Status: Hiatus Until Thanksgiving Break, college sucks :(

Dear Mom, Thanks For Sending Your Human Daughter to a Boarding School of Supernaturals

Awakening

It's so easy to destroy and condemn
The ones you do not understand
Do you ever wonder if it's justified?


--Within Temptation "Destroyed"

Two weeks have passed. It’s been a while since I returned. I was out in town with Richard trailing behind me, acting as my bodyguard. I was constantly watched by either him or Kiser and the other faeries, as instructed by their queen, Dianthine. There was no sign of Victor ever since that incident. I have been utterly in wonder after being carried off by the guy named Goddard. He was such a beautiful man. I just couldn’t help but wonder if I’ll ever see him again.

“Don’t worry about meeting Goddard again. He doesn’t have to grace himself to you.” Richard spat.

Of course my dear, sarcastic, rude friend, if you can even call him that, would say that. From day one, Richard has tried to kill me, eat me, and also he’s saved me numerous times. Talk about a complicated guy. I can never tell what he was thinking or what his character was like. Somehow after all the bad shit he’s done to me I trust him the most out of all the people I’ve met in this mad house school. At least he’s never lied to me yet.

Yet being the key word.

“I’d appreciated if you stay out of my head.” I snapped.

He coughed in response as we kept going on.

“Iris?”

Woah,

“Oh my god, Iris! IRIS! It’s me! Ben!”

Turning around I saw somebody that actually brought tears to my eyes. It was Benjamin Taylor, my best friend from the U.S. He was dressed as fashionably as ever in his warm sky blue cashmere sweater that was over top his dark brown v-neck shirt. He wore black slacks and a pair of oxfords shoes. As far as I knew, he was gay.

“Hey Ben.” I bit my lip looking back to see Richard standing with a sort of shocked expression. He backed away into the crowd even though my eyes begged him not to and soon I couldn’t even see him.

“What’s the matter? Where you with someone?” Ben shook his dark brown hair as he jogged over. I looked into those familiar blue eyes and felt a bit calm.

I shook my head. “No. I was just shopping around and you surprised me. What are you doing here?”

He smiled holding up his black suitcase. “I’m here for studying abroad. I didn’t know you were here. I thought your mom sent you to boot camp.”

I told everyone back home that I was being set to a boot camp. Well the thing is, that sounded a lot better than telling them I was being sent to a prestigious boarding school. I hated being defined by money so acting like a rebel teen seemed to make people admire me more than envying me.

“Uh… well it sort of feels like a prison to me.” I laughed, “Yea that’s definitely what the place feels like.”

“Where is it? Is it far? Do they all visits?” He smiled brightly and reached over to hold my hand as he led the way through the streets. “Come on, let’s hang out Iris. I missed my best friend.”

“Yea. I missed you too.”

---------------------

“No way!”

Oh god.

“This is NO BOOT CAMP.”

“Shhh Benjamin, why don’t you wake up all of Europe??” I hissed as I pulled him away from my school’s gate.

Ben was a stone. He stood firmly while staring with awe over the towering tall buildings of the school’s architecture. Like always, it gave off this 19th century gothic vibe that was completely rich with history and darkness. The darkness having to be all of Earth’s supernaturals crawling through the corridors just beyond the entrance.

All that and Benjamin is probably standing there gawking like a teenage boy in love. That is, he’s fascinated with experimenting his libido with snobby rich kids, only the snobby rich kids all have fangs and claws. Too bad he doesn’t know right?

“Anyway,” I said as I finally got him to pull back. “I have to get in before curfew and you should get to your school.”

Ben gave me a puppy dog expression but I my face remained unchanged. His cute expression suddenly turned sour as he picked his black suitcase up again and sighed. “No fair Iris. You get to be in a school full of beautiful rich men and I get stuck with a school full of rejects.”

“Oh that’s real civil of you to call your classmates ‘rejects’ Ben.” That’s the thing about Ben. He can never watch his nasty little mouth.

He bit his lip and instantly shook his head, “I mean… I’m alone. I want to be in school with you. I miss you Iris. You’re family to me. I came here to see you to tell you the truth.”

