Sequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Lyrissa's Sparkles

Chapter Thirty-Five

“Professor Xavier! Can I talk to you for a sec?” Andrew shouted as he chased him down.

“Of course Andrew, what is it?”

“Well, you know it’s a few days until Sparkles’ birthday… and I have no idea what to do for her. I was wondering if you could help me out? What’s she like, or want, things like that.” He answered.

“She is not the easiest to shop for. I will say, you can’t go wrong with tools, bike polish, and other mechanic things. Right now she is trying to fix up the truck Jack gave her shortly after you arrived here; you could try buying the parts and tools she needs for that.”

“I don’t know anything about cars… do you?”

“I’m no mechanic, no.” Xavier smiled.

“Then what do I get her? I can’t do clothes, because I don’t know what size, I can’t get her music, because I don’t know what she has or wants, she just got that art set from her mom a month ago. I’m boned.” Andrew sighed.

“According to her thoughts, I think a day off would be the best gift.” Xavier smiled after a moment.

“Day off from what?”

“Being Sparkles, being in charge of so many children, and being responsible for so much. She refuses to say anything, but what she honestly wants is some time to herself, and to think, and a chance to be with Logan without jokes or teasing, or worrying about everyone else.”

“Okay… how do I do that?”

“Take Allie for one. Keep the kids busy, don’t ask her to do anything, and give her a break Andrew.”

“Okay… I’ll try. Thanks Professor, you’re awesome.”

“You’re very welcome.”

With that Andrew ran off to start planning for Lyrissa’s gift. It had been a month since the labs, and since she had gotten the chest full of her mother’s things. She hadn’t taken the bracelet off since. The date was now December eighth, and everyone was trying to plan for her birthday on the tenth.

Lyrissa was currently sitting on Logan’s bed watching him work out, while sketching whatever came to mind. “Havin’ fun?” he asked teasingly after setting the weights down and sitting next to her. “Well, I’m with you, so yes.” She laughed, flipping the page over so he couldn’t see what she was drawing. “I’d kiss you, but you’re covered in sweat, so go shower and then I will.” She giggled, teleporting to the other side of the room before he could grab her. “Fine, but I’m holdin’ ya to that darlin’.” He grinned, and left the room. Lyrissa giggled again and teleported to outside the Danger Room, where she was supposed to have a session with Andrew, Box, and Jazz.

“Rules are easy on this one guys, just stay standing. You’re playing teams, boys versus girls.” Xavier announced form the control room once the four of them were dressed and ready for the event. “Got’cha.” Box nodded, high-fiving Andrew.

“Course starting in three… Two… One…” the computer announced, before throwing everything it had at them. Pistons, wires, tentacles, pendulums, moving walls and ceiling, and whatever else the group in the control room felt like throwing in.

“This is hard!” Jazz yelled, jumping over a tentacle, before ducking under a pendulum. “I know! Not as hard as when you go against Scotty though!” Lyrissa laughed, using her powers to try and stop two pistons from crushing her. There was a loud squealing sound, and Andrew went flying past them and into the wall. “You okay?” Jazz asked. “Yeah. I got hit with something big.” He groaned. “Andrew, you fell, that means you’re out.” Cyclops announced from the control room. “Bye-bye Andy!” Lyrissa smiled before running from a group of tentacles, trying to make them hit Box.

“Nice try Sparkles! But I’m so much smarter than that!” he shouted, ducking under them and waving at her. “Yeah, you are… but that doesn’t change stupid.” Jazz smirked after a pendulum hit him in the back and knocked him flat on his face. “Girls win!” Xavier announced. “Woot!” Jazz cheered. Lyrissa laughed and teleported out to get a shower.

When she got out, she realized that she forgot to bring her clothes in with her. “Really?” she asked herself, wrapping up in a towel. She closed her eyes, and preyed that her teleport would work and take her to her room. When she opened them, she blushed to the point her whole body turned red. She went right into the game room, where Gambit, Andrew, and Dante were playing cards, Logan was shooting pool, and Scott was watching some monitors. “Uhm…” Andrew hummed awkwardly, trying very hard not to stare at her. “I… I meant t-to go to my room.” She stuttered quietly. “You missed.” Dante laughed, keeping his head down so he didn’t see naked Lyrissa.

She jumped when Logan put his arm around her. “Ya wanna teleport up?” he whispered, knowing that she was unable to think at the moment. “I… yeah.” She muttered, and disappeared in a mess of swirling wisps. Logan walked up to her room a few minutes later, giving her time to get dressed and recover from her accident.

