Status: Active! [IHopes..]

Love Letters

Tommy; Tired Eyes

Days were too long as far as Tommy was concerned. He wanted to spend all his days sleeping, but he had no time lately. The drummers at the high school were driving him crazy constantly bugging him for their music and he honestly hadn’t had the time to sit down and rewrite the 20 part percussion music to work for the 5 kids he had.

He tossed himself down on his couch and flips through the papers on the coffee table knowing he really needed to finish writing that music, but not really feeling up to it right now.

“Shit-“ He exclaimed realizing that the letter from Andrew was over a week old now and he still hadn’t replied. “I’m an awful brother. Awful, awful, awful.” He muttered jumping up and running to get a notepad. It was getting late, but he really wanted to get the letter out. He was willing to stop whatever he was doing for his brother, and a few other people, but his brother was always important to him.

Dear Andrew,

Things out here are good. The marching kids are pretty awesome this year. I’ll have to get you a video of the performance so you can check it out. Mom and Dad are good. I went over there and hung out with them last Monday for dinner and they’ve been around the school helping out with band for me. You should come down for a visit sometime and show the kids around the area. They might like it. I mean, we don’t get much snow and we have the sun pretty often, but I’m sure they’ll adjust.

Music Therapy is pretty shitty to be honest. I haven’t had time to focus on it in ages. But you know, why not enroll the kids in a music program up there or get them a therapist or something. I don’t know, but a lot of the psychology classes I’ve been taking have talked about the importance of talking after traumatic events and all that jazz. It might be really good for them. And for you too… well maybe. I don’t know what I’m talking about.

How is Clarissa? I haven’t heard from her lately. Or better yet, How are things with Clarissa?

Love, Tommy


Those poor kids. Tommy felt bad for them, but really he wasn’t good with kids. He didn’t know how to help him. He worked with kids with mental disorders, not kids who lost their parents. He would have tossed himself off a cliff if his parents died. But, that was whatever. He couldn’t really help them. Not that he really wanted to. He didn't know their dad that well, but if he needed to he would have tried. He wasn't the kind of guy that Andrew was.

He tossed the written letter onto the table and decided he should write a letter to Dawn considering it had been a while since he’d received her letter too. He was awful. He really needed to get an organize or make a weekly to-do list or something to get all his stuff done when he needed to.

Dawn, Dawn, Dawn. He didn’t even know what to think as he sat down and started the letter. He wasn’t going to lie; he loved the girl, but at the same time he could never dream of dating her or anything. She was crazy and outgoing and the complete opposite of everything that was Tommy. Dawn was to day as Tommy was to night.

Hey Dawn,

How you doing baby-girl? You know I miss you. I couldn’t lie about that even if I wanted to because you’d see right through it. You know me to well. I can’t wait for you to come back home sometime and hang out again like old times. I learned a few new drinks that I want you to try. I’m not a bartender or anything, but I think they’re pretty good. I don’t know you can be my judge there.

I haven’t found any new girl yet. There’s a new band director in the county though and she’s been around a lot. She’s a sweetheart, but she ain’t you so she doesn’t win. Plus she’s a blonde with blue eyes and you know how much I like my black haired girls. But what about you, girly? Meet any boys? I mean boring and plain only really works out here and you deserve something a bit more out there than I am.. But I don’t know.

It’s whatever. I miss you lots. I can’t wait to see you again. Hope you’re doing good and that Cali is treating you well. Don’t forget to study so you can get home.

Hugs,
Tommy


It hurt to just end it on Hugs. He didn’t want Hugs. He wanted Kisses and Love and so much more than just Hugs. But he wasn’t going to do much.

He tossed the letter down on the other one making a mental note that he’d need to mail in the morning, but now he really needed to sit his ass down and right percussion music before he was tackled by chubby high school drummers.

He sat back down and laid down and closed his eyes. He was too tired to do anything now. Between his classes and all the hours he was putting into tech-ing, he had no time to do anything. Although he was still working his 2 part time jobs. He was beat. He really needed to nap.