Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Thirty

I woke up to quiet talking between two or more people who were in my hotel room. I was lying on my stomach, which I guess is a good thing because the sheet was about three quarters of the way down my ass, leaving pretty much my whole body except for my legs exposed. I was aware enough to notice that Zach was no longer in bed with me, but I recognised his voice as one of the ones talking so I knew that he hadn’t left the room.
I stirred and turned my head to the side to see Zach sitting in the chair next to the window wearing nothing but a pair of black boxers and facing near the doorway, obviously talking to someone who was standing there. I moved my body slightly so that I could see more of the room and my eyes fell on Jake and Jackson. My face immediately went beet red and I grabbed the sheet and pulled it up under my armpits before turning the whole way over so that I was lying on my back.

The three of them laughed and I scowled.
“Nice ass,” Jake said teasingly.
“Shut up…butthead,” I grumbled, too tired to think of a better insult.
“’Butthead’?” Jake asked, laughing hard, “Wow, Cameron. I’m hurt. How will I ever continue living with the knowledge that I’m a butthead?”
“Shut the fuck up! Explain why you’re here or piss off. It’s too early for me to deal with your shit! Explain, or get out,” I yelled as loudly as I could, which wasn’t very loud because of all the noise I made the night before. Jake opened his mouth again but I cut him off before he said anything, “Don’t even say a word. Now, what do you want?” I asked impatiently.
Jackson decided to rescue me from this torture that his friend was putting me through, “Remember…? You were going to come down to Kiama with us? To check out the school and some of the motels around there and stuff?”

I stared at him for a long minute before his words clicked in my brain and I finally remembered, “Oh yeah! I forgot.” Jake muttered sarcastically under his breath, “Really?” and I glared at him before continuing, “When are we leaving?”
“Soon as you’re ready,” Jackson replied.
“Okay. Well, leave, unless you wanna see me naked.”
“Too late,” Jake muttered.
“Oh get over it, and get out,” I was starting to get impatient. Jackson placed a hand on Jake’s shoulder and led him out the door. Just as he was about to close it, he looked back in.
“We’ll be waiting down in the foyer, okay?”
“Yep, that’s fine. Oh hey, dad knows we’re going down today, doesn’t he?”
Jackson nodded, “Yeah, as far as I know.”
“Okay then,” I said as the door closed with a quiet click.

Zach got out of his chair and lay down on the bed next to me. He took my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes for a few seconds before kissing me softly.
“Good morning,” he whispered. “You have no idea how long I waited to do that this morning.”
“How long were you awake before they came in?” I asked, kissing him again.
“Not too long. They wanted to wake you up, but I wouldn’t let them. They don’t know how much of a bitch you are if you’re woken up,” he said with a grin.
I hit him lightly on the chest, “I am NOT a bitch…” He gave me a look of disbelief. “Okay, maybe I am… but I don’t mean to be! It’s not my fault I like my sleep!”
“Of course it’s not, honey. Now, you better get dressed before I’ll be forced to sex you into the mattress again.”
“I wouldn’t mind that…”
“No, neither would I, but your friends would. So… as much as I would love it if you stayed wearing nothing all day, I think you’ve already shown enough skin to Jake and Jackson today and you don’t want to scare them off. C’mon, let’s get dressed.”

Zach got off the bed, dragging the top of the sheet down as he went, leaving me completely exposed as he moved down the bed. I noticed his eyes scanning up and down my body and I grinned internally when I saw him lick his lips subconsciously before moving towards a suitcase that was sitting near the door. (It wasn’t there before we went to bed; somebody must’ve come in last night or early this morning and delivered it.) Zach bent down and fished around in it before triumphantly pulling out a pair of dark grey skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I watched him struggle to pull the ends of the jeans over his big feet with a slight smile on my face, which he returned when his head popped out of the neck hole of his t-shirt after he put it on.

“Get dressed! I don’t want to have to take all this off again because I can’t control myself!” Zach said, looking exasperated.
I giggled. “Okay, Zacky,” I said, sliding down the bed until I was sitting at the end. I stood up and made my way over to my suitcase, swaying my hips a little more than necessary, earning a groan to erupt from deep in Zach’s throat. I smiled, but didn’t turn around. I dug around a bit until I found a pair of white skinny jeans with rips all down the legs and my hoodie that has ‘Little Miss Chatterbox’ on the front. I dragged them on slowly, apparently teasing Zach because he yelled at me to hurry up at least three times. After finally pulling my hoodie over my head, I turned around with a smirk on my face.
“Problem, Zachary?”
“No. No problem,” he said coolly, “Now, are you ready?” he asked, opening the door.

I nodded before grabbing my ugg boots and slipping them on my feet. After losing my balance slightly on the second foot, I stood up straight and bounced over to Zach. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his head down so that I could kiss him roughly on the lips quickly before letting go and skipping down the hall towards the elevator and pressing the down arrow. I looked back and saw Zach closing the door, shaking his head at my insanity. Oh well, he should be used to it by now. Just as he got to me, the elevator beeped and the doors opened, allowing us access into the small room that we’d pretty much got it on in the day before. I jumped in and Zach followed, pressing the button for the ground floor.

We were joined by a few people who got on at the fifth floor and when the elevator arrived on the ground floor, Zach and I spotted Jake and Jackson standing near the reception desk, looking bored.

We walked up to them. “Jackson,” I greeted, nodding once, and then turned to Jake, “Asshole.”
“Nice to see you’re dressed,” Jake said snidely, “Are you ready to go?”
“Yup.”
“Okay. Let’s go then. My car’s out here,” Jackson spoke up.

Zach and I got settled in Jackson’s backseat (not like that!) and Jake settled in the front passenger seat before Jackson started the car and Escape the Fate came blasting through the speakers. I laughed, and Jake turned around in his seat.
“What’s wrong? You don’t like Escape?”
“No, I love them. I think my uncle would kill me if I didn’t like them…” I trailed off when Jake looked confused.
“Your uncle’s a fan or something?”
“Not quite. He’s in the band.”
Jake’s jaw dropped, “You’re not serious, are you? You are joking?”
I shook my head, “Max is my mom’s brother.”
“Dude! Why are you related to all the good bands? Next you’ll be telling me that Hayley Williams is your long-lost sister or something.”
“Nah, not quite. But she’s awesome; I wish she was my long-lost sister. She’s a lot of fun.”
Jackson stopped at some traffic lights and turned to face me. “Just how many band people do you know? You seem to know everyone!” he exclaimed.

I began listing all the people I had met through my father and explained a little about each of them, giving something for Jake and Jackson to gush over. It was quite funny to watch, actually; after almost every single person I mentioned, Jake looked like he was about to have a mini heart-attack or something. Zach had heard this all before so he rested his head on my shoulder and went to sleep for the duration of the two-hour car trip. I was tired of my own voice by the time we arrived in Kiama and I was glad to stop talking; my throat was still sore from the night before.

Kiama was a pretty little town, from what I saw as we drove through it. I knew I was going to like it there as soon as I saw the cute little shops and the gorgeous beaches. Suddenly, I couldn’t wait to move into the little apartment that dad had found for Zach and I to live in for the duration of my stay in Australia.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!!!??!

<3
Dallas Green
Danny Worsnop.

Thank you! :)