Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 7

Giselle woke up with a pounding headache, aching neck and a sore throat. She was confused as to where she was until she looked up saw Vic looking at the wall. She could feel that she was lying on a bed and she could her a television in the background. She couldn’t help but notice the worried look on his face. She understood why. If she walked out of a building and saw someone chocking her friend who then had a panic attack and passed out she would freak too. Giselle immediately thought about Dave. Who had went after him? Did they catch him? Did someone call the police? So many questions were running through her mind. She moved her head and immediately felt Vic’s stare on her face. Her hazel eyes met his brown and he smiled softly.

“Welcome back.” He said playing with her hair.

“Hi.” She said in a raspy voice. Her eyes watered from the pain that shot through her throat. Vic gently moved her head and walked to the mini refrigerator grabbing a bottle of water.

“Here drink this.” He said kneeling in front of her body.

Vic helped her sit up and she drank some of the water. They both stared at each other until Giselle tried to clear her throat.

“What happened?” She said softly.

“Well I was wondering what was taking you so long so I came to look for you. I passed Jaime as he was talking to Sam and Danny. Then we heard you scream so we all ran outside and saw you. Jaime and Danny tackled Dave and Sam and I went to you. You were breathing really hard and I didn’t know what to do. I was trying to calm you down…” Vic explained

“I was having a panic attack. Ever since he started beating me I’ve had anxiety problems.” She said

“Did they get him?” Giselle asked.

Vic looked at the girl in front of him and saw the fear in her eyes. He didn’t want to tell her the bad news.

“He got away didn’t he?”

Vic simply nodded. “Danny had him but then he took his knife and cut him. He let go and Dave ran. Jaime couldn’t catch him.”

“Did anyone call the police?” she asked

“No. I knew that they would have to talk to you and that they would call your parents and you said you didn’t want that.”

Giselle nodded and looked around the room.

“Where are we?”

“We’re still in Denver. We have a day off here tomorrow, which is why we checked into a hotel.” He said.

“Did you guys still play? You didn’t cancel your set did you?” Giselle asked

“No. Uh, the Asking Alexandria guys went on a little late and we watched you when they were playing. Then when we went on they watched you. I would’ve had Brandon watch you but I didn’t know if you wanted him involved…” he said

“Yeah you did the right thing.” Giselle said, “Did all of the guys in Asking Alexandria look after me?”

“No, just Danny, Sam and Ben. The other two had to handle all of the band stuff.” He said.

Giselle nodded and looked at the clock on the table. It read 1:45 am. She started to talk but jumped when there was a knock at the door. She held her chest and tried to even her breathing. Vic gently rubbed her back and sent her a comforting smile.

“It’s okay. It’s just one of the guys.” He said before walking to the door and opening it. Giselle saw Jaime walk in with her a bag. He walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug.

“How are you doing?” he asked

“I’m okay.” She said

Jaime nodded before speaking, “Good. Me, Tony and Mike went through some of your boxes and put some of your clothes and things in this bag.”

Giselle looked down at the bag and then back at Jaime.

“Thank you.” She said

“No problem Gizmo.” He said making Giselle smile at the name.

“I’m going to shower.” She said as the boys both nodded.

Giselle looked through the bag and pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and a white t-shirt along with a bra and underwear. She grabbed her toothbrush and body wash and walked into the bathroom. She turned on the shower as hot as she could tolerate and got in. Giselle tried to be strong but after tonight all of her walls came down. She slid down the shower wall and cried. She covered her mouth to block the sobbing noises coming from her mouth. She never wanted any of this to happen. She didn’t want to drag any of the guys into this. She just wanted to leave Dave, go back home, and be with her family. But her life was really complicated and she didn’t want to deal with any of it. She wanted to forget everything. After a few minutes she stopped crying and stood up. She cleaned herself up and stepped out. She dried herself off and dressed in her clothes. She brushed her teeth and washed her face before throwing her hair into a messy ponytail. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. It was obvious that she had been crying but at this point she didn’t care if anyone knew. She walked out of the bathroom and saw Vic sitting on the bed watching television.

