Status: Active! [IHopes..]

Love Letters

Clarisse; Growing Pains

Clarisse's head was spinning a little as she looked down at that little plus sign; everything was starting to go blurry in her mind, but she quickly pushed the thought away. Throwing the test out, she walked to her desk and curled into her comfortable chair, pulling out a piece of her purple stationary.

Dawn,
Hah! Men? Well, yes, there's tons of them up here all with absolutely gorgeous accents and most have just killer bodies; but my mind is going a whole lot more into my studies than into any guys. So, negative on the love life, honey. Oh, and, that. It was nothing; had a fling with some guy and I was thinking I might be falling for him, but, I'm all right and everything is back to normal in my head. No love blinding me, here.

I'm so sorry, sis. I wish I was there to help out and make everything better; but I need this. It's been my dream since I was little; you know that. If it were any other circumstances than this full-ride scholarship and I could come home and help you, and then come back you should know I would be on the first plane back out of here.. But with the scholarship, if I leave I won't be able to come back and there go my dreams of going to this school.

The wild side of you has exploded? Well, that might not be such a bad thing, Dawny. Right now, you might not feel like it's the real you, but you're probably just going through a phase. Eventually Little Devil Dawn and Cutesy Dawn will come together to make a... Super Cutesy Devil Dawn superhero, or something. I promise it will all work out for you. You have to remember when the "Little Angel" went through her phase? And, I came out just fine, didn't I? I think I did...

Anyways, sweetheart, I want to just fly through this page to California and give you a massive hug... But, I can't so just give yourself a hug and image it's me, okay? Okay.

Love you Dawny,
ClareBear


The letter had been full of lies. She didn't want to go home at all right now; everything was too complicated and being away from everyone she knew made thinking clearly easier.
Clare looked down at the next piece of stationary in the stack and grabbed it, the blue page was calling out for her to write back to Andrew. She'd read it a million times over since the prior day and had even taken to carrying it in her purse. A blush spread along her cheeks as she thought of him; but then her mind went back to her little sister and another person entered her mind.

Dear Tom,
Hi.. I know you and I haven't been the closest over the years, but you do flit in and out of my mind, and sometimes I do miss you. Now, I know how close you and Dawn are, or, were, or whatever you two are right now... But, I also know that no matter what you care about her.
Please, make sure she's alright. She's probably going to try and seem strong for me in her letters... But, try and pry past her defenses and take care of her for me?
Thanks,
Clarisse.


Now, it was time to write to Andrew. Setting aside the two other letter she pulled a piece of red stationary out and got to it.

Hey, Andrew.
I'm so glad to have gotten your letter back. I miss you and, well, everything like every day. I'm constantly thinking about you and those kids, and I hope that you're doing alright.

More about France? Well.. The meals are tiny; think of an America proportion and cut off more than half of it and you've got your French sized proportions. It's been taking my body a little bit to get used to it; but you know me, I've never been a heavy eater. I walk almost everywhere I go because everything looks so amazing and beautiful that it would be a shame to drive and miss it all; plus I don't know all the rules about driving over here.

As for adventures, sorry to disappoint you, but there really haven't been any. Well, unless you count getting lost on campus and sitting through ten minutes of a class I didn't belong in where the professor only spoke French, and then getting thrown out of it because obviously something I said offender her. I did learn French -as you know- but sometimes I feel I can't say things as well as the people who actually live here, and I seem to pronounce things wrong a lot. Oh, well, I'll learn in time, right?

I want to see a winter like that. I've heard Alaska is beautiful, even though it is cold. Maybe sometime after I get out of school we'll have to take a trip up their together? Maybe, even get back together. I really would like to visit someday.

I think you really need to do something to get those kids talking.. Have you tried looking for any other family they might have? Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, even Cousins or something. I don't know, it might help? I'm sorry that he's so sad. Must be really tough on you trying to deal with your own grief and worrying about Daniel as well. But, at least Michelle seems all right. The fact she has such sweet and loyal friends is definitely a good thing.. Too bad that she's going to have to leave them. God, that's just gonna break their little hearts even more, Rew.

Well, I need to sign off now. Lots of schoolwork to do.

xo
Clari

P.S: I know. I've been hearing it with French accents since I got here. Love it.