Drop Dead.

Hate.

I grunt and fall back onto the kitchen chair after I finally finish helping Mimi clean. She giggles and kisses me on the forehead, sloppily. I scowl and rub the spot with the back of my hand. Although I make a face that I don’t like it, I really do. It’s nice to feel like I have some place where I’m welcomed.

“Are you hungry? Do you want a snack?” Mimi asks, running her fingers through my hair. I swat her hand away and she laughs.

“Yeah,” I reply. “I don’t care what you make.”

“How about some grilled cheese?”

That sounds good so I nod. Mimi makes us our snack and walks into the living room, me following her. We both take a seat on the couch and she sighs, “You can watch TV since you worked so hard today.”

“Really?” I ask. It actually was really boring yesterday. I couldn’t talk to anyone but Mimi and she wouldn’t let me get on the computer or watch TV. All I did was lie in bed and listen to music, which can only keep my attention for so long.

She nods and hands me the remote. I take it from her hands and flip on the TV, scanning through the channels wondering what I should watch. Eventually I find a decent show and turn it on and for the rest of the day I watch it until its dinner time.

“You know…I haven’t seen Laker in a while,” Mimi says at dinner, taking a drink of her water. “Is something going on?”

I shake my head and reply, “No, nothing.”

“He is grounded, hun,” Ken chuckles. “It’s not like Laker can come over.”

“I know but even before…he hasn’t come over early in the mornings or came to dinner or on the weekends. I’m just worried is all…are you sure there’s nothing wrong?”

“There is!” Gel interrupts and I snarl at her. She ignores my threatening sound and goes to tell Mimi what she knows. “I don’t know what went wrong but one day Laker went storming out of the house and ever since they haven’t talked. Jinx won’t even sit in the front seat when we go to school. He’s been making me do it.”

“Jinx!” Mimi is watching me but I’m staring at my plate. Pushing the food around on my plate, I wait for whatever she has to say. “If something is wrong, you can tell us.”

“Nothing’s wrong.” That’s a lie.

“Let the boys sort it out themselves,” Ken cuts in, making me turn away from my food to listen to him. “You know how boys are. If they don’t do it themselves it ain’t happening.”

I give Ken a thankful smile and he winks at me. This causes both Mimi and Gel to sigh.

“Men.” Mimi shakes her head and gets up to take our plates to the kitchen.

“Hey Jinx, will you come outside and build another snowman with me?” Gel asks around a pleading grin. Normally I’d probably say no but I have nothing else to do so I shrug and go with it. She squeals with delight and runs to get warmer clothes on.

After we dress we head outside and start the snowman and just like before an uninvited guests arrives. Gel is thrilled to see him and throws her arms around him in a hug while I glare. If looks could kill Laker wouldn’t just be dead but butchered, sent to hell, brought back and slaughtered again. For once, Laker looks a little frightened by my stare and he takes a step back.

Gel doesn’t notice though and goes to ask, “Why haven’t you been coming over, Laker? It’s not as fun without you around.”

Laker finally looks away from me and laughs awkwardly, “Oh, I’ve just been busy is all.”

Busy with that slut, Brittany.

“You should stay here and play in the snow with us!” Gel exclaims happily, finally looking back at me. “Shouldn’t he…Jinx, why are you staring at Laker like that?”

I scoff and lean down, grabbing snow to make a snow ball. Laker frowns but doesn’t move when I throw the thing as hard as I can at him. It hits him in the chest and he sighs, “You’re still angry.”

“I hate you. Fuck off!” I throw another, this time he dodges. If he hadn’t it would have hit him in the face.

Gel pouts. “Stop it, Jinx! I don’t care what’s up between you two but you need to fix it.”

“This is none of your damn business, Gel!” I scream at her, causing her to jump and stare at me in shock. “Stop butting into things that aren’t your business.”

“It is my business!” She defends. “You’re my brother and Laker is my friend and if you two are fighting than it is my business. You need to stop being so stubborn and talk about it. You’re acting like five year olds.”

I huff and cross my arms. Gel does the same before screaming and stomping off inside, leaving Laker and I alone in the freezing air. My body begins to get unbelievably cold after a few minutes and I sigh, “I’m leaving.”

I go to walk back inside but Laker runs over to me and grabs onto my wrist. I snap at him. “What part of fuck off don’t you understand?”

“We need to talk, Jinx.”

“About what? There’s nothing to talk about.”

“Yes there is!” He shouts. “Come on over to my house. My parents aren’t home so no one can bother us.”

“You’re probably going to try and kiss me again.”

Laker shrugs. “I guess you’ll have to find that out yourself.”

I roll my eyes and look back at the house. Gel is probably crying and telling Mimi about what just happened and I really don’t want to face either of them. Sighing, I go along with Laker and head on over to his house. I don’t know what we’re going to talk about but I’m sure that nothing is going to change. I’ll still hate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe?