stop myself from stuttering. I mentally kicked myself. A little more confidence, please?

“So … what was that?” his lips twitched. Oh God, please don’t smirk or I won’t be able to control myself.

“What do you -- ” I was cut off by someone ripping back my locker door. I felt my heart sink. Don’t be a teacher, don’t be a teacher …

“Hey, I’ve been texting you all day. Do you have your phone?”

I instantly recognized the high pitched voice as my childhood friend, Lacy. I saw Frank take a step back, shoving his hands in his pockets. I bit my tongue. Whatever he was to say or do wasn’t going to happen now. I saw Lacys gaze turn to Frank. She smiled, stupidly at him. I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. She held out her hand.

“I’m Lacy, and you’re…”

“Frank. Nice to meet you.” he shook her extended hand. I saw her give him a once over before letting his hand go.

“You, too.” She said rather breathy. I looked between her and Frank, neither looking my way. What the fuck? Bad ass Angela was quickly on her way back if something didn’t happen. I couldn’t read the look on Frank’s face, but Lacys was pretty damn obvious.

“I’ll see you later, ok?” Frank finally said looking down at me. I just nodded. He looked at her one more time before looking at me again. He gave me a quick wink before strutting off. There he goes again, making me feel helpless, and for a split second, I forgot what Lacy was just trying to pull. I can’t blame her though. One, she has no idea what has happened the past few days, and two, he’s extremely attractive. But that’s just it. Lacy is shallow. She has a knack for leading guys on, not caring about the collateral damage she causes. I cleared my throat and she snapped her attention back to me.

“So, why haven’t you answered me?” She asked, right back on track as if nothing had interrupted her.

“What was that?”

“You’re still dodging Angela.”

“Ugh … I have my phone on me, I’ve just been … distracted.”

“I noticed. Let me guess…” Her eyes wandered off down the hall in the direction of Frank.

“Kind of. Well, yes. Look I wanted to tell you but it all just sort of happened at once.”

“You need to tell me Ev.Re.Thing.” She broke the word up into syllables. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. That drove me nuts. I looked at the clock on the wall behind her.

“Later, though. Class starts in two minutes. I’ll see you at lunch, ok?”

“Deal!” She pranced off down the hall to her next class, and it seemed like every set of eyes seemed to follow her for just a second or two, especially the guys. I slammed my locker shut, throwing the lock back on and making my way to my next class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way through the crowded lunch room, granola bar and bottle of water in my hands. I knew I wouldn’t be able to eat a lot with all the talking I’m sure lacy had planned. I saw her sitting in our usually spot and worked my way over to her. I plopped down next to her on the bench.

“You’re not eating today?”

“No, I’m trying to stay under a thousand calories a day. My families going on vacation for Christmas break. I don’t want to look bloated in the Bahamas.”

“Oh, cool.” Typical Lacy. She’s as thin as a rail but could always lose a little more. On top of that she’s extremely attractive with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Guys seem to worship the ground she walks on. That and her family has money, lots of it. It seems like she’s always going somewhere on vacation. As we got older, Lacy stopped asking me why my family never went anywhere. She finally understands that everyone isn’t as fortunate as her, or she does to a degree.

“So …”

“So … what?”

“Um, hello? What about this Frank guy? I figured you’d be gushing details. Are you guys like dating? Has he kissed you yet? Has he tried anything? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not big on the tattoos and piercings usually, but a girl can make exceptions.”

“No, Lacy, we’re not dating. We haven’t … “done” anything.” I whispered the last part. Lacy may be a seasoned pro when it comes to sex but I haven’t even left the sidelines. Yes, I’m still a virgin, in most aspects. There was one ex-boyfriend that put his hand up my shirt during a heavy make-out session, but I freaked and punched him, bloodying his nose. Needless to say, that was the end of that relationship. I felt my face get red at the thought of my lack of experience. Lacy was the one that was nice and “understanding” to your face, but even I knew she was judging me on the inside.