My chest pounded. I turned back to my close friend and felt my bottom lip trembled. I missed him too. I missed all of my friends. Hell I even missed my bitch conniving mom who has never sent me a phone call or a letter since she dumped me here.

I was almost about to have a break down when suddenly I saw Richard across the street. His eyes were stone cold and dead set on me. My eyes were full of water but I quickly blinked them away. Suddenly everything was right back in perspective. There was no way I could spill everything to Ben, or even return to being his normal best friend because the fact was, I wasn’t normal anymore. I am someone who’s been in touch with a world unlike any other.

“I’m sorry, I miss you too but I really have to go.” I said with a firm voice I hardly knew I could muster. “Go to your school.” I quickly went slipped through the gates and shut them behind me before he could drop his things and stop me.

Ben was already shaking the gates as I began walking.

“You’re lying! It’s more than that! You don’t want to be here! You want to go home!” He shouted furiously as he shook the gates.

I opened the school doors and wrenched myself in.

“YOU DON’T BELONG IN THERE IRIS BLACK! YOU DON’T!”

Then where am I supposed to belong?

-----------------------------

I mailed in a letter to my mom that night.

It said, “When can I come home? Why don’t you call me? Did I embarrass you that much?”

I wonder.

“You seem so empty these days. I really worry about you.” Dianthine sighed as she glided over to my bed with effortless grace. “Tell me what’s on your mind mortal?”

I shrugged. “I met my friend from the U.S. today and it just recently hit me that my mother hasn’t had contact with me ever since I came here.”

Dianthine sat quietly and took my hand in hers. “Perhaps she is trying to make it easier for you to deal with your new environment? If she were to make contact with you, might you want to take a plane back home right at that instant?”

No. No I wouldn’t. My silent response gave her some sort of idea of what I was thinking. “Dianthine, my mom and I don’t have a great relationship. In fact, I hated living with her.” I paused trying to pick my words carefully, “but she’s my mom. And I know moms are supposed to care but, it’s like she really doesn’t care about me. That’s got to be why she sent me so far away from home, from my friends. She did it to spite me because I embarrass her with my bad reputation.”

“Shhhh darling, don’t think like that.” Dianthine embraced me with a maternal sense. It felt nice to be in her arms. If only my mom was like this.

After a while, Dianthine put me to sleep and left my bedroom. The next morning came and I got up to go to classes. I simply wore khaki shorts, a blue shirt, and some oxford shoes. When I walked out I started to head for first block when I suddenly heard distant chattering. I shrugged it off and continued to walk towards the exit of the dorms but the chattering grew louder and more excited as I got closer and closer to the outside.

“BEN!!!!!”

There he was outside, a crowd of supernaturals gazing at him. Behind him, holding his arms tightly cross was Victor. A wicked grin was on his face as he pulled Benjamin to his mouth. The crowd was full of many kinds of supernaturals. Some faeries, some weres, and even vampires. I saw other creatures I’ve never seen before gather around this strange event.

I was running towards them screaming for Ben. The crowd was shouting “DEVOUR HIM!”

“TAKE HIS SOUL”

“SPILL HIS BLOOD!”

I screamed and screamed as I shoved my way through. Victor looked up at me with a wide grin on his face. His left eye was covered with an eye patch. I could feel his wrath for vengeance vibrating from his ominous teeth.

“NO PLEASE DON’T!”

Ben shrieked.

His neck was violently torn to pieces until all that was left in Victor’s hand was his skull. The crowd held me back. They snickered in my ear. They laughed at Ben’s body. They enjoyed the blood spill, and its vicious gore. Bile rose from my throat and I spewed all over the grass. I felt them release me as I puked.

“Disgusting.” They were shrill with laughter.

My hands gripped the grass. I coughed, choking on air.

“This is for defying me and breaking our contract Iris Black.” Victor said.

The grown below me shook, the crowd fell silent. The skies darkened and I rose from ground staring tearfully at everyone. I felt my hands tingle with static. My body warm like flames.

“You monsters…. YOU FUCKING MONSTERS!”

And all hell broke loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is shorter than the others but it's an intiative start for the plot to unfold C:< hehehehehe Iris is being a baaaaaaaaad girl now.

Oh here's Ben. RIP Ben :<

Image