Status: Hiatus Until Thanksgiving Break, college sucks :(

Dear Mom, Thanks For Sending Your Human Daughter to a Boarding School of Supernaturals

An Eye For An Eye, A Fang For A Fang

This is just self-induced terror
there's more to come
this is just a glimpse
I tell myself it's all in my head
but I'm pretty hard to convince


--Alexisonfire "To A Friend"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may think it’s completely ridiculous but going to class is actually a relaxing setting than hanging around my room. So far, everything dangerous that has happened, happened outside of class. The more time I spent with the people around me, the safer I was.

Dianthine was very protective and motherly towards me. I couldn’t understand why. She was a faerie queen with beautiful flawless skin and raging red hair. Her clear bright eyes and her luminous complexion was about as attractive as any hot guy that could walk down the fashion runway show. All though she was very sweet and affectionate, she also had her mischievous outlook on life. I’ll always have to remind myself that she can be very, very, very cruel if she wants to be.

In my astronomy class, I was sitting with a group of faeries. There were about three in the class out of the twenty three students. All of them were very loyal to Dianthine and were ordered to treat me as they would her. I appreciated her attempt to make me feel welcomed. I could tell her faeries didn’t fully agree with their queen but they did what she told them and that’s all that mattered to her.

Kiser was a red head just like the queen and his cousin Juniper was ash blond. Both seemed very kind and bubbly but I could tell something dark shimmering behind those glossy eyes. Uli was a tomboyish character of a faerie yet she still was pretty damn beautiful. Her short black pixie hair cut and those sharp eyes went fine with her compact and delicate figure. All of them were updating me on all of the factual things of the supernatural world.

“So I’m amazed that Victor came to rescue you.” Juniper smiled wide. “He is such a player I wouldn’t trust him one bit.”
Kiser rolled his eyes. “Yeah, only because the one night you spent with him ended with you getting petty fucked and no boyfriend.”

That, was definitely cruel but Juniper seemed to like her brothers words and gave a shrill laugh. I shivered at their behavior. Uli glanced up from her astronomy text book and gave a small smile. With her soft voice she leaned over in her black t-shirt and cargo pants. “Speaking of Victor, he is actually showing up for class today.”

And right on cue, a tall broad guy entered the class room in a black wife beater and black leather pants. He appeared with a sort of arrogance that most of the supernaturals I’ve met carried. He looked over to me and gave this sort of wink and I flushed with confusion and turned my attention back to the faerie group.

“Oh I see another petty fucked case coming riiiight up.” Kiser gave an exasperated sigh.

Unlike Juniper, I didn’t take his words too kindly. “Shut the fuck up.”

Victor was definitely handsome to the extreme. His biceps were very appealing like a big juicy steak. The teacher was reading the newspaper as he came in to sit nearby our group. His eyes were on me as he leaned forward with a haughty smile. “Iris.” He drawled in a sort of growl.

Before I could answer, Juniper lightly pushed me aside with her shoulder and gave a wicked smile to the demon. “Oh hellllo Victor, come back for more?” Juniper batted eye lashes at him but instead of a hello back he flicked some sort of energy at her that made her shriek in pain. Kiser didn’t react. He watched his cousin writhe in pain and Uli just flipped a page in her book. Me? I stared horrified and after Juniper stopped, I noticed the rest of the class was staring with great interest and entertainment.

I glared at Victor who was giving me a satisfied look. “What was that for?” I said in a deadly voice.

Juniper was tearing up and at this point Kiser was now giving his cousin an awkward pat on the back.

“Oh it’s a reminder that I’m not a powder-puff like them.” He replied in a light voice. “And to make up those goody two shoe points for helping you last night.”

It was great to know that being nice had a price. I still wondered why he saved me but I decided he probably wouldn’t answer in front of everyone in class.

Astronomy class continued on and we were all doing group work from the textbook. Victor was quiet and of course he was in a small group of other demons who were less powerful than him. I’m assuming since he’s ascending his status to a demi god, these other demons would be attracted to him like flies on shit.