She opened the door with a wisp while lying face down on her bed when he knocked. “Hey.” He greeted, closing the door behind him. “Hey.” She repeated her voice muffled by the pillows she had buried her face in.

“It ain’t that bad, ya know.” He smiled, sitting down next to her and playing with her wet hair.

“Yes it is, that towel barely covered me.”

“Nothin’ showed.”

“You swear? No lies to make me feel better Logan.”

“I swear, it was short, but everythin’ was covered.”
She sighed and rolled over so that she could face him. Her eyes were red from crying a little out of embarrassment, and she had wet hair stuck to her face from being pressed against the pillows. “Thanks.” She smiled.

“For?”

“Well, reminding me that I could teleport, and get out of there for one… and coming up here.”

“Yer welcome.” He smirked, un-sticking the hair from her face and pushing it behind her ear. She scooted over, silently asking him to lay down with her, and snuggled up to him, her hair soaking through his shirt. “What shampoo did ya use?” he asked, sniffing her hair.

“Mine.”

“What is it?”

“Amber and ginger.” She smiled. “I thought it’d be a good scent for winter.”

“I like it.”

“You like everything.” She sighed, leaning up and kissing him playfully.

“Everythin’ about you, yeah.” He smirked, kissing back. “Is that shampoo and soap, flavored?” he asked, since her lips tasted like gingerbread men.

“No, my lip balm is though.” She smiled slyly.

“I like that too.” He grinned before pulling her into a deeper kiss.

“Okay! I’m pretty sure Wolverine can keep Sparkles busy for a little bit. Now, Professor-X said her mom had things she wanted to happen for her twentieth birthday, but we still need the party, gifts, and stuff like that.” Jamie announced as the kids, and X-Men sat in the War room. “That’s right. And it has to be good, because this is big. No more ‘teen’ after her age. She is now a woman. So she needs one serious rager!” Andrew added, followed by cheers by the kids, and a couple X-Men. “Wait, Professor, check on Sparkles real quick and make sure she isn’t on her way down.” Kiera suggested. He started laughing after reading her thoughts. “They will be in her room for a while.” He smiled. “Okay, gross, but good. Let’s get to planning.” Jazz grinned, clapping her hands together and rubbing them eagerly.

“I’m staying away from shopping at the mall with you girls.” Scott announced. “Yeah, me to.” Gambit agreed. “Me three.” Andrew nodded. “Yeah, no man, or boy, should be put through that.” Box sighed. “Okay fine. Stay here and do what boys do during the planning of parties. Nothing.” Kiera laughed.

“Hey, we hung up the decorations for Allie’s party didn’t we?” Scott asked. “Yeah, and the sign was upside down until Jean fixed it Mr. Summers.” She pointed out. “And who moved de furniture?” Gambit asked. “You and Beast.” Jazz answered. “But who went and got everything?” Jazz she asked. “We all did.” The guys answered together. “Who picked it out?”

Jean asked. “Girls.” Max sighed, “And who made the cake?” Rogue asked. “Jean.” Scott laughed. “And wrapped the gifts?” Storm asked. “You, Jubilee, and Rogue.” Hank smiled. “And who set up the tables?” Rogue asked. “You and Jazz.” Andrew sighed. “Yeah, so who does most of the work again?” Kiera demanded. “Boys.” Max grinned defiantly. “Okay, then I want you as boys, to chart everything you do for this party. And we’ll chart everything we do, and we’ll so who does most.” Jazz decided.

Box started sniffing the air suddenly, and made a face. “You guys smell that?” he asked, still sniffing. “Smell what?” Scott asked. “Smells like a bet to me.” He answered, grinning at the girls. Allie started sniffing too. “No, it smells like girls winning a bet.” She retorted. “Don’t know how you girls would smell anything over all your perfume.” Dante jeered. “Big talk for someone who’s about to lose a bet.” Kiera smiled. “What do we win if you lose the bet?” Beast asked. “I say, losers become the maids of the house, and have to wear frilly pink aprons and maid hats, and clean the whole place, and make dinner.” Jubilee suggested. All of the girls nodded in agreement. “Okay, and if we win, you wear the aprons and hats, make dinner, and wash our socks and underwear. By hand.” Andrew smirked. Kiera cringed. “Ladies?” Storm asked cautiously. “Deal.” They all announced after a moment’s huddle. “Deal!” the boys shouted. Scott, Gambit, and Beast sat wondering how in god’s name they ended up in such a bet.