“Are you okay?” Vic said seriously.

He could see that she had been crying.

“Yeah I’m fine.” Giselle said “I just….needed to let everything out.”

Vic nodded as she spoke again.

“Um…what room is Sam in? Do you know? I want to talk to him…and Danny.” She said quietly. Vic’s jaw tightened when he heard that. He didn’t want Giselle anywhere near Danny. He knew that he was interested in her. He was trying to win her over and Vic didn’t like that. But he knew she needed to talk to them.

“They’re in room 215. Its like five doors down on the right.” Vic said tossing her the room key.

Giselle caught it and turned to the door, “I’ll be right back.”

Giselle closed the door and walked down the hallway looking for room 215. When she found it she stopped and knocked on the door. She waited a few seconds before the door opened and she saw Danny standing there. They stood there looking at each other in silence. Giselle noticed Danny look at her neck where the bruises from Dave’s hands were forming. She saw sadness flow through his eyes before he pulled her in for a hug. Giselle stood there shocked for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around his waist. Danny’s arms were wrapped around her shoulders and he was running his finger through her hair.

“You’ve been crying love.” He mumbled

“I almost died. I think I should be allowed to cry.” She said into his chest. She felt his chest vibrate from his low laughter.

“Vic told me you were cut.” She said pulling away.

He showed her his right arm and she immediately noticed the large white bandage on his bicep.

“Does it hurt?” she asked tracing the edges of it.

“Not really. It did when it happened but not so much anymore.” Danny said looking over at his arm.

Giselle nodded and looked up at him. As much as he thought he was an asshole earlier he was being really nice right now. Plus he was attacked while helping her. He couldn’t be that much of an asshole.

“Thank you for helping me Danny.”

Danny smiled and crossed his arms.

“You don’t have to thank me Giselle.” He said. “You were hurt. Why wouldn’t I help you?”

“I don’t know….just….thank you.” She said playing with her fingers.

“You’re welcome.” He said simply

“Is Sam and Ben here?” she asked

“No. It’s just me.” He said staring at her.

Giselle knew he was checking her out and she started to blush.

“Oh you’re cute when you blush.” He said with a smirk.

Giselle rolled her eyes and looked up at him. “Just when I thought you were actually a nice guy…”

“Okay, okay. My bad.” He said laughing.

Giselle smiled and looked down the hall.

“Well I’m going back to my room. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said backing up.

“Yeah tomorrow.”

Giselle nodded at him and began walking back to her room. She used the card key and walked inside. When Vic saw her he smiled.

“Everything okay?” he asked

“Yeah.” She said walking over to the bed.

Giselle climbed into the covers and fell into the soft sheets and pillows. Vic noticed and turned the television off.

“I’m going to go.” He said starting to walk when Giselle grabbed his hand. He stopped and looked down at the girl. Her hazel eyes were shining and she looked at him with so much trust. He couldn’t get over how beautiful Giselle was.

“Can you stay with me Vic? Please?” she asked in a meek voice. “I don’t want to be my myself.”

“Of course I’ll stay G.” he said kicking off his shoes. He pulled off his beanie and adjusted his basketball shorts before getting into the bed with Giselle. Vic turned off the light and lay back on the bed. Vic smiled when he felt Giselle’s head on his shoulder and her arms tucked between her chest and his side. He wrapped his arm around her and leaned his head against hers.

“Giselle, I swear, I won’t let Dave hurt you again. You can trust me.” Vic whispered.

“I know Vic. I do trust you.”

When Vic heard those words leave her mouth his heart warmed. Knowing that Giselle trusted him made him feel good. He swore to himself that from that moment he was going to do anything to protect Giselle.

Anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go.
Comment please. :)