After class the faeries and I went separate ways. School was over for the day and I definitely didn’t want to be alone. At the same time I saw Cristanto dashing towards me and I almost gave a yelp when he stopped inches from my face. “When did you associate with demons?” He stared curiously after Victor.

“I don’t.” I said trying not to sound snippy. “Last night, he just came in and you took off. Nothing happened except you basically shit your pants after seeing a demon.” That seemed to hit a sore spot and with all the rage Cristanto lifted his hand to smack me and I was ready until he paused and smiled his toothy grin.

“My father wants to see you.” He said. Jackass, he was teasing me. “Something about a stolen locket has really aggravated him.”

Oh shit. I forgot all about that.

“I’ll tell him the truth.” I said slightly nervous about what his father would be like. Maybe like father like son? Or something like that?

“Your words against mine, but I doubt you’ll be in that much trouble. I have a feeling something interesting will happen.” His tone implied something very off but I was determined not to let him faze me.

I didn’t have much of a choice though. I could die right where I stood if I refuse so I followed him to the vampire realm portal and we were making our way through the grassy fields and towards the familiar rose garden. He reached for my hand at the entrance of the flowers and when I looked at it confused, he snatched my hand and pulled me closer to him with a smirk.

“Come now, after the kissing and biting, you can’t tell me you’re not head over heels for me.” He said.

I couldn’t believe it. Not that I usually don’t have boys falling for me but a vampire? My enemy? He fancies me? Unbelievable… Or maybe he’s just teasing? Nah, I’ve seen this act before. Guys try to make it seem like you’re the one who fell for them when they’re the ones wasting their attentionson you. And I knew I was right when I got a reminding squeeze of his hand on mine.
“You think… “ I started in disbelief, “That I fell for you?”

“You dream about me.” He answered simply. “You’re attracted to me.”

I didn’t say anything else till we were in front of his father’s library once again. It was worthless to even argue with someone so sturbborn. I wondered if Dianthine would be worried about where I was. Maybe she’d tell Richard. I doubt she’d come herself being the queen and all. But then again, Dianthine does all the unexpected.

We entered. Cristanto let go of my hand very quickly and shoved me through the door first and hard. I stumbled in almost tripping over my feet but I managed to compose myself – that damned jerk! – to face a man looking to be in his mid twenties. He was just as sharp and well groomed as Cristanto. He wore a black suit with no tie and he was sitting at his desk with his head resting on the back of his hands. He gave me an intense look-over and nodded in approval before gesturing me to sit down at a seat in front of the desk.

“Hello Iris Black, I am Gregorio, The Vampire King.”

At least he has manners. Well then again, I shouldn’t expect any less from royalty, excluding Cristanto who has the manners of a donkey. I gave a slight bow and gave him a sheepish look. I knew he wanted that locket back. I already had one hand in the pocket of my jeans, ready to pull it out as soon as he said the word.

The vampire king smiled and for the first time I didn’t get a menacing chill from a supernatural’s smile. As I took a seat, Cristanto came in and sat languidly beside me. The king gave him no notice and turned his full attention on me and I felt the glare of the spotlight coming from his ruby violet eyes.

“I, I am sorry I took the locket.” I said softly. Cristanto had stuffed the damn thing into my hands and made me spit on it to get rid of his smell. Ugh.

The vampire kind nodded slightly looking unperturbed. I pulled the locket out and handed it to him. He took it gently and opened it. Inside was a picture of a woman with dark brown hair and bright green eyes. “She was my lover.” He said.

Awww, it’s just like a soap opera but less cheesy. He really caught my interest. I never knew vampires could actually love. Well not many people know the truth about supernaturals. Beside me Cristanto gave a rude cough.

“She was human, just like you.” The king added as he placed the locket around his neck. His dark hair fell around his sad face.

Oh Cristanto, why can’t you be more like your father?

“My son here is the result of my love and as you can tell he’s an abomination.” The king added coldy. I heard Cristanto tighten his grip. A low growl echoed from his chest. The King hissed viciously and that shut Cristanto right up. I sat with my muscles as tense as they could be.