“Now that the bet is on, let’s go shop for the party. Are we having it on the tenth?” Jean asked. “Yes.” Xavier smiled. “Brilliant! Come on. Do whatever it is boys do for parties guys, and don’t forget to write it down.” Kiera grinned as they left the room.

“Okay men, and boys,” Andrew announced, looking at Max, Dante and Jamie, “The girls can’t win this bet. What can we do to put words on the list?” he asked. “Well, move the furniture, and clean the party room, get music, and set up the music.” Jamie suggested. “We could write down everything we do individually, for instance ‘swept floor’, ‘mopped floor’, ‘moved tables’, and things like that.” Scott added. “And this is why you’re King Cyclops.” Max laughed as they left to start with their list.

Lyrissa and Logan were just lying on her bed together in silence, simply enjoying being together. “I can’t believe no one interrupted us this time.” She laughed in amazement. He smirked and tightened his grip on her. “Maybe I should go check on the kids… they could have everyone tied up somewhere, holding them hostage.” She smiled, pulling away slightly. “Oh no ya don’t, get back here.” He ordered, pulling her back and holding her down. “W-why not?” she stuttered, pretending to be afraid, but her brightly sparkling hair made the joke even more obvious. “Because I don’t want ya to.” He smirked, kissing her again.

This time, they were interrupted. “Sparkles, get dressed and get out here!” Andrew yelled through the door. “Why!” she whined loudly. “Because, I said so!” She groaned and waited for Logan to get off of her, but he didn’t move. “Logan, I really gotta go out there.” She smiled. “No ya don’t, I can hear what they’re sayin’ out there. It’s a prank.” He explained, kissing her neck again. “What kind of prank?” she asked, gasping when he bit her lightly. “Snowballs.” Was all he that had to say for her to know that opening the door was a bad idea.

“Come on Sparkles, it’s important!” Andrew pushed. “Why?” she demanded. “We wanna show you something!” he shouted. “Later, man!” she answered, and turned her full attention back to Logan. “Fine!” Andrew shouted. They both heard her door click as he telekinetically unlocked it and threw it open.

Four snowballs went flying at the bed, but only hit a few black wisps that lingered. “Well, that was a fail.” Box sighed. Andrew huffed and closed the door back, and the boys went back outside to play in the snow; they had gotten bored while trying to set up for the party that was days away.

“They’re going to be so ticked off!” Lyrissa laughed as she and Logan lay on his floor. “Smart move teleportin’ us, but ya could work on yer aim a little.” He smirked. She wanted to hit the bed, but missed and put them three feet above the floor next to his weights. “Well, we’re not covered in snow at least.” She giggled. Wrapping her legs around his hips.

“SHE’S GONNA KILL YOU GAMBIT!” Max screamed from down the hall, “HOW COULD YOU BLOW UP THE SHOVELHEAD!?” “Lyrissa stopped what she was doing and froze, waiting to hear more of what was going on out there. “Can you hear anything Logan?” she asked quickly. “No, but I did hear someone runnin’ out to the garage, and a few running back from it.” He answered. “I gotta go. Sorry Logan.” She gasped, wiggling out of his grasp and running out the door.

She screamed when she turned the corner for the stairs, and was met with twenty snowballs, thanks to Jamie, Dante, Max, Andrew, and his telekinesis. “ANDREW!” she bellowed. “Classic!” he squeaked through his laughter. “Max, great idea to yell that Gambit blew up the bike… I didn’t think it’d work, but that was awesome.” Jamie laughed as the boys went back outside, Andrew taking all the snow out of the mansion with him. “They’re good.” Logan smirked as he walked up behind her. “Yeah, they are. But I’m better.” She growled, and teleported away.

The guys were running around the front yard throwing snowballs at each other, pushing each other into the snow, and beating one another like boys do when she teleported above them, standing on what she named a ‘wisp disc’; it was what happened when her wisps let her fly, now that she was able to control it. “FREEZ YOU JERKS!” she yelled, and used the shadows around them to throw quite a bit of snow on them. Jamie was nearly fully buried. “Yeah? Nice try Sparkles, but you cannot beat the master!” Andrew shouted, knocking her off of her wisp disc, and into a snowdrift. She gasped and teleported behind him, jumping on his back and pushing his face into the snow. “Who’s the master?” she laughed. And the snow war began.

Inside, Scott, Gambit, and Hank were sitting around in the front room watching them out the window. “Do you think she suspects anything?” Hank asked. “No, she’s can be pretty oblivious sometimes. She knows about her birthday, but as far as parties go… she has no clue.” Scott smiled. “Let’s hope it stay dat way, no?” Gambit commented, laughing when three of the boys tackled Lyrissa at once. “It should, as long as everyone acts like nothing’s happening.” Hank shrugged.

