When Everything Gets Crazy, I Get Lost In You.

Chapter 15.

I stick my key in the front door of my house and push it open quickly, then I take my coat off and throw it on it's hook. I jog as quickly as I can through the foyer, kicking out of my five inch tall leopard print wedge booties. Adam is sitting on the couch watching me in my mad dash to get into the house. I sprint over to him as fast as I can.

"What the hell?" he says as I jump up into his lap, my legs on either side of his body. I grab the sides of his face and kiss his lips as his hands wander up my bare sides. When we part he smiles at me.

"Hey," he says.

"Babe! Do you realize we are leaving tomorrow morning for God knows how long and I don't have a fucking single thing packed? That's less than twenty four hours away."

"Why don't you have anything packed? What have you been doing all morning?"

"I had to go to Jack's probation meeting with him so I could meet with his probation officer. Which, by the way, if he stays out of trouble for another three months, he'll be done with in April. But, the only thing I could think about in that meeting was the fact that we're leaving and I have nothing done. I mean what the fuck? How am I supposed to get all of that shit around in time to go tomorrow?" I notice that while I'm rambling on, he has put his hand up the front of my cropped sweater and is now groping my breast.

"Are you even listening to me? You just put your hand on my boob." He gently rubs his thumb across my nipple, sending a fire straight to my lower abdomen and moving lower.

"You're so soft," he says, his voice low and rasping. I grab his hand and pull it out from my sweater.

"Jeez," I say. He laughs at me.

"I have a genuine problem and all you can think about is groping me."

"Fuck it," he says, laughing. I laugh too. "Just, fuck it." He grabs me around my sides and pushes me down on my back on the couch, coming down on top of me.

While we're kissing I hear a noise coming from outside. As far as I know we're alone. Jack was going to a class after the meeting with the probation officer.

"Did you hear that?" I ask Adam. He keeps kissing me, ignoring my question. A second later I hear the back screen door being opened and the back door being pushed open.

"Yoohoo!" Adam gets up first and looks over the back of the couch. I adjust myself and pull my sweater back down over my boobs before I sit up. Mike is standing in the dining room.

"What the fuck, Gontier? You don't have the class to take my sister in the bedroom? You have to take her out here. Fucking jerk!" he yells. Adam rolls his eyes and gets up off of me.

"What are you doing here, Rex?" he asks him.

"Well, if you would keep your dick out of my sister long enough to remember, I told you that I was coming over to use some of your equipment downstairs." Adam gets a bottle of water out of the fridge and takes a sip of it.

"Yeah man, lets do it."

"Hi Mike, how ya doin?" I say from the couch sarcastically. He grins.

"Better than you, I'm assuming." I glare at him and flip him off. He just laughs and follows Adam downstairs to the basement. I get up from the couch and go into my bedroom. I get my biggest suitcase and a smaller one out and put them both on the bed and unzip them.

I look at their emptiness for a few minutes then go into my closet and look around. I don't even know where to start. I grab a smaller bag that was meant to be a makeup bag, and put some jewelry in it. When it's full I toss it into the biggest suitcase. Then I grab my favorite pair of combat boots and throw them in the bag. I plop down on my back on the bed and I hear Mabel come into the room. I tilt my head back so that it's hanging over the side of the bed and look at her. She comes over to me and I pet her head, and she licks my cheek.

"I wish I could take you with me, girl," I say to her, still petting her. "Will you help me pack?" She turns around then and walks out of the room. I sigh.

"Apparently that's a no, then." I reach back and grab my cigarettes off of Adam's nightstand and light one up for myself, then I grab the phone and dial a number into it.

"Hello?" Billie answers on the third ring.

"Mommy? I need help," I whine.

"Oh Lord. The last time you needed help Adam was wasted on God knows what. What's wrong now?"

"We're leaving on tour tomorrow and I don't have anything packed."

"OK?"

"Will you come over and help me pack?" She sighs.

"I'm on my way."

"Thanks Mommy!" I say happily. She laughs and we say goodbye, then I hang up.

About twenty minutes later, I hear a knock on the door then the doorbell rings. I answer it and Billie comes in.

"Thank God you're here. I am in desperate need of your assistance," I say to her, leading her into the bedroom.

"Lets see what you've got here." She peers into my bags and raises her eyebrow. "Oh."