I swallowed a bit. “Am… Am I going to be punished?”

“Unfortunately yes.” He said quickly composing himself. “I’m afraid that I am going to have to take some of your blood as punishment.”

Gulp. I touched my neck. This guy really knew where to push the fear button. The only other person that bit me was Richard. Cristanto’s bite was as fake as a dream. And the pain was so unbearable I was already shaking with fear. The thought of two sharp fangs protruding my skin and draining me of my blood was enough to make me faint on the spot. Silently the King rose and held me gently by the shoulder but before he could even brush my hair away, someone entered the room.

“My lord.” Richard’s voice rang.

The king paused and turned to face Ricahard. Once again I felt relief from his presence. I heard Cristanto let out a breath and then pout. Ass, ass, ass! He’s a sadist! Every single time we meet he wants to see me in pain! That sick bastard! When I threw a death glare at him, he simply waved his hand while his eyes said “oh you.” Oh you? I owe you some blue balls you dickwad.

“Oh the newborn. What is it you want now?” The king sounded a bit wary. Huh newborn? Did I just hear that right?

“The girl.” Richard answered.

The King looked at me and then at Richard with a ‘are you kidding?’ look. “She’s busy with me right now. I’m about to give her punishment for stealing something of mine.”
Richard pursed his lips and looked at me with a furious look , oh like I did this on purpose, and then he glanced at Cristanto with a deadlier look. When I peeked at the vampire prince, he just seemed so carefree with his feet now propped up on the smooth mahogany desk. He pretended to just notice us and then gave us a mental “Me? What did I do to deserve such insolent glares?”

Somebody kill him please.

“My lord, it was my fault. I… I made her take the locket.” Richard spat out.

If my eyes could pop out now they would. Cristanto watched with even more amusement. Gregorio shook his head. “You have no reason to steal it therefore it couldn’t have been you. Now if you’ll excuse us.” The king brushed aside my hair to expose my neck and I shivered, bracing myself for pain. No one said a word, and as the king lowered his head, I felt the presence of his lip just millimeters away from my skin.

“Wait!”

We all turned to Richard again, my heart pounded with anticipating fear.

“What now?” The king growled, obviously losing his patience.

“She’s my cousin!” The hell I am! “ I’ll take the responsibility of her punishment.” Richard pressed as he walked forward confidently.

The king looked skeptical but nodded as he gestured him forward. “You do realize your punishment will be worse.” The king hissed.

I gulped, and beside me Cristanto was smiling from ear to ear with a “Oh boy!” plastered all over his excited face. Richard kept his eye on me the whole time and I knew at that moment, I was going to owe him big time.

“Yes.” He answered the king. “Do as you will.”

Without a second to waste, the king snatched Richards head. I yelped thinking he’d rip it off but instead he yanked Richard’s mouth open and kissed his neck. Ew… homo-ish. But I quickly got over the queasiness when I saw Richard’s fangs extend. Gregorio worked fast as he wrapped his fingers around both fangs and tore them from their roots.

There was a terrible sound gargling from his mouth as if he was trying to hold back the blood curdling scream. Even Cristanto held his breath and then it wasn’t long before the blood exploded from the wound and the agonizing shriek echoed in the vampire realm.

Tears welled up from his eyes as well as mine. The king held a long blood fang and threw it at his son who flinched away. After dusting off his hands of the blood he silently marched out and the door made a loud click.

Richard was writhing on the carpet floor, bleeding heavily from his mouth while screaming nonstop. Cristanto didn’t look at all alarmed but he did shift a bit in his seat, obviously uncomfortable with the sight but his face said “Well that was interesting.”

Me? I sat in my chair and continued to watch. My eyes would not dare to blink even with hot tears running down my face. I was terrified, hurt, and shocked beyond all of my worth.

This was something I’ll never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Demon Victor
Image

Vampire King Gregorio
Image

Faerie Kiser
Image

Faerie Juniper
Image

Faerie Uli
Image