Status: Transfer from my Quizilla account is complete

The Way It Played Out

Epilogue

“Come on, Gen.” Bill smiled at his seven year old daughter as she bounced around.
“Daddy, what’s second grade like?” She asked brightly, shoving her backpack on.
“Like first grade, but with more homework.” Bill winked as Genevieve gasped in horror.
“I’m kidding, sweetie.” He ruffled her hair, eyes shining, and took her hand.
“Daddy, when can we go visit Uncle Pete and Bronx again?” Gen asked innocently, fluttering her eyes at him as he climbed in behind the wheel after securing her in her car seat.
“Why? Someone have a crush?” Bill asked wickedly, and Gen blushed.
“No way!” She squealed. “That’s icky! We’re just bestest friends!”
Bill grinned at her, trying not to laugh. “Just you remember that.” He glanced at her in the rearview mirror, then turned his attention to driving as he started the engine and rolled out of the driveway. “My little girl is too pretty to have any boyfriends.”
Gen giggled, flattered, as usual. She really was adaddy’s little girl.
Bill soon pulled up to the school and saved Gen from her car seat, holding her hand as well as his tall frame would allow as we walked her to the main entrance, her backpack in his free hand.
“Daddy, what if second grade’s scary?” Gen asked, wide eyed now that the moment of truth was upon her. Her blue eyes were wide, and accented by her shoulder length, messy brown hair.
Bill knelt down in front of her, smiling. “It won’t be scary. Promise.”
“Really?” Gen asked, skeptical.
“Pinky promise.” Bill held out his hand, giving her that same earnest, honest grin, his brown eyes assuring her everything would be ok.
Gen smiled and locked her finger around her father’s, and he kissed her forehead.
“I’ll be back at lunchtime with a special treat, and Mommy, too.” Bill winked at her.
“Yay!” Gen said, hugging him enthusiastically. “Second graders can have lunch on the play place.”
“Then we’ll have a picnic, just you and me and Mommy.” Bill hugged her back, ruffling her hair affectionately.
“Ok. Bye Daddy! Love you!” Gen chirped, already running off to find her friends, her backpack bouncing all over the place.
“Love you too.” Bill smiled after her.
Then he drove home to wake me up and tell me about our plans for lunch.

||Through it all, I made my mistakes, I stumble and fall, but I mean these words; I want you to know, with everything I won't let this go. These words are my heart and soul, I'll hold on to this moment you know, 'cause I'll bleed my heart out to show that I won't let go||
♠ ♠ ♠
*the title was taken from 'Everything We Had' by The Academy Is...* The line is "...Everything we had is no longer there, longer there well, you saw for yourself the way it played out..."

Well, that’s it. I decided to make it all one story, ‘cause I didn’t feel like it needed a whole sequel devoted to it. I hope you like my depiction of Bill as an incredibly sweet dad- it’s how I think he’d be. He does have a daughter, I think she’s 3 right now, but I have no idea what kind of father he is… he just strikes me as the doting type. :)
Thank you for reading this through to the end, even though it probably got boring. It’s different from other stories I’ve written, and it’s my favorite so far. I’m very proud of it.
Thank you again.
This has been 'The Way It Played Out' by nobody of importance
<3

{I'll be with you wherever you go, through the eyes of a fly on the wall}