“He seemed pretty close to you at your locker, and I saw you get in his car the other day after school. He’s not … you know …”

“Gay? Oh my God, no. Just because we didn’t do anything doesn’t mean I haven’t kissed him.”

“What?!” She let out a squeal of delight. “When the hell we’re you going to tell me that?”

“Well, I was trying to get there, but …”

“I’m sorry. I’ll stop interrupting. Tell me! Oh shoot, I mean now I’ll stop interrupting. Go, go, go!”

“Well, the other day when he took me home from school. He kind of stuck around outside my house for a little bit, just talking …” I thought back to the content of that conversation. She doesn’t need to know all the details. I mean, she does know some details about what happens behind closed doors at my house, but she wouldn’t want to hear about it. Anymore when it’s brought up, she seems annoyed, like she doesn’t believe me, which really pisses me off.

“Then what? Angela, you’re drifting!”

“She brought me back down from my wandering thoughts. “Oh, sorry. Well, I got out of the car and grabbed my stuff, and when I turned around he was just… there. The next thing I knew, he had me pinned against the car and -- ”

“Shut up! Are you serious? That’s so hot!” She gushed. I could tell she was genuinely jealous. My face heated and I couldn’t stop the smile spreading across my face.

“Yeah, it was. And then this morning -- ”

“This morning? That’s why you weren’t answering me. Damn, girl!”

“Yeah … it caught me off guard.” I didn’t have to tell her it was me that initiated that kiss. I’m still trying to process that whole situation.

“So, what now? Are you going to talk to him about it?”

“Well, I think we were going to at my locker…”

“Oh, shit Ang! I’m super sorry. If I would have known earlier I would have left you alone.”

“It’s fine. He said we’d talk later.” Part of me knew that she was lying. Lacy can’t stand the thought of a guy being into anyone but her, especially if she doesn’t have the attention of anyone in particular at the moment. This wouldn’t be the first time Lacy has tried to steal a guy from me, but I hope this time, she doesn’t succeed. I hate that she is my closest friend, and at the same time, no one knows how to push my buttons the way she does, or quiet knows how to shut me down and belittle me. It’s a cruel cycle, but as long as I have her on my good side, I know I have at least one friend in this place. That, and if we ever stop being friends, I wouldn’t want to see how she would treat me if this is the way I’m treated as her “best friend”. As much as she can ruin my life, I actually wanted to talk to her about what I should do about Frank, but before I could she stood up from the table.

“Hey, I’m super happy for you, and I’d love to give you some advice for later use, but I have to get going. Message me after school, ok?” Before I could answer, she was bounding off through the lunch room. I saw her headed in some guys direction. I rolled my eyes. Thanks, Lacy. I stood up and gather my trash, deciding I could just head to my next class early. As I started to walk away from the bench and make my way through the crowded lunch room, I felt a hand on my back pushing me forward. I stumbled and ran right into the guy in front of me, including his tray. I felt an array of things smash into my chest and squish into my clothes. I heard laughing behind, but didn’t get to see the face of the culprit in time. I turned forward again to see who I had run into. I sucked in air hard when I saw the notorious school bully, Aaron standing in front of me. He had a huge smirk on his face, leading me to believe he was behind this “accident” as well.

“Oh, man. Sorry about that. Maybe you should watch where you’re going next time.” Sarcasm dripped from every word. I balled up my fists. I felt my whole face heat up from embarrassment as people started to look our way and laugh. I turned to look for Lacy. I saw her just as she disappeared behind the crowd of people. I couldn’t contain my rage anymore. The one person who could have saved me from this ditched me. I turned back to Aaron who was laughing with everyone else. Before I could stop myself, I felt my fist go up and ram right into his nose. I felt my fingers crack and brought them back down to me fast, holding them to my chest. I couldn’t tell which one of us cried out. That’s when I saw the blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, here's another rewrite. I think I'm starting to get back in the swing of things, so I'll start posting them more often. Just keep checking back. Cheers.