“Is she wearin’ any gear out there?” Logan asked as he joined them. “No.” they answered together. “Just the jeans, and sweater.” Hank smiled. “Ain’t she cold?” he asked. “Not yet, but she will be when she gets back in.” Scott laughed.

Just then Lyrissa was thrown into the door, causing it to open and send her crashing to the floor. She groaned and lay there, refusing to move. “Lyrissa! You okay?” Logan gasped as he, and the others rushed to her side. “That hurt.” She whined, hair sparkling while the boys laughed from outside. “Oh sorry Sparkles! Lemme help ya!” Andrew shouted as he ran over. “I don’t need help, I’m fine.” She smiled, holding the back of her head as Logan and Gambit both held onto her, worried that if they let go she’d fall over. “That means ‘let go of me’ in girl!” Max shouted at them. “You sure you okay?” Gambit asked. “Yeah, I’ve gotten worse. Way worse.” She giggled, stumbling away from them and out the door. “Yeah! Like teleporting naked into the game room!” Dante laughed. “I wasn’t naked! I was wearing a towel!” she defended. “You were naked enough.” Andrew shrugged, chucking a snowball at her head.

Somehow, Logan got involved in the snowball fight later on, and his just being there turned the snowball fight into who can hit Logan the most. “HEY! Knock that off Sparkles!” he growled through his own laughter as she ran at him, and tackled him into the snow. “No.” she shrugged, getting off just in time for Andrew to send some snow his way. “Hey Wolverine!” Jamie called, speeding by and hitting him with a snowball. “Hey Wolverine!” he repeated, hitting with another one. “Hey Wolver- OH!” he gasped as Logan caught him on the third run. “Hey Jamie.” He smirked. “Bye Wolverine!” he giggled, and slipped out of his jacket before speeding off.

“Put that back on!” Lyrissa ordered, she sounded like she was his mother. “Make me!” he laughed, sticking his tongue out at her. “Ohhh! You’re gonna get it!” Max jeered. Lyrissa’s eyes darkened, and she trapped Jamie with his own shadow, forcing the coat back over his body with her wisps and pulling him back to her. “Wear the coat, or play inside.” She said firmly. “You aren’t wearing one.” He pointed out. “Do as she says, not as she does.” Andrew laughed. “I’m going in a bit anyway. I’m starting to get cold.” She shrugged, and let go of the little redhead.

“Here.” Scott smiled, handing her some hot chocolate. “Thanks Scotty.” She shivered, now that she was inside in the heat; she felt exactly how cold she really was. “How come ya weren’t shiverin’ like that out there?” Logan asked. “I d-don’t know. I’ve alwayssss been like th-this. I’m not cold unt-til I get inssside.” She answered, stuttering as her teeth chattered. “Go put on some dry clothes, and come back down.” Scott ordered. She nodded and teleported up to her room.

“We used to get so mad at her for this, she’d go play, and either have to be forced to wear winter gear, or come inside before she got sick. We can’t make her now, because she’s all grown up.” He sighed. “Yes, and I do remember her getting hypothermia one year.” Hank agreed. “She had to stay in de infirmary for a while, we didn’ think she was gonna make it. But she a fighter, an’ make it through anythin’, eh?” Gambit smiled. “Luckily.” Scott frowned.
Lyrissa reappeared a few minutes later wearing big fuzzy socks, thick fleece pajama pants with a matching tank top, her fuzzy black robe, and bunny slippers. “Cozy?” Logan smirked. “N-no.” she answered with a small pout. “Here, we had this waiting when I saw you outside without a coat.” Scott smiled, handing her an electric blanket that was already heated up. “You’re a hero Scotty!” she beamed, wrapping up tight and sighing happily. It wasn’t long before she fell asleep.

“Scott, is it clear to bring everything in?” Jean asked telepathically from the garage. “Yeah Jean, it is. Just be quiet, she’s sleeping in the front room here.” He answered. “Okay girls, she’s asleep on the couch, so keep it down.” She smiled, and started to unload the car. It was already after sunset, and the guys had put in some microwave meals while the girls ate out, which meant the only thing left to do that night was stash the party gear, and relax.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is the final chapter! Give me ALL of your thoughts, and show me that you want Lyrissa's Sparkles II posted here, and I will post it. Also, what do you think of the new layout?