Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Thirteen

-*~- Two months later -~*-

As I suspected, Emilie was pretty much dumped cold turkey when she told Sarah that she and I were no longer an item. She told Sarah that we’d both just decided that we’d prefer to be best friends rather than boyfriend and girlfriend and she didn’t mention Zach either, for which I was grateful. Em says she’s not too upset about losing her popularity. She says that the girls she’d been hanging out with were total bitches; gossiping about anyone who turned their back long enough. Em isn’t that kind of person and she didn’t like it when the other girls talked about each other behind their backs, so she’s glad that she’s left the ‘popular’ group. She’s now started hanging around with me, Zach, Rachael, and a girl who started at our school about two weeks ago, Hanna. It was weird that Hanna started so close to summer break, but she didn't really give any explanation as to why her parents decided that two weeks of school would do her any good. I don't know. Some parents are strange... like mine...

Anyway, Em told me the other day that she was happier hanging around with us than she’d been for the last 8 or so months that she’d been trying to keep up with Sarah and all her crazy rules; even if it means that she has to watch her best friend practically “slobbering all over his boyfriends’ tonsils” (her words) every lunch. Aside from the odd little remark or a grimace here and there, Emilie’s been really cool about me and Zach being together. So is Hanna. I was a little worried when Emilie first introduced her to us; worried about what Hanna would think of two guys together, but she was totally cool with it. She told us that she’d had a gay friend at her old school, and although he was teased mercilessly by most of the other students; she had befriended him, and he was the nicest guy she’d ever met.

So it’s been really cool that I can be myself around my friends at school, but...I don’t know. I kinda want my parents to know. It’s a big risk though, but I have a reason as to why I suddenly want them to know. But first, there’s something I need Zach to know, and something I’d like to do before I go the next step and tell my family what is probably my biggest secret.

~~~

Zach and I were lying facing each other on my bed. It was the start of school break and we had the house to ourselves for the night – Mom and dad were at a birthday party and Dec was hanging out with some of his friends and then spending the night at one of their houses. Zach had one hand resting on my hip and the other was in between us; his fingers softly tracing patterns onto the skin of my torso. He had pushed my shirt up under my armpits to give him a larger canvas, and I gotta admit; the feel of his fingers on my skin felt really nice – tickly, but nice. Every now and then, he’d lean over and capture my lips in a light kiss, before going back to his ‘drawing’.

I sighed in content, before deciding that now would be the best time to tell Zach what I had planned. I sighed again, before burying my head in Zach’s clothed chest. He stopped drawing on my stomach and placed his arms around me in a slight hug.

“Hey, Zacky?” I said quietly to his chest. I was so nervous. What if he doesn’t feel the same? I’m going to look like an idiot.
“Mm?”
“I –” Now or never. “I-I love you,” I murmured into the fabric of his t-shirt. He was silent for a long time, and my breathing was all rushed and uneven as I waited for his reply, whatever it would be.

He must’ve been holding his breath, because he breathed out slowly before taking my face out of his shirt and looking me in the eyes; his expression was difficult to read.
“You mean that?”
I nodded, and buried my head again.
“I love you, too. So much.”
I looked up. “Really?”
“Of course I do.” Zach smiled and kissed me passionately. “You have no idea how much I love you, Cameron Gaskarth.”

“C-can you... um,” I went bright red just thinking about what I was about to ask.
“Can I what?” he asked with a slight chuckle. I looked up at him.
“C-can you... s-show me?” I squeaked out.
“Show you?” Then realisation hit, and shock swept across his features. “Y-you want me to...um?”
I nodded, and went, if it’s even possible, redder than I had been before.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes,” I replied firmly, and started to lift the bottom of his shirt as I captured his lips with my own in a fervent kiss.

Then the night that had started out so ordinary, became extraordinary. Clothes were removed, inhibitions were shed, and pain was felt as the sweaty bodies of two people in love became one in a night that I know I will remember forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only short but...
Commentssssss? Please? :)