"Yeah. You see now why I called?"

"Yes I do. Alright then, lets get started. How long are you going to be gone?" she asks as she takes her coat off and hangs it over the desk chair.

"Right now, they have a month and a half planned, but that could change while we're out there."

"OK, so you need to take only as much clothing as you'll need for two weeks. You can get it washed out there."

"OK..." We go into the closet and start pulling pairs of jeans from their hangers, and folding them and putting them nicely into my suitcase. After a couple hours, Adam and Mike come upstairs to see how we're doing.

"Well isn't this nice? Two of my favorite boys in the same place at the same time," Billie says, going over and giving them both hugs.

"How is the packing going?" Adam asks me, giving me a kiss.

"Fine. We're sorting my closet at the same time as we're packing." He grimaces.

"Leave my side alone, that's all I ask."

"We are, don't worry Babe." I give him another kiss.

"Sophie what are you making us for dinner?" Mike asks me.

"I don't know. Are you staying for dinner?"

"If you're going to make it for me, hell yeah." I hear the front door open and I see Jack come inside. He glances into the bedroom without saying anything, then he goes into his room, shutting the door behind him.

"If we're having dinner I can call Dad and have him stop by the store and then come over here," Billie says.

"That would be good. Just have him get some stuff for spaghetti and garlic bread."

"OK. I'll be right back." She goes out to the main room to call my dad while I continue to go through a pile of clothes. Adam and Mike go out to the living room to watch TV and wait for my dad to come over. When Billie's done making the call, she comes back in the room to help me.

"So, are you going to be the only wife out this time around?" Billie asks me while we sort.

"Barry's fiance Heather, is coming out in a week. She'll fly out to where we are and then go the rest of the time with us. Janin and Rhonda can't come because they both have brand new babies to take care of, obviously," I say with a laugh.

"Speaking of babies..."

"Drop it, Billie."

"All I'm saying is your father and I aren't getting any younger, and neither are you and Adam."

"We aren't that old! I'm turning thirty this year, for fucks sake!"

"Yeah, but if you had a baby right now that put you at forty when the kid is ten years old."

"Adam and I have decided that if we even have kids, it won't be for a while. We're happy with our lives right now, just making a go of it like this for a while."

"That's nice, Sophie. Just think about what I said."

"Fine," I say. "Why aren't you on Liv about this?"

"Because, she has Kya and it's all she can handle at the moment. Your brother is a Marine and doesn't have anyone in his life right now, so obviously that's not happening. And as much as I love Shayna and Mike together, we both know how that child would turn out." I laugh.

"Yes we do." I hear my dad's voice out in the living room a little while later, but I just stay doing what I'm doing. A little while later though, I hear a loud bang and him yelling. Billie and I exchange glances then get up and go out to the living room to see what the racket is.

"Get him Adz! Don't let him get away with that shit in your fucking house. Kick his ass!" My dad yells. I see Adam and Mike rolling around on the floor wrestling like idiots. They have their arms and legs wrapped around each other in awkward positions and Adam has Mike in a headlock.

"You see what I have to live with?" I say to Billie. She smiles.

"I lived with it my whole life, angel."

"Come on, get him Adam!" my dad yells. I roll my eyes and look out into the kitchen where Jack is standing over the stove stirring something in a pan.

"You didn't have to cook, Jack. I would have gotten to it eventually." He looks at me and grins.

"Yeah, when everyone was starving," he says, his voice low in tone like it usually is. He gets some silverware from out of the drawer and starts setting the table. I look back and see that the fight between Adam and Mike has ended now. Adam is standing over Mike, who is laying on the floor. Adam pretends to spit on Mike's apparently lifeless body which gets a laugh from my father. I just roll my eyes again.

"Unbelievable." Adam offers a hand to Mike and helps him back to his feet, then Mike goes and sits down at the dining room table and watches as Jack sets it.

"Dinner almost ready?" he asks him.

"Almost," Jack says in a quiet voice.

"So Cracker Jack," he says. "When are you going to finally come out?" Jack looks up at him for a second then goes back to setting the table.

"Don't you think it's about time for a new joke?"

"Listen Jack, it's all over the talk shows. You have to admit to yourself who you are as a person inside. If you're a homosexual, do you think I care? I love you, man. You're my brother."

"Mikey, I guarantee you that I'm banging way more chicks than you are," he says, laughing and sticking his tongue out at Mike, showing off his tongue piercing. Mike laughs.

"And they're OK with you being gay?" Jacks face narrows.

"Why do you even let him bother you?" my dad asks Jack.

"Because I'm not gay, Joe."

"That sounded pretty gay," Mike says, laughing. "If you ain't gay then how come you got that big thick meat tenderizer in your tongue?" My dad starts laughing with him. Jack glares at both of them, then slams a napkin down on the table. He stomps past me and Billie and goes into mine and Adam's bedroom.

"Jack!" Mike yells. "Jack!" I look over my shoulder and see Jack go into the master bathroom.

"Jack, come on man I was only kidding. That tongue ring is very masculine." he says. "Come on man, lets eat. Bring out that food." Jack slams the bathroom door shut and Mike laughs again.

"Are you happy now?" I ask Mike.

"I was just messing with him. He knows that."

"Really? Does he know that, Michael? That's the shit he had to put up with his whole life."

"Oh go fuck yourself. The shit he went through growing is ten times fucking worse than me giving him shit about being gay. I know he's not gay, he's got Nikki." I roll my eyes again.

"Whatever. I'm done with you. All of you." I turn on my heel and go back into the bedroom with Billie following along behind me.

We go back to packing in silence. A few minutes later, Jack comes out of the bathroom. I go over to him.

"You OK?" He grins.

"Yeah Mama. I can handle punks like him giving me shit." He turns and walks out of the bedroom and back out to the living room. I shake my head and turn back to Billie.

"So what else do we need to pack?" I ask her.

"Any make up or bathroom things you'll need." I nod and go into the bathroom with a smaller bag in my hand. I open up some drawers and pull out my flat iron and toss it in the bag. Then I go through and grab anything on the counter that I might want or need. As I reach for a tube of mascara, I notice something shiny on the counter. I pick it up and see that it's Jack's tongue ring. I sigh and put it in my jeans pocket then go back to packing.

Later that night after everyone is gone, I go into Jack's room. I find him sitting on his bed smoking a hand rolled cigarette and playing his guitar that I bought him for Christmas. I take the tongue ring out of my jeans pocket and set it down on his nightstand. He looks at it and laughs.

"There's nothing more that you can do. It's gone beyond what you can help me through. An emptiness has covered me. Oh mama please come and save me." he sings to me.

"I love you," I say to him.

"Yeah."

****************************************************************************

The next morning Adam and I get up and take showers at about six in the morning. We're meeting the guys at the airport at seven-thirty to fly out to Nashville so they can rehearse tonight for the first show tomorrow night. Billie and I got all of my stuff packed lastnight and loaded into Jack's car since he's going to be the one taking us to the airport so we don't have to leave the Tahoe there for two months.

When we're ready to leave, Adam and I pet the dogs and tell them bye, then the three of us all head out to the car. I'm in the backseat, trying to get myself pumped up for the flight. The last time I flew it was to go see Adam when he was on tour the last time. I'm really hoping that we don't have to fly a lot on this tour. Most times they use the bus to get places, but if they have to travel a long distance for a show the next day they fly. I haven't looked at the tour schedule to see if we'll have to do that this time around.

At the airport we meet up with the guys and their manager for this tour, Chris. Adam and I give Jack hugs and say goodbye to him so that he can leave because he has to go to work. Him and Nikki are both going to be staying at the house while we're gone so that the dogs don't have to go stay with my parent's. Jack would be there anyways, but we decided that if Nikki wanted she could stay there full time while we were gone too. It will make it easier for both of them with traveling between work and school.

When they call for our flight to board we give our tickets to the flight attendant. I sit in a seat in between Adam and Brad, and hold Adam's hand as we take off. When we're in the air I put my ipod earbuds in my ears and turn on some Seether to relax myself... Well, as relaxed as a person can get by listening to Seether anyways. Adam lays his head on my shoulder and closes his eyes and I smile to myself. Here we go again, Babe.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you are. I like this chapter. I had to get it updated before I got too busy and couldn't.
Merry Christmas, loves!
BTW, I know there is at least one person who is reading this and not leaving a comment. Do it!! I would love to know what you think of it.
Enjoy and remember, comments are love. :)
Morgan.
Sophie's outfit.